• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big theory

Generally Nintendo like to release a Mario game at June

2019: Maker 2
2020: Origami King (it was delayed to July)
2021: Golf Super Rush
2022: Strikers Battle League
2023: TTYD Remaster? (Shadowdropped at june event like MP1 was past direct)
2018 had Mario Tennis Aces as well!

Help me out, does the Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection come out in Europe, and/or later than the digital release?

I can't find it on Amazon.de .... and the game(s) should be out this week iirc.

Talking about feeling old… remember the “What kind of gamer are you” Joker meme? Well, the newest game on the New School list is ~6 years old.

fixed the reference for the non-old people here
tumblr_nulen3CkTS1r8q9x8o1_500.gif

I'm pretty sure Osmosis Jones already is for old people...
futurama-i-made-myself-sad.gif

Hey it's not that old, I remember watching it with my high school class when it came out and that was only... oh

From Wikipedia of the movie from two thousand and one jfc

Voice cast​

Twisted Brown Trucker members Kid Rock, [...], and Uncle Kracker provide the voices of the fictional band "Kidney Rock".

Live-action​

• Bill Murray as Frank DeTorri, Shane's widowed father and Bob's brother.
  • Molly Shannon as Mrs. Boyd, Shane's science and P.E. teacher.

Marketing​

The first trailer for Osmosis Jones was released in front of Pokémon 3: The Movie on April 6, 2001, and contains a classical masterpiece from Stanley Kubrick's film 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Reading this entire article of names and other movies mentioned is a time capsule of weirdly specific niches being scratched in my head

Time is a flat circle which is why people who get the Fantastic Voyage reference are younger than the Osmosis Jones peeps.

As is tradition my newest level is by far my most ambitious. Once it's done though everything else I have planned is much more condensed and straightforward, so hopefully I won't be burning myself out on level design too much longer.

As usual I added a whole bunch of new features and modifiers between making levels. Hopefully I've got a really nice sense of variety in items and combat now.

Some interesting news came out of Universal Orlando this morning. An attraction called Poseidons Fury is closing, despite being the only attraction left in an entire land (Lost Continent). The attraction just reopened last year. Details on the replacement will be announced at a later date.

You might be wondering "Who cares? This is a Nintendo forum". Well, this is the same land that Zelda was rumored to replace.....

Some interesting news came out of Universal Orlando this morning. An attraction called Poseidons Fury is closing, despite being the only attraction left in an entire land (Lost Continent). The attraction just reopened last year. Details on the replacement will be announced at a later date.

You might be wondering "Who cares? This is a Nintendo forum". Well, this is the same land that Zelda was rumored to replace.....
We all know what this means...

legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-hd-how-to-beat-tentalus.jpg

Wow over 4000 members? I feel like that number was way lower a couple of weeks ago. Are we getting a lot of new members lately or are those mainly just spam accounts?
Or am I seeing things that aren‘t there and it‘s just business as usual.

Wow over 4000 members? I feel like that number was way lower a couple of weeks ago. Are we getting a lot of new members lately or are those mainly just spam accounts?
That sounds like a question for...

drum roll

ADMINS!

sounds the klaxon

A lot of people are joining just to post once in the hardware speculation thread.

This show is going to cause so many WTF’s this season XD

Especially with the shift from the opening arc to the main series tone XD

I mean... they're right though. The numbers on jerseys are symbols, not something denoting value. By convention, we read 11 as "eleven", but that doesn't mean reading it as "one-one" is wrong in this context. And in the latter interpretation, 00 is as distinct from 0 as 11 is from 1.

For another example, take phone numbers. In many countries, all area codes begin with 0. But you can't just omit the 0 when you type the number (sometimes you can omit the full area code, but AFAIK never just the 0). Or like... phone passcodes. 0012 is not the same as 12

But... reading it as "one one" is wrong in this context. By extension, so is reading it as "zero zero". The numbers are counting numbers, and originated as a means to designate players based on their position on a team starting with 1.

AFAIK, the only instance of there ever even being a leading 0 on a team number in a professional sports context was for a single player from 1991-1994 who specifically requested it

Anyway... I don't think Soul was venting about it in order to bring the conversation here :eek:

Y'all are really committing to the SegaBoards joke.
Assuming you don't know already, you can change back to the regular theme by scrolling down to the bottom left and clicking the "Sega" button next to the paintbrush

Just got home after seeing the Suzume no Tojimari preview at my local theater. It was WONDERFUL. I've got no tears left to cry, but I'm so happy I was able to see it in theaters – please do so if you have the chance, it's made to be watched on the big screen not on Crunchyroll.

Between this, Spiderverse 2, the new Miyazaki, TMNT, and the next Pixar movie, 2023 is shaping up to be a great year for animated films.

Just got home after seeing the Suzume no Tojimari preview at my local theater. It was WONDERFUL. I've got no tears left to cry, but I'm so happy I was able to see it in theaters – please do so if you have the chance, it's made to be watched on the big screen not on Crunchyroll.

Between this, Spiderverse 2, the new Miyazaki, TMNT, and the next Pixar movie, 2023 is shaping up to be a great year for animated films.
I had to drive to a city to find theaters playing Shinkai's other films but I'm happy to see that this time my local theater is actually showing Suzume. ❤️

Wait, it's showing?!?

Edit: Dammit it's not on theatres until Thursday, and I won't be able to watch until Sunday ughhhhh

I didn't even realize it was out so soon, but I'll definitely make time to watch it in theatres!

Can't wait to watch this movie on the big screen after missing it in 2016 and 2019.

As much as I enjoy the song "Holding out for a Hero", it is really getting overused. It has been in three new films in the last month alone.

Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Endless synthwave is right up my alley.

I've been listening to this for the last couple hours and it is such a vibe.

Comment section has just barely been skating by a vibe check, but I'm in agreeance with naming the new character Synthwave Dave as a parallel to Lo-Fi Jade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom