• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
60hz confirmed for the European app !!
Awesome. Probably the same app as the american one like for NES and SNES, but still good to hear.
Can't wait.

How do we think Disco Elysium will run on Switch? I've been holding off until now because it feels like something I'd want to play handheld.
rip in peace

We stan a flop! (Prime was huge, yeah, it was what pushed me to get a Gamecube and it meant I got a very nice black one with a Samus faceplate)
I'm not even considering SMTV at launch. Way too many JRPG games in the backlog for me to justify a day 1 purchase.
SMT is something I've been waiting for for too long to pass on day 1, but I also don't trust Atlus to run out of it and never reprint it here. I know things aren't as bad these days, but a few years ago if you didn't pre-order their 3DS stuff in advance it'd be sold out with a week to go before release. Still, just getting a physical release from them that isn't a year after everyone else means they're truly spoiling us.

Anyone hyped for Disco Elysium this Tuesday?
Got tired of waiting for the Switch release so bought it on PS4 in August, it was discounted, 15€.
It's awesome. Will double dip on Switch when it'll release physically if it's a good port.

Anyone hyped for Disco Elysium this Tuesday?
Wish I could pick It up as I really want to play it, but I can't buy more games at the moment so it will have to wait until next year for me. Hoping for a great experience right out of the gate for everyone getting it day one.

That would be a very, very short list in my case. Like, less than 10 games long, probably.

That one consists of 5 games right now: Triangle Strategy, Disco Elysium, Star Wars KOTOR, Eastward and Shin Megami Tensei V. But it has been longer in the past.

The other one is nearly 90 games lol.

I just read the original Caligula Effect’s “premise” on Wikipedia, and it sounds like something I would enjoy immensely. Shame the game itself was mediocre (apparently). I hope CE2 is better.
there's also Monark, which has a similar vibe (and selling point)

This is what legends look like

FBa_qkJVEAQeyDF

Don't pirate Metroid Dread folks.

Do it the old fashion way, put some pantyhose on your head, and rob your local Gamestop. Grab some Funkos while you're at it.

When do you expect Nintendo give us the Expansion Pack's price? I hope soon, and not more than $10 extra...
I'm gonna guess next week, but nobody is really sure. I want to believe it's only $10.

Don't pirate Metroid Dread folks.

Do it the old fashion way, put some pantyhose on your head, and rob your local Gamestop. Grab some Funkos while you're at it.
I'm not sure how much funkos are worth on eBay there, but this plan just seems like a smart investment

Is it possible that only the physical versions are full-price? That has happened before I think.

Hi hi hi, been away for a bit. New puppy is kicking my ass.

Just wanted to pop in and say holy shit Metroid Dread is incredible. Completely blew away all expectations, and I'm like borderline religious about Super Metroid... So it's a big deal for me to feel this way about a new Metroid.

Could not be happier, glad it's selling well. Hopefully we get more of this. Could you imagine an era of sick-ass 2D Metroids?

Last edited:
I'm now almost half way through fire emblem three houses and i must admit it was worth pushing through. I really feel the first 10 hours of the game were way to slow. That's why I stopped it twice it felt like nothing happens.

But now the story is really rolling and while I feel like that the game on hard is still way to easy it's a lot of fun.

In Dread I have now 3 hours and really enjoy my time too.

OK, so I am well and truly stuck in Dread!! Its all been plain sailing up until this point, bar a few tricky boss battles, and the map progression has been largely simple/ minimal working out.

Until now...!!

OK so I'm locked between Ferenia and Ghavoran.

The area of Ghavoran the shuttle takes me to has no route due to a new block type I cannot get past (Blue lightning bolt).

So there must be somewhere in Ferenia, but I can't find anywhere! I've defeated the two soldiers and the flying beetle. I've acquired the Space Jump.

I do not have a suit that can go in the cold areas... (please don't let it be this...!!)

The EMMI is still keeping me company in this area.

Any clues?

I'm now almost half way through fire emblem three houses and i must admit it was worth pushing through. I really feel the first 10 hours of the game were way to slow. That's why I stopped it twice it felt like nothing happens.

But now the story is really rolling and while I feel like that the game on hard is still way to easy it's a lot of fun.

In Dread I have now 3 hours and really enjoy my time too.

Three Houses is definitely a slow start but pays off big time in the second half. Glad you stuck with it!

OK, so I am well and truly stuck in Dread!! Its all been plain sailing up until this point, bar a few tricky boss battles, and the map progression has been largely simple/ minimal working out.

Until now...!!

The area of Ghavoran the shuttle takes me to has no route due to a new block type I cannot get past (Blue lightning bolt).

So there must be somewhere in Ferenia, but I can't find anywhere! I've defeated the two soldiers and the flying beetle. I've acquired the Space Jump.

I do not have a suit that can go in the cold areas... (please don't let it be this...!!)

Any clues?

Now that you have spacejump go to Burenia and explore where you couldn't before.

Feel bad for Monark releasing this year considering SMT V is releasing in November.

Funny enough the premise for Monark sounds really interesting.

I can't get out of where I am now. Its like I'm locked in a loop with no escape!
Hmm.. I just did this like two nights ago and can't remember all the details. The path forward is in Ghavoran... should be a teleporter to get you to Burenia and that'll let you progress. You have to have spacejump in Ghavoran to get to the location of the teleporter. I just checked my map and it's the Green teleporter you're looking for.

Hmm.. I just did this like two nights ago and can't remember all the details. The path forward is in Ghavoran... should be a teleporter to get you to Burenia and that'll let you progress. You have to have spacejump in Ghavoran to get to the location of the teleporter. I just checked my map and it's the Green teleporter you're looking for.
Nice one - yep, found it. Amazing how easy it is to get stumped if you miss the correct way forward the first time round!

Until now...!!

Any clues?
1st hint
water

2nd hint but click only if hint 1 didn’t help
SJ is now useful in the same areas you got Spin Boost

Edit: too slow!

Nice one - yep, found it. Amazing how easy it is to get stumped if you miss the correct way forward the first time round!
Lol the place I got stuck in for the longest was in Artaria like in the first hour of the game

It's when you're supposed to go to Cataris for the first time and you get locked in on either side by a morphball hole, and to get to Cataris you have to shoot the ceiling to reveal the path. Never occurred to me to shoot the ceiling lol. I was stuck there for like half an hour thinking I'd softlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom