• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars

the game needs to release while the voucher is valid. it has to come out before mid-may or you'll have burnt your voucher for nothing.
...Huh, never knew that detail. Was this the case in NA when vouchers were in their first run before disappearing? Could've sworn pre-orders of any kind were fair game.
There were no rumors of Honne leaving MonolithSoft if that's what you're implying. It's cool to know Koh Kojima also supervised the remaster, since he was an event planner on the games and lead writer of Origins. Since he's a producer now after his work on the Xenoblade games it makes sense that he'd be one of the supervisors.
Yeah, that's what I was implying. :p He left Monolith Kyoto IIRC and it wasn't official if he had gone back to their Tokyo HQ or not. He was one of the OG founders so I would've hoped he wasn't going anywhere. Thankfully he seems to indeed still be there... doing WHAT is the great mystery!

...Huh, never knew that detail. Was this the case in NA when vouchers were in their first run before disappearing? Could've sworn pre-orders of any kind were fair game.
all I know without googling what it says on NOA's pages is that they always worked like this in EU. that's why I was hoping ACNH wouldn't get any delays when I used my first one for Mario Maker 2 in 2019 and that still had a rough early 2020 date.

Miitopia director Yuichiro Ito worked on Side Order. I didn’t expect a sequel anytime soon, but yeah.

The second time a planning lead from another production group was brought onto Splatoon 3 (Kenta Usui for both the base game and Side Order).

Takeo Tanaka and Masayuki Fukuoka (Nintendo Systems)

This presentation will provide an overview of the data analysis infrastructure, system architecture, system administration, and usage at Nintendo.

Takeo Tanaka and Masayuki Fukuoka (Nintendo Systems)

This presentation will provide an overview of the data analysis infrastructure, system architecture, system administration, and usage at Nintendo.

is this a different talk than the one we had here a few weeks ago? this is from the end of January so the timeframe might overlap but I can't find the post anymore

is this a different talk than the one we had here a few weeks ago? this is from the end of January so the timeframe might overlap but I can't find the post anymore
Shinya Ogura (Nintedo Systems) - Modernization of Nintendo eShop: Microservice and platform engineering.

I'm not sure if this has been shared already but I thought it was interesting presentation regarding the Nintendo eShop. Also, I hope this post is considered somewhat relevant to the discussion of Nintendo's future platform.

Yeah, it's different the one I posted about a while ago was about the eShop. Then MondoMega shared a video regarding Nintendo Accounts. This video is about Nintendo's data analytics platform.

Mar10 Day 2024
@astrogamer can you threadmark these please? and/or compile them in one post?

NSO Dr. Mario, Mario Tennis (GBC), Mario Golf (GBC) coming March 12
PM TTYD dated for May 23
Luigi Mansion 2 dated for June 27
SMB Movie sequel April 3, 2026 (US, some territories release throughout April)

Last edited:
Feel pretty confident that Intelligent Systems is doing the Paper Mario TTYD remake, though Luigi's Mansion 2 could be another studio instead of NLG. I don't know why but considering it's more of a remaster than a complete visual overhaul makes me think some other dev is handling it. I could be very wrong though lol

Feel pretty confident that Intelligent Systems is doing the Paper Mario TTYD remake, though Luigi's Mansion 2 could be another studio instead of NLG. I don't know why but considering it's more of a remaster than a complete visual overhaul makes me think some other dev is handling it. I could be very wrong though lol
TTYD is already confirmed to be IS.

p4a4QRe.jpg

While I see what it says, I can't help but notice it being after the OG 2004 copyright. Can we discount the possibility that this just says the original game is by them specifically?
Nintendo wholly owned the copyright for Paper Mario up to the original release of TTYD. Then IS started being credited, mainly for the game code.

Nintendo-related Tech Talks and Articles
Nintendo-related Tech Talks
Nintendo Systems

Speakers: Taiji Iwai (AWS), Shinya Ogura

Speakers: Takeo Tanaka. Masayuki Fukuoka

Speaker: Masayuki Kawamoto

Speakers: Yoshifumi Masaki, Mariko Tachibana, Yosuke Fujino

GDC
The Inspiration Behind Nintendo DSi Development - Nintendo Hardware Prototypes (2009)
Breaking Conventions with Breath of the Wild (2017)

ARMS: Building Mario Kart 8 Insights into a Showcase Nintendo Switch Fighter

Splatoon and Splatoon 2: How to Invent a Stylish Franchise with Global Appeal (2018)

A Recipe for Mixed Reality in 'Mario Kart Live' (Velan Studios) (2021)

Many Dimensions of Kirby (Forgotten Land) (2023)

CGWorld articles
CEDEC

Last edited:
Botw and Smash Ultimate also had CEDEC talks back in the day.

Nintendo Systems

Speakers: Taiji Iwai (AWS), Shinya Ogura

Speakers: Takeo Tanaka. Masayuki Fukuoka

Speaker: Masayuki Kawamoto

GDC
The Inspiration Behind Nintendo DSi Development - Nintendo Hardware Prototypes (2009)
Breaking Conventions with Breath of the Wild (2017)

ARMS: Building Mario Kart 8 Insights into a Showcase Nintendo Switch Fighter

Splatoon and Splatoon 2: How to Invent a Stylish Franchise with Global Appeal (2018)

A Recipe for Mixed Reality in 'Mario Kart Live' (Velan Studios) (2021)

Many Dimensions of Kirby (Forgotten Land) (2023)

CGWorld articles
CEDEC

Don't suppose you can track down that Bezel Engine presentation from one CEDEC can you please? Great round up nonetheless, thanks! :D

Over the last 25 years, Camelot has released 20 games.

3 were Golden Sun
17 were Golf or Tennis

For whatever reason, I thought they made Mario Baseball but that was Namco.

So anyway, I expect Mario Tennis to be a 2025 launch window title for the Switch 2.

3 were Golden Sun
17 were Golf or Tennis

So anyway, I expect Mario Tennis to be a 2025 launch window title for the Switch 2.
Superstars was a collab with Namco since it included baseball. Betting on a new Mario Tennis is the correct answer, but I believe they are doing something else before returning to the Sports mine. What that is, idk 😅

3 were Golden Sun
17 were Golf or Tennis

Camelot needs a break from the sports games. One could argue the quality has been slipping with each new entry.

Camelot is probably working on a new Mario Tennis, but the fact that they updated their website back in 2022 to have Golden Sun artwork and RPG menus front-and-center, with no art touching upon their work on Mario Golf and Tennis, makes me think something related to that series as their next release could be likely.

Don't suppose you can track down that Bezel Engine presentation from one CEDEC can you please? Great round up nonetheless, thanks! :D
I think that was a slightly different conference, the Game Creator Conference, which had CEDEC presence but, I don't think they had the same permissions as the regular CEDEC. Went through Famitsu and 4gamer CEDEC archives and couldn't find any from that event

Camelot is probably working on a new Mario Tennis, but the fact that they updated their website back in 2022 to have Golden Sun artwork and RPG menus front-and-center, with no art touching upon their work on Mario Golf and Tennis, makes me think something related to that series as their next release could be likely.
iirc Emily Rogers said something a few years ago about there being a surprising amount of interest at Nintendo in doing something with Golden Sun, with the major hold-up essentially being that Camelot is too small and the Mario Sports games are too "the much safer money-makers" to justify having Camelot devote any serious resources towards the IP

I could see them doing something like Advance Wars/Famicom Detective Club/Another Code in the near future, where Camelot has some loose supervision over an outsourced entry in the series; A double-pack remake of the GBA games would seem the preferred option based on how Nintendo's revived other series lately, though there's the obvious snag of "if they were even vaguely considering remakes, they probably would have kept those games off NSO for the time being"

I could see them doing something like Advance Wars/Famicom Detective Club/Another Code in the near future, where Camelot has some loose supervision over an outsourced entry in the series; A double-pack remake of the GBA games would seem the preferred option based on how Nintendo's revived other series lately, though there's the obvious snag of "if they were even vaguely considering remakes, they probably would have kept those games off NSO for the time being"
Yeah, if it wasn't for the fact they just put the original games on NSO, I might have gone all in on saying "They're absolutely supervising Golden Sun 1+2 remakes." But with the GBA games chilling on the service now, the choices regarding the franchise now seem to be a remake of Dark Dawn or an entirely new fourth installment, the former being more likely than the latter. It would certainly be odd to skip the first two games to remake the third, but I can see the logic behind it if they go that route, since it would still be a (probably) low-budget project that could build off the fact the other games have been on NSO for several months.

Yeah, if it wasn't for the fact they just put the original games on NSO, I might have gone all in on saying "They're absolutely supervising Golden Sun 1+2 remakes." But with the GBA games chilling on the service now, the choices regarding the franchise now seem to be a remake of Dark Dawn or an entirely new fourth installment, the former being more likely than the latter. It would certainly be odd to skip the first two games to remake the third, but I can see the logic behind it if they go that route, since it would still be a (probably) low-budget project that could build off the fact the other games have been on NSO for several months.

Doesn't Dark Dawn ends on a cliffhanger? That might be one of the reasons to remake that entry, as a sort of prequel for a hypotethical Golden Sun 4.

Did we at all discuss GCCX Arino's Challenge 1+2 after it launched? I don't seem to recall the credits ever being posted, so below are the indieszero development staff (the indieszero section was split in two; for general development, and for the newly added game exclusive to the Switch version). There weren't many indieszero staff involved in the end, as some predicted the majority of the development staff comes from Mutan (sound also outsourced to other companies), but i'm sure this'll still be of some interest:

Development

indieszero Corporation, Ltd.

Director

Masanobu Suzui

Lead Planner
Ippo Aoki
Yuichiro Takahashi

Planning Support
Kento Niwayama [庭山 健斗]
Hinata Okada [岡田 ひなた]

2D Graphic Design
Yasuhiro Nakamura
Nobuaki Tanaka

3D Graphic Design
Naoya Ohara

Special Thanks
Shinya Ebihara
Mika Okauchi
Masaki Takeda
Sora Watanabe
Mitsuru Shinohara

Honou no Kakutou Salaryman Yattaro

Director

Masanobu Suzui

Planning
Ippo Aoki
Katsunori Yazawa
Yuichiro Takahashi

Dot Graphic Design
Giichiro Matsumoto
Yoshihiro Matsuyama
Nobuaki Tanaka

Artwork
Genpei Risa [源平 梨紗]

Program
Santoku Hiramatsu [平松 三徳]

Character Illustration
Masahiro Yanaka

The names written in Japanese are the few i'm uncertain about, can't find them credited on any recent indieszero releases. At the very least I do believe Santoku Hiramatsu is a freelance programmer (based on past credits) and not a new indieszero hire in spite of being in this section; I excluded the other programmer credited under him (Masaki Toyoda) as they're already labelled as being from Mutan.

Last edited:
Did we at all discuss GCCX Arino's Challenge 1+2 after it launched? I don't seem to recall the credits ever being posted, so below are the indieszero development staff (the indieszero section was split in two; for general development, and for the newly added game exclusive to the Switch version). There weren't many indieszero staff involved in the end, as some predicted the majority of the development staff comes from Mutan (sound also outsourced to other companies), but i'm sure this'll still be of some interest:

The names written in Japanese are the few i'm uncertain about, can't find them credited on any recent indieszero releases. At the very least I do believe Santoku Hiramatsu is a freelance programmer (based on past credits) and not a new indieszero hire in spite of being in this section; I excluded the other programmer credited under him (Masaki Toyoda) as they're already labelled as being from Mutan.
For comparison, the indieszero staff that worked on Big Brain Academy, but not on Final Bar Line.

Nobuaki Tanaka
Masahito Muta
Ryuichi Raita
Hirotaka Watanabe
Katsunori Yazawa
Kaito Ohata
Masaru Arai
Yasuhiro Nakamura
Jun Maruyama
Yuuki Yamada
Shinya Ebihara
Yoshihiro Matsuyama
Yui Kamio

Last edited:
For comparison, the indieszero staff that worked on Big Brain Academy, but not on Final Bar Line.

So four from this list (Nobuaki Tanaka, Katsunori Yazawa, Yasuhiro Nakamura and Yoshihiro Matsuyama) worked on 1+2 Replay, and Shinya Ebihara has a special thanks (relevant to mention they worked on the original DS game). Given the staff still unaccounted for between both this and Theatrhythm (not to mention the possibility for overlap regardless, some staff here worked on Theaterhythm too), I think at this point it's probably safe to say they've had another game in development.

Only by a bit, but the games are still lacking compared to the GameCube/GBA games. I'm not a player of those games, but I have seen complaints of the Switch games not having enough content.
those are always the complaints at launch because they're always built around the on-going free post-launch update model. otherwise it's a lot of the TTYD-style complaining that the games aren't exactly like the GCN/GBA-era entries anymore (= RPG campaigns).

Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Ace Combat

ILCA/ORCA making moves.

Seriously though, I'm not sure if they have anything to do with this.

Last edited:
Might be something like Bandai Namco Aces, given ILCA's involvement with SV. Curious to see how much staff overlap Sand Land will have with Pokémon.

So four from this list (Nobuaki Tanaka, Katsunori Yazawa, Yasuhiro Nakamura and Yoshihiro Matsuyama) worked on 1+2 Replay, and Shinya Ebihara has a special thanks (relevant to mention they worked on the original DS game). Given the staff still unaccounted for between both this and Theatrhythm (not to mention the possibility for overlap regardless, some staff here worked on Theaterhythm too), I think at this point it's probably safe to say they've had another game in development.
Rhythm heaven (copium)

Also ILCA does more than games. They were involved as a support (computer graphic) and CGI for Love Live, Gundam, among other series.
The lore runs pretty deep. The president of ILCA (and former Namco planner) Takuya Iwasaki runs a lot of companies that share office space. He is the president of every company (except MONACA where he is a director).

ORCA, Bandai Namco Aces, and MONACA (ACG/idol music production) share the same HQ as ILCA. He is also the president of Dearstage and Perfect Music. They are J-pop idol agencies that share the same office as ILCA's Higashi-Shinjuku studio (only 1km away from HQ).

Edit: Out of every video game series, it seems like Yoko Taro's Drakengard/NieR is the only series where Takuya Iwasaki is involved in every title. According to salromano on ResetEra, Yoko Taro's company BUKKORO also shares the same office as ILCA.

Last edited:
Probably already pointed out but I realized we had Mario Tennis / Super Mario Party in 2018, and Mario Golf / Mario Party Super Stars in 2021. So the chance of a new Mario Party and a new Mario sports are very high for this year. Unless they keep either or both for Nintendo Attach.

Probably already pointed out but I realized we had Mario Tennis / Super Mario Party in 2018, and Mario Golf / Mario Party Super Stars in 2021. So the chance of a new Mario Party and a new Mario sports are very high for this year. Unless they keep either or both for Nintendo Attach.
I'd rather Camelot work on something else, as they just as easily add content to the games that are already on switch or NERD can port the GameCube games to Switch. I'd prefer more Golden Sun from Camelot as the Switch is the kind of device they wanted to make Golden Sun for.

I wouldn't give the website much mind considering that one of the Takahashi brothers - I believe it was Hiroyuki - stated on the website that Camelot's interest moving forward was in using their UX experience to invest more in the mobile sphere (alongside traditional console games) and investing more in younger talent. It's conceivable that a Golden Sun reboot/remake would be a good place for senior staff from Camelot's RPG days to train new staff in the company's ways (and draw in new fans after drumming up interest with the NSO releases), but that strikes me as a heavier investment that, even if it were happening, wouldn't come out for at least a few more years. This is a bit of a tangent, but they also removed one of the new staff members they posted talking about how Camelot was a great place to work, so who knows how well their new talent training is going.

The lore runs pretty deep. The president of ILCA (and former Namco planner) Takuya Iwasaki runs a lot of companies that share office space. He is the president of every company (except MONACA where he is a director).

ORCA, Bandai Namco Aces, and MONACA (ACG/idol music production) share the same HQ as ILCA. He is also the president of Dearstage and Perfect Music. They are J-pop idol agencies that share the same office as ILCA's Higashi-Shinjuku studio (only 1km away from HQ).

Edit: Out of every video game series, it seems like Yoko Taro's Drakengard/NieR is the only series where Takuya Iwasaki is involved in every title. According to salromano on ResetEra, Yoko Taro's company BUKKORO also shares the same office as ILCA.
folks really dont get that you dont necessarily need to own the company if you share a building with them lol

Back
Top Bottom