• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
damn is splatoon 3 stuck in an update loop for anyone else?

I'm watching Madoka Magica for the first time. I didn't know this was made in 2011. I thought it was from 2004 or something. It has the look and sound of an early 2000s anime. Yuki Kajiura's very .Hack//sign sounding soundtrack goes a long way in making it feel like it's from that era. This show better live up to the hype you weebs. If I'm not overwhelmed by equal amounts of cuteness and dread, I'm blaming it all on you. That includes even @Mr_No_U.

Can someone break down the Metroid prime 1 remaster rumor? I am so confused why if it does exist why it hasn't been announced yet. Do we know where this started and if there has been anything to back it up?

I'm midway through a TTYD playthrough, and I gotta say that Chapter 4 is lowkey the best chapter in the game. I know people dislike the backtracking between Twilight Town and the Creepy Steeple, but the whole chapter vibe is great, Vivian is the best party member, it has some of the game's best humor, the whole twist is super fun and creative, the way they handle the name puzzle even for repeat players is super clever, and just... it rules.

Anyone else have a nickel allergy? Belts have been giving me issues for years until I found nickel free belts. But now I'm noticing that my Fitbit watch has given me rashes where the metal clasp and where the electrical contacts are.

Doesn't hurt or itch or anything, just patches of bright red skin.

I love Dan Harmon but until I see the trailer with my own eyes and it's not some hallucinogenic fever dream I refuse to believe it exists to protect my own mental health
I have a similar outlook but it's "until I see the cast list."

I know everyone has their opinions about which seasons are good and bad but as far as I'm concerned the show went downhill with the departure of Donald Glover. If he ain't back for The Movie then I'm not sure I'll care about it.

I'm watching Madoka Magica for the first time. I didn't know this was made in 2011. I thought it was from 2004 or something. It has the look and sound of an early 2000s anime. Yuki Kajiura's very .Hack//sign sounding soundtrack goes a long way in making it feel like it's from that era. This show better live up to the hype you weebs. If I'm not overwhelmed by equal amounts of cuteness and dread, I'm blaming it all on you. That includes even @Mr_No_U.
Heck yeah! Hope you like it! Wasn’t on my first watch, but through multiple rewatches it became my all time favorite!
I'm midway through a TTYD playthrough, and I gotta say that Chapter 4 is lowkey the best chapter in the game. I know people dislike the backtracking between Twilight Town and the Creepy Steeple, but the whole chapter vibe is great, Vivian is the best party member, it has some of the game's best humor, the whole twist is super fun and creative, the way they handle the name puzzle even for repeat players is super clever, and just... it rules.
That’s my favorite chapter and party member from TTYD too!

Can someone break down the Metroid prime 1 remaster rumor? I am so confused why if it does exist why it hasn't been announced yet. Do we know where this started and if there has been anything to back it up?
The rumour broke last September when LinkedIn profiles revealed Retro Studios had finished a game; temporary contractors left after finishing a project there. Emily Rogers explained it was a standalone remaster of Metroid Prime, which was in development alongside Metroid Prime 4. The Prime 1 remaster had its origins as an initial plan, in circa 2018, to remaster the entire trilogy. When Retro Studios were assigned Prime 4, the trilogy remaster was downscaled to just Metroid Prime 1.

A game finishing and not having a release date or even reveal shouldn't surprise us with Nintendo. Details about Fire Emblem Engage leaked on this forum in January/February and again in June, before the leaked screens appeared; but the game didn't get announced until this month and it will release a full 12 months after the first leaked information. Equally, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 details were leaked by Imran Khan last summer, months before reveal, a year before release, and were completely on the ball.

As it stands, it seems unlikely the Prime 1 remaster is launching this year. There could be any number of reasons for that, likely revolving around the launch timing for other games, as well as perhaps Nintendo's plans for Metroid in the next few years. Given the sources reporting the rumour (especially Emily and Nate), and given that Retro Studios finished a game last September, I don't doubt that it's real. A game being leaked, or even finished or 'content complete' (as opposed to fully polished and ready) doesn't mean the game will be released soon when Nintendo are involved.

Perhaps it's a reaction to the Wii U era droughts; having finished games to one side makes it easier to adjust their release schedule when problems hit development.

I'm watching Madoka Magica for the first time.
Yesss fall deeper into weebdom

I’ll even draw up a perfectly fair contract for you
Anyone else have a nickel allergy? Belts have been giving me issues for years until I found nickel free belts. But now I'm noticing that my Fitbit watch has given me rashes where the metal clasp and where the electrical contacts are.

Doesn't hurt or itch or anything, just patches of bright red skin.
I think Fitbit watches have trace amounts of nickel, shouldn’t be causing reactions though

The more I see about Overwatch 2 the more it worries me. It's a week to go and the mood in the fanbase is not positive πŸ™ƒ

Last edited:
It's time for one last set of questions. For Team Squid!!

Question 1: What previously unlocalized game or games do you want to see brought to Switch with a definitive release? Alternately, what classic game (more than ten years old) would you like brought back on Switch with a definitive release? Feel free to answer both questions and share any QOL additions/improvements you’d like to see!

I'll combine the two prompts for my answer - while extremely unlikely, it'd be amazing to see some of the Satellaview games come to Switch. I think the most obvious release would be the BS Zelda games, the remake of Zelda 1 and Ancient Stone Tablets.

Secret bonus question: what lesser known Switch games do you highly recommend?

Buy the Toree games! They're fast-paced PS1 style 3D platformers. Short, simple, and sweet, with a light dash of horror. Perfect for those looking for a brief but fun experience or who want a new game to speed run. Extremely worth the dollar Toree 3D and 2 each go for.

Question 2: Share your favorite memories from the first year of Famiboards and share your personal hopes, dreams, and goals for Year 2. These answers can speak to your time here on Fami, your life in general, or a mix of both!

Ooh, this one's a tough one because Famiboard has become a regular part of my life. I've lurked boards for years, from the Neoboards as a kid to places like Sonic Retro. Starting in 2016 I was lurking on NeoGAF following Switch rumors, and then I jumped ship to lurking on ResetEra. I finally joined the community in the switch to Fami and I never looked back - I check the forum every day, reading it on breaks and joining in when I can. That alone may be the single most memorable aspect of the website. But there's still some highlights - the first few days of joining and getting more comfortable with the community, replaying Castlevania 1 and Mario Sunshine and Kirby for the events (still rocking those sweet badges), the madness of waiting for the Mario Kart DLC to just come out already it already leaked just GIVE IT TO ME, the WarioBoards April Fool's Day gag, so many good ones.

As for year 2? I hope to keep maintaining the Mario Kart DLC ST (gotta come up with more things to hide in those banners) and I'll make a few more here and there. If there's a mainline Super Mario game next year I'm gonna go all out for that one. Otherwise, I wanna keep being social, keep having a fun time as we see the community grow, and ultimately get to know you all better. Make some pals and have a good time, ya know?

It's time for one last set of questions. For Team Squid!!

Question 1: What previously unlocalized game or games do you want to see brought to Switch with a definitive release? Alternately, what classic game (more than ten years old) would you like brought back on Switch with a definitive release? Feel free to answer both questions and share any QOL additions/improvements you’d like to see!

I'll combine the two prompts for my answer - while extremely unlikely, it'd be amazing to see some of the Satellaview games come to Switch. I think the most obvious release would be the BS Zelda games, the remake of Zelda 1 and Ancient Stone Tablets.

Secret bonus question: what lesser known Switch games do you highly recommend?

Buy the Toree games! They're fast-paced PS1 style 3D platformers. Short, simple, and sweet, with a light dash of horror. Perfect for those looking for a brief but fun experience or who want a new game to speed run. Extremely worth the dollar Toree 3D and 2 each go for.

Question 2: Share your favorite memories from the first year of Famiboards and share your personal hopes, dreams, and goals for Year 2. These answers can speak to your time here on Fami, your life in general, or a mix of both!

Ooh, this one's a tough one because Famiboard has become a regular part of my life. I've lurked boards for years, from the Neoboards as a kid to places like Sonic Retro. Starting in 2016 I was lurking on NeoGAF following Switch rumors, and then I jumped ship to lurking on ResetEra. I finally joined the community in the switch to Fami and I never looked back - I check the forum every day, reading it on breaks and joining in when I can. That alone may be the single most memorable aspect of the website. But there's still some highlights - the first few days of joining and getting more comfortable with the community, replaying Castlevania 1 and Mario Sunshine and Kirby for the events (still rocking those sweet badges), the madness of waiting for the Mario Kart DLC to just come out already it already leaked just GIVE IT TO ME, the WarioBoards April Fool's Day gag, so many good ones.

As for year 2? I hope to keep maintaining the Mario Kart DLC ST (gotta come up with more things to hide in those banners) and I'll make a few more here and there. If there's a mainline Super Mario game next year I'm gonna go all out for that one. Otherwise, I wanna keep being social, keep having a fun time as we see the community grow, and ultimately get to know you all better. Make some pals and have a good time, ya know?
Great post! We actually got a Satellaview game earlier this year with Radical Dreamers so I’d love to see more! The Zeldas would be great and I’d like to see the third Famicom Detective Club game as well. I’ll have to check out Toree!

Also the Mario Kart thread is a lot of fun. I don’t follow too many threads, but hanging out there and getting excited about Mario Kart together is a lot of fun! Once November hits, I’m sure we are all going to get hungry wondering when Wave 3 will drop lol. Another thing I’ll never forget I had just hit the follow button and like a day or two later that thread was how I found out Zelda got delayed since I always check my notifications first lol. Really hoping we’ll get a new Mario platformer in 2023, it feels so right!

Hmmmm

Chicken
zfqKR53i4t7LI0JTlQDZeAa5GsgQEx5PcrkzCyohGRw.jpg

We are in the last day of ST 12. I don’t know when @hologram plans to post the next thread exactly, but in case it happens in the next eight hours while I’m asleep I just want to say it was awesome getting to host the September thread! It was a great month with Splatoon, Trails From Zero, and the Nintendo Direct, and I was very happy seeing and participating in all of the fun conversations this month. I hope to host another ST in the future! Again if I miss out on the transition, see you all in the first ST of Fami Year 2 :)

We are in the last day of ST 12. I don’t know when @hologram plans to post the next thread exactly, but in case it happens in the next eight hours while I’m asleep I just want to say it was awesome getting to host the September thread! It was a great month with Splatoon, Trails From Zero, and the Nintendo Direct, and I was very happy seeing and participating in all of the fun conversations this month. I hope to host another ST in the future! Again if I miss out on the transition, see you all in the first ST of Fami Year 2 :)
Thanks for your work! I loved the weekly questions and reading everyone's answers.

I posted a big sappy message in the anniversary thread but figured I should share a shred of that here too!

y’all are a joy and have literally changed my life, and I appreciate you so much

from the bottom of my heart..,

bkmqMCo.png

Thanks for the wonderful thread xghost! Not totally sure when I'm posting my thread - it will either be around 6pm (8 and a half hours from now) or closer to midnight.

Ok, this morning, clean, pack a little, do a little paper. This afternoon: split for the family place for the weekend(even if I’m likely coming down early on Monday now instead of taking my time. I have an online and in person interview). Rare time I’m probably taking my painting stuff up with me.
I need to get back to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom