• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars

T5kicMT.jpg
Let them work on a new Wave Race or 1080°

Let them work on a new Wave Race or 1080°
many insiders have said in the past that there is an internal EPD prototype for a new Wave Race, hopefully it's like Steel Diver and they make it a project when they find an available team that can develop it, like NST

It would be nice if NST could be given a chance to make something only NST can make, instead of becoming a Mario/Captain Toad factory.
This. Im happy for strikers fans but my disappointment was immensurable when strikers 3 was announced.

Acting like NST has been developing Captain Toad for many many years. Last time I checked there’s one game. Game got ported with some extra content.

Acting like NST has been developing Captain Toad for many many years. Last time I checked there’s one game. Game got ported with some extra content.

Well it started with Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS where NST and EPD Kyoto worked together for the port and the newly designed levels. Then they took that experience to working with EPD Tokyo for Captain Toad 3DS/NSW?, VR update for Odyssey, and recently their ensemble work on 3D World + Bowser's Fury.

The sub-assist developer role seems pretty much affixed as a Nintendo development structure worldwide. But that's not to say NST can't helm one Nintendo IP outside of that -- even if it's a remaster or collection.

NST seems firmly in the support studio role for EPD projects between Mario Maker, Captain Toad, and 3D World. I'd like to see them make a new game but it's just as likely they're remastering some other EPD game next or are a support dev on 3D Mario.

NST seems firmly in the support studio role for EPD projects between Mario Maker, Captain Toad, and 3D World. I'd like to see them make a new game but it's just as likely they're remastering some other EPD game next or are a support dev on 3D Mario.
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing what the folks at NST could cook up if they were able to make their own game, especially as Nintendo continues to expand its employee count

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing what the folks at NST could cook up if they were able to make their own game, especially as Nintendo continues to expand its employee count

Sure, I'd love to see NST do a new game as well. I think it's better to consider given the studio's history that Nintendo could see them merely as a support studio, so if it turns out they're porting 3D Land to Switch or something like that then I wouldn't really be shocked.

Grezzo is now recruiting Battle Planners for their new game. Looks like it's specifically to work on the bosses.

A new position of "Battle Planner" has been available since April 25.

Specifics

1) Design of bosses, including how to play with them.
Design of bosses
Design of maps and cameras for bosses, including placement of gimmicks, etc.

(2) Creation of data
Placement of bosses and gimmicks
Parameter setting for bosses and gimmicks

(3) Adjustment
Adjustment of created boss actions and gimmicks
Adjustment of difficulty level
Correction of defects

Experience and aptitude
The kind of person we are looking for
Those who have experience in creating action games.
Experience in creating battles against enemies and bosses
Those who can work in cooperation with programmers and designers.

Last edited:
NST went from making middleware (the mario vs minis games) to porting to actually getting involved in big game development again, i hope that eventually leads to them making their own games again in the next few years.

What middleware have they made?

It's still in development according to a hiring ad not too long ago
Ooops, i used middleware incorrectly lmao, i apologize. I thought middleware meant a small game. I meant that they were making those budget games.

There's no "Would you like to make a legend with us?” this time, so either they're trying to be more subtle about the nature of the project or it just isn't Zelda. Absolutely not a remake at the very least; they're calling it a "new original work" after all.

I'd look at the bosses in Ever Oasis as reference that this definitely doesn't have to be Zelda.

There's no "Would you like to make a legend with us?” this time, so either they're trying to be more subtle about the nature of the project or it just isn't Zelda. Absolutely not a remake at the very least; they're calling it a "new original work" after all.

I'd look at the bosses in Ever Oasis as reference that this definitely doesn't have to be Zelda.

Any indication if it is Nintendo published or not?

Looks liek platinum worked on it,but i need to reearch a little more to be sure
not really,most of the art was outourced by bee tribe,former platinum staff that worked on Resident Evil 2,3,Village,The Evil Within 2,Pokken,etc, Resident Evil 4 art director Yusuke Kan was the concept artist

25f98444232f035c222b6a34869c7c6d.jpg

1083f12a50a23273a8703a15a16f5c68.jpg

Last edited:
My gut feeling from the reveal was that this would have a lot of Ring Fit staff on it; the use of the leg-strap was one hint but it's just what made sense to me. So much for a 'Ring Fit 2' or whatever happening in the immediate future.

It's nice that Yamashita returned to direct though; wonder if/when we'll get the Ask the Developers article on this one.

My gut feeling from the reveal was that this would have a lot of Ring Fit staff on it; the use of the leg-strap was one hint but it's just what made sense to me. So much for a 'Ring Fit 2' or whatever happening in the immediate future.

It's nice that Yamashita returned to direct though; wonder if/when we'll get the Ask the Developers article on this one.
It looks like most of the RFA leads besides Shinji Okane are actually not credited here, even if a good chunk of the team is.

Hiroshi Matsunaga (director) might be involved, but the credits cut off before the very end.

It looks like most of the RFA leads besides Shinji Okane are actually not credited here, even if a good chunk of the team is.

Hiroshi Matsunaga (director) might be involved, but the credits cut off before the very end.

How are they not working on a DLC expansion / Standalone Expansion / Sequel though?

Nintendo Composers
Speaking of EPD composers, their last known game:

• Koji Kondo - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
  • Kenji Yamamoto - Metroid: Samus Returns (2017) (may have composed/arranged for Dread, "Music Director" is a bit too vague and no soundtrack/sound selection has been released)
  • Minako Hamano - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (2014) (may have composed/arranged for Samus Returns/Dread, "Sound Coordination" is a bit too vague and no soundtrack/sound selection has been released)
  • Kazumi Totaka - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (2020)
  • Masaru Tajima - Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain (2021)
  • Masami Yone - Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain (2021) (unknown whether he composed or was just the sound director/supervisor)
  • Kenta Nagata - Mario Kart Tour (2019)
  • Hajime Wakai - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (2023)
  • Toru Minegishi - Splatoon 3 (2022)
  • Shinobu Nagata - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (2020)
  • Mahito Yokota - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (2014) (may have moved into a management/supervisor role)
  • Asuka Hayazaki - Ring Fit Adventure (2019)
  • Toshiyuki Sudo - Splatoon 3 (2022)
  • Ryo Nagamatsu - Splatoon 3 (2022)
  • Shiho Fujii - Ring Fit Adventure (2019), Splatoon 3 (2022) (only composed one track)
  • Manaka Kataoka - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (2023)
  • Shinji Ushiroda - Ring Fit Adventure (2019)
  • Megumi Inoue - Miitopia (2016) (likely moved into a supervisor role)
  • Daisuke Matsuoka - Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (2021)
  • Atsuko Asahi - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019) (also did the two ARMS arrangements for Smash Ultimate)
  • Yasuaki Iwata - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (2020)
  • Naoto Kubo - Super Mario Odyssey (2017) (also did one arrangement for Smash Ultimate, credited in the Captain Toad 3DS/Switch ports, but I don't think those have any new music)
  • Yumi Takahashi - Splatoon 3 (2022)
  • Maasa Miyoshi - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (2023)
  • Soshi Abe - Metroid Dread (2021)
  • Sayako Doi - Splatoon 3 (2022)
  • Masato Ohashi - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (2023)
  • Haruko Torii - Nintendo Switch Sports (2022)
  • Takuhiro Honda - Nintendo Switch Sports (2022)
  • Tsukasa Usui - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (2023)

This should be mostly accurate, as Nintendo hasn't released a mobile game since 2019 and the only recent EPD 4 project that hasn't had credits is Game Builder Garage (wouldn't be surprised if Sudo worked on that, given that he was involved with Labo). We also don't know who's working on the arrangements for the MK8D Booster Course Pass, but there were no additional staff added to the first update, so some of the original composers returning is likely.

Going through this list, it feels like the newer composers are popping up a lot more frequently.

Last edited:
Speaking of EPD composers, their last known game:

• Koji Kondo - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
  • Kenji Yamamoto - Metroid: Samus Returns (2017) (may have composed/arranged for Dread, "Music Director" is a bit too vague and no soundtrack/sound selection has been released)
  • Minako Hamano - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (2014) (likely moved into a support/supervisor role)
  • Kazumi Totaka - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (2020)
  • Masaru Tajima - Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain (2021)
  • Masami Yone - Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain (2021) (unknown whether he composed or was just the sound director/supervisor)
  • Kenta Nagata - Mario Kart Tour (2019)
  • Hajime Wakai - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
  • Toru Minegishi - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
  • Shinobu Nagata - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (2020)
  • Mahito Yokota - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (2014) (may have moved into a management/supervisor role)
  • Asuka Hayazaki - Ring Fit Adventure (2019)
  • Toshiyuki Sudo - Miitopia (Switch) (2021)
  • Ryo Nagamatsu - Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit (2020)
  • Shiho Fujii - Ring Fit Adventure (2019)
  • Manaka Kataoka - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
  • Shinji Ushiroda - Ring Fit Adventure (2019)
  • Megumi Inoue - Miitopia (2016) (likely moved into a supervisor role)
  • Daisuke Matsuoka - Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (2021)
  • Atsuko Asahi - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019) (also did the two ARMS arrangements for Smash Ultimate)
  • Yasuaki Iwata - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (2020)
  • Naoto Kubo - Super Mario Odyssey (2017) (also credited in the Captain Toad 3DS/Switch ports, but I don't think those have any new music)
  • Yumi Takahashi - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (2020)
  • Maasa Miyoshi - Ring Fit Adventure (2019)
  • Soshi Abe - Metroid Dread (2021)
  • Sayako Doi - Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain (2021)
  • Masato Ohashi - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (2020)
  • Haruko Torii - Nintendo Switch Sports (2022)
  • Takuhiro Honda - Nintendo Switch Sports (2022)

This should be mostly accurate, as Nintendo hasn't released a mobile game since 2019 and the only recent EPD 4 project that hasn't had credits is Game Builder Garage (wouldn't be surprised if Sudo worked on that, given that he was involved with Labo).

For upcoming games, I'm almost certain that Minegishi is returning for Splatoon 3, as he's the one that gave the series its sound identity to begin with. That story mode trailer music is also kind of a giveaway. I think Nagamatsu is back as well based on the Salmon Run trailer. Wakai and Kataoka are near-locks for BotW 2.

Going through this list, it feels like the newer composers are popping up a lot more frequently.
Daisuke matsuoka is also sr i think. God i miss ryo nagamatsu and toru minegishi on non splatoon series waay too much.

Was waiting for your list, thanks! Why the FUCK did that moron cut the credits short? :/

Edit: I see SRD actually got a Special Thanks credits... is that the first they've EVER been credited in name?
Pretty sure they've been credited since at least the DS era.

Was waiting for your list, thanks! Why the FUCK did that moron cut the credits short? :/

Edit: I see SRD actually got a Special Thanks credits... is that the first they've EVER been credited in name?

They've been credited several times as a company (Special Thanks or Cooperation) - obviously the SRD programmers alongside EPD are individually listed.

Back
Top Bottom