• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
bkmqMCo.png
This has big post-credits "Thank You For Playing" vibes ❤️

We are in the last day of ST 12. I don’t know when @hologram plans to post the next thread exactly, but in case it happens in the next eight hours while I’m asleep I just want to say it was awesome getting to host the September thread! It was a great month with Splatoon, Trails From Zero, and the Nintendo Direct, and I was very happy seeing and participating in all of the fun conversations this month. I hope to host another ST in the future! Again if I miss out on the transition, see you all in the first ST of Fami Year 2 :)
Things got hectic for me this month so I wasn't able to participate in your community questions beyond the first week, but you did a great job with this thread.

Chicken is good and well, but remember to treat yourself and your loved ones to some high quality wall meat on sun- and holidays!

castlevania_wall_meat.png
I absolutely love the term someone coined on one of Jeremy Parish's morning streams: brickset or bricket (I can't remember)

fam I hate to publicly admit I’ve been playing a video game but

I’ve been kinda looking forward to Railgrade, a train game published by Epic Games that was shown in a Nintendo Direct a while back. Well, it came out yesterday and I’m pleased to report

it absolutely rules

It’s less a “train game” and more a “supply chain efficiency game.” It’s level based. You enter a region, and are given a task, like “Get your production efficiency to where you’re manufacturing X number of steel units a minute.” Then you gotta make trains and industrial buildings and whatnot to get your efficiency to that point. The game does an excellent job of presenting to the player exactly where your inefficiencies are, so you as the player are never left staring at your train track spaghetti wondering exactly where you could be improving.

Simply put: last night, I started playing around 9 and then didn’t know what time it was until my girlfriend told me it was 1 AM. This morning I played a bit after breakfast before starting work, and then was half an hour late to work because oops.

Railgrade is awesome. If you love making systems efficient, this game will absolutely be up your alley. I can’t wait to get back to it after work.

Procrastinating lol

Question 1: What previously unlocalized game or games do you want to see brought to Switch with a definitive release?
Although it was technically localized (but only for the PAL region), I think Terranigma deserves its chance to shine. The Switch is a JRPG powerhouse, so I think it would really find an audience here.

Alternately, what classic game (more than ten years old) would you like brought back on Switch with a definitive release?
Skies of Arcadia. Seriously Sega, what's the damn holdup?

Secret bonus question: what lesser known Switch games do you highly recommend?
Alwa's Awakening and Alwa's Legacy. The first is a neat bite-sized 8-bit style Metroidvania, the second is a fantastic 16-bit style Metroidvania. I was really, really impressed by them, Legacy especially feeling like something that properly could've released in the heydey of the SNES.

Question 2: Share your favorite memories from the first year of Famiboards and share your personal hopes, dreams, and goals for Year 2. These answers can speak to your time here on Fami, your life in general, or a mix of both!
Actually, one of my favorite memories was coming in and seeing all the people/avatars I recognized from lurking Era and going "Oh wait, this person's here! Now this person's here! OMG now this person's here!!" like super rapid-fire. Several of them were already here when I joined but since I got in so early (Oct1 baybeee) I actually got to watch as many of the Era OGs came over. It was like if all the Smash character reveal trailers landed within a week.

Also @bellydrum unloading all the FamiGold was actually a hell of a morning. 🤣

Oh and pretty much every time Nintendo tweeted a Direct announcement and I got to wake up to the forum in explosion mode.

And as far as personal hopes, dreams, and goals for year 2? That this place stays Fami ❤️

I started yesterday SAO Alicization Lycoris and see, this is the type of accesibility we need more:

"Are you weeb enough that you know everything and want to skip to the original content?"
vgn01Ld.jpg

I preordered my first bike. Of course the chip shortages affected supply and I'm in a waiting list for my delivery. While I was waiting they actually announced a new colour scheme and I'm tempted to switch my reservation to the new color.

iu
vs
iu

All I can see is

iu

EDIT: I called them and I switched my reservation. Another few months of waiting now.

I’ve been kinda looking forward to Railgrade, a train game published by Epic Games that was shown in a Nintendo Direct a while back. Well, it came out yesterday and I’m pleased to report

it absolutely rules

It’s less a “train game” and more a “supply chain efficiency game.” It’s level based. You enter a region, and are given a task, like “Get your production efficiency to where you’re manufacturing X number of steel units a minute.” Then you gotta make trains and industrial buildings and whatnot to get your efficiency to that point. The game does an excellent job of presenting to the player exactly where your inefficiencies are, so you as the player are never left staring at your train track spaghetti wondering exactly where you could be improving.

Simply put: last night, I started playing around 9 and then didn’t know what time it was until my girlfriend told me it was 1 AM. This morning I played a bit after breakfast before starting work, and then was half an hour late to work because oops.

Railgrade is awesome. If you love making systems efficient, this game will absolutely be up your alley. I can’t wait to get back to it after work.
Railgrade sounds great but I'm replying to this specifically to approve of you being half an hour late for work, that's my usual arrival time lol

it absolutely rules

I think I’m discovering that management games make me lose my mind

if I can’t collect, attack, or explore with agency… I get a lil feral

guess I’m a hunter-gather-gamer

Got all ready for work, drove to the first bridge, saw how high the water already was, called my boss, then turned around and went back home.

Spent two days trying to get a specific mod related thing to work on steam deck. Ended up giving up. Decided to spend today just relaxing and chilling playing a little bit of dragon age and maybe some fallout on my steam deck while it rain

It’s VERY tempting to just start saying “just get it on Switch” to people upset that Chaos;Head NoAH is skipping Steam

His attack should be skipping stones if we are basing this off the song.
The relationship to the song is purely coincidental I'm sad to admit.

Literally I just wanted a croc man and tried to find a good accessory to give him to make a neat pun, found a guitar axe and called him croc star. Simple.

Every now and then I remember Advance Wars was supposed to be a thing, and a single tear rolls down my cheek.

I was very happy seeing and participating in all of the fun conversations this month. I hope to host another ST in the future!
Great work with the ST! Onwards to October!

Now this is just freaking adorable.

I’ve been kinda looking forward to Railgrade, a train game
On one hand I would love to Factorio til 3 am

On the other hand what I really need to optimize is my real life and job and studies

Shit

wth is in that game
Lots and lots of gore. I think it’s more of Steam being inconsistent though, I mean, they’re fine with Mortal Kombat being on their platform

Oh great, a tournament arc! Famiboards really is anime
I better get a powerup and a second form

This game is being released physically on Switch and it's rated PEGI 16.

Its a weird situation with this game, AI from the same publisher is Pegi 16 and its on steam. I may tried it cause I want to read Anynomous Code and its part of the universe.

It’s VERY tempting to just start saying “just get it on Switch” to people upset that Chaos;Head NoAH is skipping Steam

I'd instinctively want to say it. But on the flip side I also instinctively want to say "just get the PC version" whenever someone is frustrated that something is skipping Switch lol, since my instinct is to just assume everyone on an enthusiast themed forum owns multiple platforms which I've recently realized isn't the case even a lot of the time, so I don't do it.

Last edited:
I'd instinctively want to say it. But on the flip side I also instinctively want to say "just get the PC version" whenever someone is frustrated that something is skipping Switch lol, since my instinct is to just assume everyone on an enthusiast themed forum owns multiple platforms which I've recently realized isn't the case even a lot of the time, so I don't do it.
It’s more of a reaction to those kinds of things I’m having. Basically people saying “not everything needs to be on Switch” has me wanting to say “not everything needs to be on PC.”

Damn.

NotDeadSpace has Dead Space all written over it.

The timing of this release with Dead Space Remake coming in January is absolutely a disaster.

And they are apparently crunching like crazy for months to not delay it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom