• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early thought about this site's GOTY vote I don't know where else to put down before I forget it:

Because Switch titles will enjoy an overwhelming advantage, it'd be nice to give a special, seperate shout-out to the top-placed game only playable on non-Nintendo platforms.

Call the category "Best Extended Fami Game".

Don’t worry about my palate! It’s fine! Spending my early teenage years chugging hot sauce directly from the bottle didn’t cause any irreparable harm!

My joke was mostly about you calling it S&P, the same acronym the “we send you meals in a box that you make yourself“ service my girlfriend and I subscribe to call Salt and Pepper.

anyone who's good at manipulating others, how should i word the options to the question to get the result we want?

Q: going forwards, do you want these threads to be monthly?

"Going forward, will you still participate in these monthly threads?"

anyone who's good at manipulating others, how should i word the options to the question to get the result we want?

The fair way to ask:

What is your preference for Nintendo General Discussion STs?

1) 400 Page Threads
2) 200 Page Threads
3) A new thread every month

The way to ask to get the answer you want:

Do you like the idea of well-organized Monthly STs?

1) Yes, I like the idea of STs being divided by month for easy navigation.
2) No, I prefer big, messy, hard to navigate threads.

Cool Legitimate Nintendo History Factoid:

'Sin and Punishment' was originally called 'Shit and Posting' but was renamed because Hiroshi Yamauchi, who could see six possible futures at any time, realised that shitposting would become a forum ritual.

Where do I go to “apply” for the animal crossing one? You KNOW I got the spooky vibes going on

Post your screenshot in that thread and ask for the Animal Crossing badge !
It's difficult to overstate how hyped I am to be playing Sin & Punishment with a N64 controller for the very first time.

Imma vote for it for Fami's first GOTY award.
Yeah I also can't wait to play it with the N64 controller. It has a somehow weird control scheme that doesn't apply well to modern day controllers unless you remap some buttons. I might wait until I receive my N64 controller to really fully replay it. But yeah, hype !

"Going forwards, do you want these bigly threads to be monthly? The best threads, these are great threads. Bigly."

Apparently that shit works.

Cool Legitimate Nintendo History Factoid:

'Sin and Punishment' was originally called 'Shit and Posting' but was renamed because Hiroshi Yamauchi, who could see six possible futures at any time, realised that shitposting would become a forum ritual.

Dardan Sandiego
Dill Spowser
Nintendo DS

Sin & Punishment
Shit Posting
Game Boy Advance SP

milhouse-looking-glass.gif

Early thought about this site's GOTY vote I don't know where else to put down before I forget it:

Because Switch titles will enjoy an overwhelming advantage, it'd be nice to give a special, seperate shout-out to the top-placed game only playable on non-Nintendo platforms.

Call the category "Best Extended Fami Game".

I think it would be a good idea to have awards for best PS5, XSX/S and PC games. CC: @reconceptualize

Edit: Yes! I'm finally a Tektite

Nintendo, please ship my overpriced N64 controller already.
I rechecked my email and the wording on mine is like “it won’t ship before October 25” But it doesn’t say it WILL ship October 25… I’m willing to bet I’m gonna have a bit of a wait up here in Canada.

I rechecked my email and the wording on mine is like “it won’t ship before October 25” But it doesn’t say it WILL ship October 25… I’m willing to bet I’m gonna have a bit of a wait up here in Canada.

I just checked and my status is "Picked". Hopefully that means it is shipping today.

I unashamedly used the rewind function constantly during every game in that collection.
No shame in this at all. I don’t have time for restarting with kids and a full time job. I even play some games on easy mode if I just want to get through the story elements.

lmao
Kenji Yamamoto pitched a soundtrack that was very guitar-based – something Wen describes as "Steve Vai meets Sun Ra". Retro Studios rejected this initial pitch.
Thank god. When Yamamoto made a guitar based soundtrack it sounded like shit cough Excite Truck cough

Ok guys... Stop me from spending money. (or not).

It's 2 1/2 weeks till smt5 and gta... Right now I have a bit more time to play. I have a huge backlog but for some reason I'm interested now in buying DBZ kakarot for switch.

As kid I was a huge DBZ fan so to experience the story again would be fun. But I'm still scared that combat might be to boring and dragon ball games usually are on sale often so... I'm lost help!

It's 2 1/2 weeks till smt5 and gta... Right now I have a bit more time to play. I have a huge backlog but for some reason I'm interested now in buying DBZ kakarot for switch.

As kid I was a huge DBZ fan so to experience the story again would be fun. But I'm still scared that combat might be to boring and dragon ball games usually are on sale often so... I'm lost help!
Kakarot will definitely drop in price eventually.

Lol, I was totally surprised the 400 option won the poll. Didn't think that ERA/GAF-ism was gonna win out.

DBZ will be $15 in like 5 to 6 months.

Are you all excited that after all of these rumors and speculations that Metroid will finally be at the Game Awards

When Metroid Dread is nominated for best family game?

Nervous about having a CAT scan today, but hopefully things go well.

Probably, but it could end up like Fighterz when the Switch version is basically impossible to come by.
First, hope all goes well

Second, digital is a good option.

Checked my order status of the N64 and Genesis controllers and they're both picked. Now I just have to survive Monday the worst shift at my job to play the games tonight without those controllers.

Checked my order status of the N64 and Genesis controllers and they're both picked. Now I just have to survive Monday the worst shift at my job to play the games tonight without those controllers.

I hope they don't take a full week to arrive :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom