• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

5szgpBJ.png

This reveal might be the biggest insult by an eclipse in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at the sun. I knew they said it wasn't going to be Metroid but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Metroid was expected, they should've cancelled the eclipse.

And Zelda Williams as... well, Zelda. Book it, Miyamoto!
Yes, it could be seen as a nepo move, but honestly if Zelda Williams auditioned for the role, whether live-action or voice-over (i.e. Kulvira in Legend of Korra), it would be such a full circle moment. Robin at the very least would have jumped at the chance for anything remotely close to a cameo, and I know he'd be so proud if his daughter had a role to play no matter how minor.

Robin
Yes, it could be seen as a nepo move, but honestly if Zelda Williams auditioned for the role, whether live-action or voice-over (i.e. Kulvira in Legend of Korra), it would be such a full circle moment. Robin at the very least would have jumped at the chance for anything remotely close to a cameo, and I know he'd be so proud if his daughter had a role to play no matter how minor.
Robin Williams was a saint

Thing is Zelda Williams would be way more interested in playing Tingle

This is not a joke, she's cosplayed as Tingle before

Even if there is literally nothing for Switch in 2024 after The Thousand-Year Door and Luigi's Mansion 2, this will still be a better final year than most Nintendo consoles have had.

Maybe they are preparing to announce the Indie World? I can't really see them doing the Direct this early in the month but I could be wrong (or maybe it's just a new trailer for one of the three games remaining on the slate at the moment)!! :)
what if Nintendo did a Indie World Showcase this week and general Direct later on the month?

Even if there is literally nothing for Switch in 2024 after The Thousand-Year Door and Luigi's Mansion 2, this will still be a better final year than most Nintendo consoles have had.
Switch ending it lifecycle and yet no sign of Metroid Prime 4

A nice surprise would be for Aonuma to pop up and say ‘TotK has been out for nearly a year now, wow! Please take a look at this…’

Then drop a trailer for a master mode with just a small amount of extra content, like a Trial of the Sword esque challenge.

Only because I’m coming around to the idea that WW/TP just might not be happening.

I'd also love to see Xenogears. Granted I'd be more on the side of involving Takahashi and Saga to fill out the disc2 sections but honestly I'd be happy to have it either way.

And Terranigma is just a big damn yes.
Yeah, the ideal outcome would be Takahashi and Saga being involved and adapt disc 2, or even make a new epilogue/prologue to link the game better to the whole Xeno universe (Square-Namco-Nintendo partnership)…

But it would be a legal nightmare, probable delays for Xenoblade projects if Takahashi is as involved as needed, or worse, other people not related to MSI altering/changing the game without Takahashi’s approval or serious supervision if they’re making a complete remake-reimagining independently…

So the best thing that can happen to me would be just a straight 2,5D-HD remake like SO2R with minimal changes to preserve the story faithful… heck, at this point I’d be happy with just a release of the PSVita emulated version as is lol. IIRC there is no modern system available to play the game legally…

Two notable indie showcases in the same week would be odd, which is why I don’t think an Indie World is happening this week but who knows.

I hope we'll see Call of Duty for Switch in the next Direct now that BLOPSII and Ghosts are offline on WiiU... After a couple of years since I had last played them, I played a few rounds last night. Of course it was a blast - as always. In a way BLOPSII is a timeless game and they don't make them like they used to. That's why I hope they release a kind of classics collection on Switch.

We're only on the second week of April, there's still plenty of time. Just wait for the weekend where Pyoro starts acting up.

We're only on the second week of April, there's still plenty of time. Just wait for the weekend where Pyoro starts acting up.
Dooming is a psychological response to uncertainty, if nothing happens they can say they were right, and if we get something they’ll be pleasantly surprised. It‘s too irrational to argue with them objectively.

Last edited:
Nah, they're always announced on Tuesdays or Wednesdays I think. And the first two weeks pattern was also blatantly broken by the June general Direct last year. We're still in it as can be.
They also usually have a General Direct in February.

The patterns are broken, dude. "Usually" means nothing now.
I thought my sarcasm was obvious :(

It's pretty mind-blowing to see so many people upset. Do you guys really want a C/D tier Direct that badly, because that's what it would be. Switch 2 is less than a year away, surely it makes sense Nintendo is going to be quiet atm?

one person's c/d tier direct is another person's s/a direct

I get that, but some people need to realise the circumstances we're in. Switch 2 was supposed to come out this year, Nintendo obviously won't have much to show for Switch 1 because of it. It's only natural that they're being quiet atm, with a brand new generation around the corner.

I'm sure they'll put a Direct out eventually this year but getting upset about it seems a bit silly.

Spring isn't really starting here in the UK so that's probably a sign all Directs, events, games and speculation have been cancelled. Sorry, I don't make the rules up even if I just did make this up.

I get that, but some people need to realise the circumstances we're in. Switch 2 was supposed to come out this year, Nintendo obviously won't have much to show for Switch 1 because of it. It's only natural that they're being quiet atm, with a brand new generation around the corner.

I'm sure they'll put a Direct out eventually this year but getting upset about it seems a bit silly.
oh yeah, getting upset about the lack of a direct is silly either way

Hoping for some smoke and signs this week if nothing else. Even if it isn’t too wild, something to talk about would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom