• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

For your consideration of the possibility of an April Direct: despite coming out in just a few months, there has not been any news for Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble since late March. Now that may not seem like much for most games, but Sega has been pretty good at keeping a consistent schedule of at least one or two small updates in a week for this game.

I dunno, I could totally be speaking too soon here, they could have a reveal later today for all I know, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they were saving another trailer for a Nintendo Direct, considering the exclusivity.

why not may?
Anything could happen! I just meant that like, the latest they’re gonna do or say anything is probably June so even if there isn’t anything going on this month it won’t be THAT long until something happens.

We often see dumps of news from all companies within the same week as marketing schedules align. This week feels like a News Week. We already have the "iii" indie presentation, a Star Wars game story trailer, and all of these Silksong-related hints.

Not saying this is the week for anything in particular, but it does feel like a Certified News Week.

Vibes are off for April direct IMO. After all, our vibes are what will or don't will these things into existence. I feel like we're in a holding pattern just circling around an airport, waiting to have the captain come over the PA system and let us know to prepare for landing. But we're just waiting.

Imagine if Brasil report was wrong

And Switch 2 is launching this holidays like last week of October or first half of november lol.

That btw, I still have faith in his report.

Last edited:
I haven't been engaging with direct speculation in awhile. I have caught on that the user Brazil stated a Direct would be in April?

Just to add something to the fire (maybe discussed before), it totally seems in Nintendo's wheel house to make a direct announcement to cover up any potential bad press from the WiiU/3DS online services closing down.

With that in mind, this week would make sense to me.

Honestly, I could go either way on this.

They could have a final Switch Direct in April and then announce the Switch 2 in June (not a full blowout, but an announcement).

Or they could wait until June to have a final Switch Direct, and then announce the Switch 2 in the fall with more information.

We often see dumps of news from all companies within the same week as marketing schedules align. This week feels like a News Week. We already have the "iii" indie presentation, a Star Wars game story trailer, and all of these Silksong-related hints.

Not saying this is the week for anything in particular, but it does feel like a Certified News Week.
What indie presentation?

Its not only Brazil who report that Switch will launch in 2025 at this point
Yeah sure but we don't know if other outlets source is Brasil itself lol or the same source as Brasil uses.

Still, April is really just starting so I think there is plenty of time for a Direct to happen.

What indie presentation?

~~~

Seconding the ‘it’s still early April’ consensus - again if it happens it happens, and if it doesn’t it doesn’t. (I have other things to concern myself with such as working night shift on my birthday yet again, haha)

I think the next noteworthy direct will be in June. Noteworthy meaning announcement of unannounced first party titles. Nintendo should be saving most first party exclusives to ensure a constant steady of releases during the launch year of the next switch. As a result, I don’t expect much to release this year. Late next month is the launch of paper Mario and then June “E3” Direct is around the corner so if I was Nintendo I would just wait until then to announce anything new. If they start announcing new games now, I’m not sure they have enough to do a meaningful June direct as well and talking about Switch 2 games in the next few months doesn’t make much sense to me. Might as well wait until June to iron out the final switch releases and holiday games.

No NoA tweets today and they unpinned the Mario Direct tweet 👀

Does unpinning Direct tweets often / ever signify that a new one is imminent?

I’m still not losing all hope yet myself, but I am extremely antsy for a new General Direct. Having to go more than half a year without one is no fun. I’d like to think if April is empty, Nintendo wouldn’t possibly wait longer than June - if so… wild.

I might step out before leaks this next time. I wouldn't want Amiibo Festival 2 Starring Tingle to be spoiled for me.

No NoA tweets today and they unpinned the Mario Direct tweet 👀
Maybe they are preparing to announce the Indie World? I can't really see them doing the Direct this early in the month but I could be wrong (or maybe it's just a new trailer for one of the three games remaining on the slate at the moment)!! :)

Does unpinning Direct tweets often / ever signify that a new one is imminent?

I’m still not losing all hope yet myself, but I am extremely antsy for a new General Direct. Having to go more than half a year without one is no fun. I’d like to think if April is empty, Nintendo wouldn’t possibly wait longer than June - if so… wild.
They often unpin a tweet to make place for a new tweet to be pinned. Whether that's for a new Direct announcement or something else is unknown, but it should be something of importance at least.

Still, realistically looking I don't think a Direct this week is that likely, as Pyoro hasn't said anything yet. (Or with Directs they only tweet after it is announced? I'm not sure on that tbh)

On the other hand, this week would be the worst week of April for a Direct to happen for me, so on that basis it has to happen really

I looked directly at the sun without eye protection earlier and saw the date for the upcoming Direct. Not sharing because of spoilers.
It's gonna be so cool when everyone is looking at the Eclipse and then suddenly Mario jumps up and grabs the moon, confirming Mario Odyssey 2.

I bet the the cast of the live action zelda movie will be announced in a direct.
"It's-a me, Zelda the Hero of Time. The strong and silent type. Hiyah."

super_mario_chris_pratt_grab_1.jpg

Gotta love how the thread immediately dives into pessimism before the direct would ever have been announced lol
1f052e2d6fb5b30b663cbf5348c37ca63b54d8c0.gif

They often unpin a tweet to make place for a new tweet to be pinned. Whether that's for a new Direct announcement or something else is unknown, but it should be something of importance at least.

Still, realistically looking I don't think a Direct this week is that likely, as Pyoro hasn't said anything yet. (Or with Directs they only tweet after it is announced? I'm not sure on that tbh)

On the other hand, this week would be the worst week of April for a Direct to happen for me, so on that basis it has to happen really

I see, thanks - hopefully some kind of cool news if not a Direct soon. I definitely expect to hear from Pyoro a few days ahead of whenever the next one is. If we get zero smoke by the end of *next week, I’ll be concerned, but until then hope lives on for an April General.

But they usually have them in the first two weeks and Monday is over. We lost our chance, September it is.
Nah, they're always announced on Tuesdays or Wednesdays I think. And the first two weeks pattern was also blatantly broken by the June general Direct last year. We're still in it as can be.

10-15 indie games from various publisher's went on sale an hour or so ago on the eShop, all with a short sale end date. It's a bit unusual so leads me to put my faith further in an indie world this week.

Gotta love how the thread immediately dives into pessimism before the direct would ever have been announced lol
Imagine watching this unhinged community since early 2020 as a lurker. Somewhat there are shades of craziness even higher than this lol

I hope we really do see the Switch 2 in June so all the other publishers holding their showcases can still include Switch 2 in their game announcements.

Back
Top Bottom