• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars

Can anyone bring up the datamine info from the recently released Princess Peach Showtime demo? I hope it is good feel this time.

Princess Peach Showtime is in fact developed by Good-Feel; I don't have the credits (yet, if they were even left behind in the demo files) but the internal name is PJ037 which is Good-Feel's internal naming scheme (Crafted World was PJ033, etc).
Honestly thought it would be Next Level because of the artstyle similarities to Luigi’s Mansion 3, but Good-Feel makes sense given the gameplay. Also reinforces a lot of my expectations regarding the game based on what we’ve seen.

A little bummed we’ll have to wait longer for the next Yoshi game because of this lol. And I guess Luigi’s Mansion 4 could be a launch year title for Switch 2.

Princess Peach Showtime is in fact developed by Good-Feel; I don't have the credits (yet, if they were even left behind in the demo files) but the internal name is PJ037 which is Good-Feel's internal naming scheme (Crafted World was PJ033, etc).
Wow, another thing Zippo lied about. Consider me shocked!

Are there still any EPDK doubters among us?

Explains why no surround sound support just stereo sound

A little bummed we’ll have to wait longer for the next Yoshi game because of this lol
I wonder if this ups the chances of a Wooly World port at all. Always seemed conspicuous that one never happened (I know it came to 3DS, but a Switch version seems like a no-brainer; not like they didn't bring Captain Toad to both 3DS and Switch)

Do we have the complete PJ0XX list?
Very incomplete list:
  • PJ008 - Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • PJ013 - Looksley's Line Up
  • PJ023 - Yoshi's Woolly World (and Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World)
  • PJ033 - Yoshi's Crafted World
  • PJ037 - Princess Peach: Showtime!
  • PJ040 - Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn
  • PJ042 - Monkey Barrels
  • PJ049 - Otogi Katsugeki Mameda no Bakeru

Congratulations to everyone here who predicted Good Feel from the beginning. The last images we had were so much Yoshi that there was little doubt, but congratulations to those who crossed that from the start.

This is indeed very important indirectly for the future of Donkey Kong. Except to imagine a particularly cruel and dark timeline in which in fact even the 2D recruitments in Tokyo concerned a contribution to Wonder and not Donkey Kong.

As said above, this makes the hypothesis of a crossgen port of YWW even more likely now. This would give them time to work on the next Yoshi, which I hope will be a 3D game.

I wonder if this ups the chances of a Wooly World port at all. Always seemed conspicuous that one never happened (I know it came to 3DS, but a Switch version seems like a no-brainer; not like they didn't bring Captain Toad to both 3DS and Switch)
I figure it is possible but, it is less port-friendly since it would uses their old engine rather than Unreal and Good Feel would port it themselves. Probably not that high on their priorities.

Very incomplete list:
  • PJ042 - Monkey Barrels
Thanks. I was hoping for an incremental-ish order; it's hard to find a pattern, to be honest.

It’s over we finally know who’s making the god damm Princess Peach game

Good Feel really did a fantastic job with the visuals of this game. I think it's miles ahead of Yoshi's Crafted World both in fidelity and animations.

We thinking it's been in the works since Crafted World wrapped up or a little later? Would be a pretty big dev cycle.

Woolly World is fantastic... Epic Yarn too! Crafted World is their only miss under Nintendo so far imo
I was really surprised how much better Crafted World got after the first couple worlds were surprisingly unexciting. Not sure if you stuck with the whole game but if not I think it's well worth going back to, the later levels are really creative and more like YWW. Hoping Peach will be similar.

Nintendo not revealing the obvious developer for the 9 months of pre release footage was sure an idea, lol
Nintendo dont reveal developers for thier games outside of platinum, gf, monolith and retro for like 10 years, nothing new. wish it was more clear but we always know either way via credits.

anyway happy to see good-feel back, i was fearing they stopped being a second party since yoshi was in 2019 and nothing happened since then... now I want to see grezzo back been a while since link's awakening
They did do Miitopia remaster a couple years back so they definitely haven’t been gone as Good-Feel was good chance they’re also doing the Luigi Mansion 2 remaster

anyway happy to see good-feel back, i was fearing they stopped being a second party since yoshi was in 2019 and nothing happened since then... now I want to see grezzo back been a while since link's awakening
I just hope Grezzo also gets to make new games for Nintendo instead of just remakes/remasters.

Very incomplete list:
  • PJ042 - Monkey Barrels
the numbering implies this game has been in the works for a good deal of time

I dunno if Arzest is big enough to have been working on 2 games at once
Sonic Superstars development probably started 6 months before Balan Wonderworld was released. It would not surprise me if they have already started working on a new Yoshi or DK.
Arzest DK is a joke, but I don't think the next DK will be a retro studios.

Kinda random inquiry, but how many Nintendo games use Wwise? Princess Peach Showtime uses it but I don't remember many Nintendo games that use that middleware.
Luigi's Mansion 3 and Mario Strikers: Battle League use it too, seems like Next Level Games' proprietary engine uses that middleware.

Was hoping it was NDCube but no surprise it was Good Feel, the game oozes quality.

Kinda random inquiry, but how many Nintendo games use Wwise? Princess Peach Showtime uses it but I don't remember many Nintendo games that use that middleware.
Mobygames isn’t always perfectly accurate, but according to that site
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  • Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope
  • Mario Strikers Battle League

e: Also Punch-Out Wii and Starfox Zero. So basically games from Platinum, Next Level, and Ubisoft

Wwise has a list of games that use Wwise, but idk how comprehensive it is.
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Devil's Third
  • Star Fox Zero
  • Metroid Prime: Federation Force
  • Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
  • Pokémon Quest
  • Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!
  • Astral Chain
  • Mario Kart Tour
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  • Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit
  • Pokémon Unite
  • Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
  • Pokémon Legends: Arceus
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Pikmin 4
  • Detective Pikachu Returns

They did do Miitopia remaster a couple years back so they definitely haven’t been gone as Good-Feel was good chance they’re also doing the Luigi Mansion 2 remaster
ah yes thats true lmao i forgot they were involved. I was thinking of LA in 2019, so its more recent, for sure.

Hats off to the Good-Feel believers. I really thought this was an EPD Tokyo joint, I guess hope for DK isn't dead after all...
idk how hard this is but I never believed in that because EPD hasnt worked on mario spin-offs outside of mario kart for over a decade at this point. I just assume every game spin off is second party atp, with epd unless its some crazy thing which i sassume is epd4 then i just go with what they worked before lol

BTW, I found credits for Baten Kaitos Origins HD, and Yasuyuki Honne and Koh Kojima are both credited as Supervisor under Monolith Soft specifically in the remaster section.

The remaster credits begin at 4:42:12:

And Monolith is at 4:42:44.

Tri-Crescendo with Hiroya Hatsushiba and Shigefumi Nakamura are under Special Thanks (Development) right after also.

Grezzo is pretty much the last traditional Nintendo partner left who hasn't released a Nintendo game recently. Maybe they're doing a graphically intensive OoT remake for Switch 2 or an original Zelda title or something else...

Grezzo is pretty much the last traditional Nintendo partner left who hasn't released a Nintendo game recently. Maybe they're doing a graphically intensive OoT remake for Switch 2 or an original Zelda title or something else...
kinda hope it's something like that, but also won't be surprised if it turns out Luigi's Mansion 2 HD is them

If Camelot passes for recent, then the Miitopia port (developed by Grezzo) was only one month before Mario Golf in 2021. For now the absence of Grezzo doesn't stike me as too peculiar, especially given part of their staff still put out a game just last year.

Presuming for this thought experiment that LM2HD isn't Grezzo (I do think they're the most likely choice for now, though) -
  • Jet Dragon didn't take up all of their internal staff, so even with post-launch support that wouldn't be the only project they have in the works.
  • Koichi Ishii is supervising over Vision of Mana, but there's no confirmation of Grezzo's involvement beyond that (this would be akin to their role on Alliance Alive and Arc of Alchemist).
it's fairly likely they would have some Zelda title in production, especially given Mikiharu Oiwa (director of MM3D and LA Remake) is only given a Corporate credit on Jet Dragon, along with some other notable staff from their Zelda titles receiving a similar minor credit or lack of any credit. Frankly my hope would be for a brand new 2D Zelda (as much as I love Link's Awakening it sucks that we haven't seen something new this entire generation), but I do think there is some posibility in Nintendo wanting to put out an OoT Remake on Switch 2: a notable stopgap for the series early into the Switch 2 lifespan, as the next brand new 3D Zelda is at minimum four years away; and ties into the upcoming multimedia push for Zelda as OoT and BotW appear to be the two main itterations of Hyrule they are interested to promoting (the first Zelda Lego set is both the OoT and BotW itterations of the Great Deku Tree in one, and if outdated leaks continue to reflect their current plans at least a little, Zelda at Universal Orlando may also combine elements from OoT and BotW).

Though, if Grezzo were involved they'd definitely need to rely on some heavy outsourcing outside of themselves and the standard EPD 3 oversight (Monolith Soft? surely plenty of other support studios) so the feasibility of that (especially, again, if LM2HD is their project) is in question.

Last edited:
the numbering implies this game has been in the works for a good deal of time
the only thing this numbering implies is that their numbering doesn't follow any rational logic
BTW, I found credits for Baten Kaitos Origins HD, and Yasuyuki Honne and Koh Kojima are both credited as Supervisor under Monolith Soft specifically in the remaster section.

The remaster credits begin at 4:42:12:

And Monolith is at 4:42:44.

Tri-Crescendo with Hiroya Hatsushiba and Shigefumi Nakamura are under Special Thanks (Development) right after also.

didn't we know this already?

the only thing this numbering implies is that their numbering doesn't follow any rational logic

didn't we know this already?
Only that Honne was supervising and Monolith said they themselves were on their site, but weren't some unsure if Honne himself was even still there? Also Koh Kojima supervising is new info I think.

Frankly my hope would be for a brand new 2D Zelda (as much as I love Link's Awakening it sucks that we haven't seen something new this entire generation), but I do think there is some posibility in Nintendo wanting to put out an OoT Remake on Switch 2:
I hope with all my heart a new 2D Zelda too, but honestly, if this was unfortunately not the case, I think a remake of the Oracles games is much more likely than Ocarina, at least from Grezzo.

nintendo has been put in some blast due to the peach good feel thing lol seems like people noticed that nintendo dont share who develop the games when that has been a pattern for what 8 years?

it's also not like anyone "needs to know this" until someone plays it and gets to the credits and can go "ah you made this, cool, I liked it/did not like it/was mixed on it". this not knowing only matters to us nerds who want to put the dev names into a list or those who absolutely must speculate over who may or may not be working on imaginary future games.

Last edited:
Anyone still got their Nintendo game voucher they got for Tears of the Kingdom?

Hoping Fire Emblem is announced before mid-May so I can pre order it with the voucher lol

Anyone still got their Nintendo game voucher they got for Tears of the Kingdom?

Hoping Fire Emblem is announced before mid-May so I can pre order it with the voucher lol
the game needs to release while the voucher is valid. it has to come out before mid-may or you'll have burnt your voucher for nothing.

A voucher can only be used for a pre-order if the expiry date for the voucher is after the release date for the product.

Only that Honne was supervising and Monolith said they themselves were on their site, but weren't some unsure if Honne himself was even still there? Also Koh Kojima supervising is new info I think.
There were no rumors of Honne leaving MonolithSoft if that's what you're implying. It's cool to know Koh Kojima also supervised the remaster, since he was an event planner on the games and lead writer of Origins. Since he's a producer now after his work on the Xenoblade games it makes sense that he'd be one of the supervisors.

Back
Top Bottom