• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shall now call him Adam Sizzler because he’s about as appetizing as the restaurant.

I actually never paid any attention to him, so wouldn’t even know what he does other than being a media personality for a two decade moribund tv channel.

Yes. I am no longer disappointed. It is the job of members like yourself to dive into the depths of Twitter and report their findings so important people like myself don't have to risk brain rot down there. If you start to feel ill, just pull on the chain and I'll pull you back up. Unless I'm eating or sleeping or watching TV or something else.
*pulls desperately on chain*

Google-Pixel-7-7-Pro-Review-Gear.jpg
Loving my Pixel 6 a lot. Can recommend.

Been trying to get back into piano after a long while away, so I’ve been fiddling with some game music along with classical. What are everyone’s favorite piano game music tracks?
I've practiced both with Zelda's Lullaby as well as the Main Theme/Title Theme from OoT; fantastic songs for piano play imo, and there are some very beginner friendly versions as well.

I shall now call him Adam Sizzler because he’s about as appetizing as the restaurant.

I actually never paid any attention to him, so wouldn’t even know what he does other than being a media personality for a two decade moribund tv channel.
Hey I used to love that restaurant when I was a kid

The banning Steve situation is getting quite a bit of clout as more and more states end up banning him:

Honestly, speaking as an outsider to competitive Smash, the whole thing is fascinating from an outside perspective. Steve is already seen as the best character in the game, but the newly discovered glitch/exploit is not only bonkers (for those who haven't seen the videos, Steve can cancel hitstun in many situations, letting him easily escape combos or survive certain attacks that would KO the rest of the cast) and but is also easy to pull off. So easy that it's not hard to do it by accident trying to do another move, making it hard to just go "hey, let's ban the tech." Given that Smash Ultimate isn't getting patches, I can see why the community wants to ban him.

Good piano suggestions! "To Zanarkand" is an absolute classic, no doubt. "Midna's Lament" is a good one, too, and a lot of other Zelda music. For more FF, FF9 has "Rose of May" as well which I've always loved, so I may have to start working on some of those.

Good piano suggestions! "To Zanarkand" is an absolute classic, no doubt. "Midna's Lament" is a good one, too, and a lot of other Zelda music. For more FF, FF9 has "Rose of May" as well which I've always loved, so I may have to start working on some of those.

The Xenoblade 3 title screen theme is a great piano tune too

Am I missing something in return to dreamland deluxe? I violently mash the a button at the end of the level and Kirby gets like past 2 clouds max.

My favorite piece to pay on the piano is the Wedding Waltz from Dragon Quest V. It's a baroque waltz, easy to play even you don't have good ear.

Lent my GameCube collection to one of my nephews since he asked because he wants to play them but doesn't want to pay the expensive prices and I don't plan on playing them any time soon. Now he just keeps telling me how much my collection is worth.

Sweating.gif

I think I’m done listening to NVC. The cast just doesn’t work for me. I’ve always found Seth to be a lousy host - I truly miss Jose. Moreover, this latest episode went into the ‘lazy dev’ rhetoric without any insight on GameFreak’s development cycle. It also had Kat admit she hasn’t played Scarlet and Violet and then correct Reb about legendaries in the game. Sigh. I used to love NVC. I would love a show with Jose and Reb.

What did he do?!

I think I’m done listening to NVC. The cast just doesn’t work for me. I’ve always found Seth to be a lousy host - I truly miss Jose. Moreover, this latest episode went into the ‘lazy dev’ rhetoric without any insight on GameFreak’s development cycle. It also had Kat admit she hasn’t played Scarlet and Violet and then correct Reb about legendaries in the game. Sigh. I used to love NVC. I would love a show with Jose and Reb.
I think part of the issue is Seth isn’t a great host and isn’t good at keeping things a bit reined-in and actually on track, so the show feels like it has little structure or focus to it. I like him as a guest though; I thought that Casey was a great host when she was running it and she did a good job of keeping things organized. I think my ideal lineup would be Casey, Reb, Peer, and maybe Tom Marks or Brian.

But hey, at least Seth is better than Philip was!

The cheesy toast was like a dream. My local Sizzler went under during the pandy and I've missed them so much
Yeah lots of my (and my family's) favorite restaurants went under during the pandemic, unfortunately.

There was this chinese buffet restaurant near my house that went under. Really hurt. Food wasn't amazing or anything, but it was pretty good for the price, and it had been around since I was a teenager. My family celebrated tons of birthdays and anniversaries there...

So basically, fuck covid.

Watched Creed III in IMAX and now I want to play Wii Sports Boxing again.
Switch actually does have an official Creed game on it. It sure is not a Ready 2 Rumble, but it'll do the job... just ok.

I wanted to beg a Ready 2 Rumble reboot here in this post but then I imagined how crappy product it would be. Just a remaster of the DC game please, whoever owns the license right now.

In my area sizzler has been gone like 25 years, I loved the kids meal bar it had. Dino nuggets, mozzarella sticks, mac and cheese, classic kids feast.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

No relation, but just read this interesting piece about Catherine on Paste Mag :

Meanwhile, while all your restaurants are going away, one that left here in 2019 is coming back soon; Denny's!

The Dino Nuggets and the Ice Cream are the only things I remember from the local Sizzler that no longer exists (it's a Golden Corral now).
See now Golden Corral is the restaurant that for me has been gone 25 years. I miss that place too.

Watched Creed III in IMAX and now I want to play Wii Sports Boxing again.
What'd you think? I thought it was solid with extremely well-choreographed fight scenes, but lacked in some of the family drama and felt a little complicated narratively with some reveals. Didn't hold a candle to Creed for me, but is superior to II for sure imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom