• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is "short" in your mind for a 3D Zelda?
Well depending on the scope that could range anyway from 3 to 20 hours for completionists maybe, I don't expect much more from an expansion. I mean look at how short games like Minish Cap were

Bowser's Fury was also fairly short but Mario is kind of different beast.

Yes, Nintendo will be working on much stronger hardware, and if they focused on Tears of the Kingdom DLC, that would have made the next Legend of Zelda start development this year or next year, giving the Zelda team, much less time to work on it(also Nintendo problaby want the next Legend of Zelda by at least on year 4 of it next console, if not less(so by 2027/2028)
I'm guessing it's going to take them a long time to work out what direction to take the main open air Zelda's post BOTW/TOTK and we won't be seeing the next game for a while - but around 2027 or so we will see a visually stunning Ocarina Of Time Remake/reimagining with updated gameplay/environments/perhaps even story etc... on graphical par with PS4 stuff like God Of War 2018/Ragnarok as a Nintendo + external studio collaboration - shorter wide linear experience, while Aonuma/Fujibayashi take time developing the next evolution of the mainline open air games for towards the end of the gen

The other day I was thinking about DLC in general and thought of Burnout Paradise’s Big Surf Island and that made me think how they should just add that directly into in Zelda TK. Just one day you are playing and there it is.

I also thought of Big Surf Sky Island right after which also made me laugh.
I also wouldn't mind some more checkpoint races added to the game.
You could have actual opponents and a vehicle part that makes your constructions persist longer,
maybe thats something the new console hardware enables.

And then all that lets us live out some Nuts and Bolts Burnout dreams.

Last edited:
I also wouldn't some more checkpoint races added to the game. You could have actual opponents and a vehicle part that makes your constructions persist longer, maybe thats something the new console hardware enables, and then all that lets us live out some Nuts and Bolts Burnout dreams.
It was very weird Zelda only had like one race track. If there were more, I don’t think I found any.

I don't understand why they didn't do a Sheikah Tech DLC for Tears of the Kingdom. Bring Kass back (did they just forget about him?), have the Divine Beasts be hidden in the Depths, and make mini-dungeons surrounding them. Finishing them off would allow you to create a settlement in the Depths for research NPC's, like a new version of Tarrey Town.

It's especially baffling how the Divine Beasts aren't in the game at all when there was "Divine Beast Wrecks" mentioned in the files IIRC.

It was very weird Zelda only had like one race track. If there were more, I don’t think I found any.
There was also another one in the south east in the town you rebuild near the swordbeach.

The racing people go there if you rebuild the town and finish their quest line.

Week 4: What other IP revival remakes like Another Code would you like to see and why? Can be first or third party.
Turrican came back in a way a few years ago with the two Anthologies but then I think about what Julian Eggebrecht said for what a new Turrican should be in the team eyes : a 2D pixel-art plateform action exploration like the first two Turrican on C64 & Amiga, packed with a level editor heavily inspired by Super Mario Maker.

I don't understand why they didn't do a Sheikah Tech DLC for Tears of the Kingdom. Bring Kass back (did they just forget about him?), have the Divine Beasts be hidden in the Depths, and make mini-dungeons surrounding them. Finishing them off would allow you to create a settlement in the Depths for research NPC's, like a new version of Tarrey Town.

It's especially baffling how the Divine Beasts aren't in the game at all when there was "Divine Beast Wrecks" mentioned in the files IIRC.
I suspect a lot was left on the cutting room floor because it's already a pretty huge game and they had to stop at some point. I very much doubt that they "forgot" about anything. Kass is alluded to in the game after all.

Week 4: What other IP revival remakes like Another Code would you like to see and why? Can be first or third party.
Chibi Robo Plug into adventure remake, like this is a very open 3D game that could look great in the modern day, could finally gain a decent size audience for once on the switch, and also I just want to see my boy back in HD.

Kid Icarus uprising is still a fantastic looking game on the 3ds. I can’t even fathom how good a full hd remake would look on new hardware. I’d love to see that get the remake treatment, but I’d also be thrilled with a port

Chibi Robo Plug into adventure remake, like this is a very open 3D game that could look great in the modern day, could finally gain a decent size audience for once on the switch, and also I just want to see my boy back in HD.
Would love this! And honestly I very much agree it would look stunning with a visual upgrade. I wonder how likely a full remake would be compared to a port, in the vein of Pikmin 1 + 2? I think a port of the original one day using that same emulation from those titles would be a pretty safe bet. But obviously, a remake would be even better!!

Tears of the Kingdom doesn't need an expansion, and I hope they never touch the game again on Switch 2 and focus on building brand-new games from the ground up.

Part of me thinks Zelda didn't get an expansion because there was a need to move EPD staff to next-gen. You'd want software development to really begin ramping up if you're launching in 2024. But I don't doubt creative exhaustion was part of it; they'd been working on the same version of Hyrule for a decade at that point and Tears is stuffed to bursting.

The foolish part of me hopes it's also because Monolith Soft Production Group 2 were moving to their own project for Switch 2.

Part of me thinks Zelda didn't get an expansion because there was a need to move EPD staff to next-gen. You'd want software development to really begin ramping up if you're launching in 2024. But I don't doubt creative exhaustion was part of it; they'd been working on the same version of Hyrule for a decade at that point and Tears is stuffed to bursting.
Yeah, I also wouldn't be surprised if we find out that DLC was planned but ultimately scrapped mid development when they realized that they want/need to move on.

As for their future plans for the game, I suspect it'll get a simple update for Switch 2 with higher res and framerate and not much more. Maybe (a tacked on 😔) Master Mode at most.

Regarding DLC, I remember many years back I saw an interview with a developer who said that DLC doesn't sell as well people think it does (i.e. attach rate between buyers of the DLC and owners of the game is fairly low) and that most DLC sales occur at or near the launch of the game which is why DLC gets worked while the game itself is still in development.

So Nintendo might just think it's better to move on and start work on a new title.

Regarding DLC, I remember many years back I saw an interview with a developer who said that DLC doesn't sell as well people think it does (i.e. attach rate between buyers of the DLC and owners of the game is fairly low) and that most DLC sales occur at or near the launch of the game which is why DLC gets worked while the game itself is still in development.

So Nintendo might just think it's better to move on and start work on a new title.
Yeah, it's why most DLC these days is standalone these days and doesn't need the maingame to be played.
Doom Eternal did that, and while that's a very gameplay first game, I think you would be lost storywise if you started there.
But I doubt many people who didnt get the main game bought the DLC anyway.

Nintendo is just saving all of the would be DLC content for The Legend of Zelda: Tingle Morales as launch title for Switch 2.

I was curious about comparing software in knowledge in January compared to previous years. I found an old list I had on ERA, so I decided to build on it.

Going into 2018 we knew about:
Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi's Crafted World (originally announced for 2018, but moved to 2019)
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (originally announced for 2018, but moved to 2019)
Bayonetta 1 & 2 (Nintendo published, not developed)
Octopath Traveler (Nintendo published, not developed)
[11 projects were announced and released that year]

Going into 2019 we knew about:
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
Yoshi's Crafted World
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Daemon X Machina
Luigi's Mansion
Animal Crossing New Horizons (originally announced for 2019, but moved to 2020)
[7 projects were announced and released that year]

Going into 2020 we knew about:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Xenoblade Chronicles: DE
[6 projects were announced and released that year]

Going into 2021 we knew about:
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Bravely Default 2 (Nintendo published, not developed)
Famicom Detective Club
New Pokémon Snap
[10 projects were announced and released that year]

Going into 2022 we knew about:
Pokemon Legends: Arceus
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Splatoon 3
Bayonetta 3 (announced back in 2017, also Nintendo published, not developed)
Triangle Strategy (Nintendo published, not developed)
Advance Wars: Reboot Camp (Announced in 2021, delayed to 2023)
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Announced for 2022, later delayed to 2023)
[4 projects were announced and released that year]

Going into 2023 we knew about:
Fire Emblem: Engage
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Bayonetta Origins (Nintendo published, not developed)
Advance Wars: Reboot Camp (announced back in 2021)
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Finally)
Pikmin 4
Detective Pikachu (announced back in 2019)

Going into 2024 we currently know about:
Another Code: Recollection
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Princess Peach: Showtime!
Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door HD

So when comparing to other years, it is definitely a weaker list so far in 2024. Obviously we will get some announcements next month, but I think Nintendo is holding back for the Switch 2 reveal.

Oh yea, there is still Metroid Prime 4 somewhere out there....

I was curious about comparing software in knowledge in January compared to previous years. I found an old list I had on ERA, so I decided to build on it.

Going into 2018 we knew about:
Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi's Crafted World (originally announced for 2018, but moved to 2019)
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (originally announced for 2018, but moved to 2019)
Bayonetta 1 & 2 (Nintendo published, not developed)
Octopath Traveler (Nintendo published, not developed)
[11 projects were announced and released that year]

Going into 2019 we knew about:
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
Yoshi's Crafted World
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Daemon X Machina
Luigi's Mansion
Animal Crossing New Horizons (originally announced for 2019, but moved to 2020)
[7 projects were announced and released that year]

Going into 2020 we knew about:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Xenoblade Chronicles: DE

Going into 2021 we knew about:
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Bravely Default 2 (Nintendo published, not developed)
Famicom Detective Club
New Pokémon Snap
[10 projects were announced and released that year]

Going into 2022 we knew about:
Pokemon Legends: Arceus
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Splatoon 3
Bayonetta 3 (announced back in 2017, also Nintendo published, not developed)
Triangle Strategy (Nintendo published, not developed)
Advance Wars: Reboot Camp (Announced in 2021, delayed to 2023)
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Announced for 2022, later delayed to 2023)
[4 projects were announced and released that year]

Going into 2023 we knew about:
Fire Emblem: Engage
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Bayonetta Origins (Nintendo published, not developed)
Advance Wars: Reboot Camp (announced back in 2021)
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Finally)
Pikmin 4
Detective Pikachu (announced back in 2019)

Going into 2024 we currently know about:
Another Code: Recollection
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Princess Peach: Showtime!
Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door HD

So when comparing to other years, it is definitely a weaker list so far in 2024. Obviously we will get some announcements next month, but I think Nintendo is holding back for the Switch 2 reveal.

Oh yea, there is still Metroid Prime 4 somewhere out there....
OK so

Going into 2018, we knew of 1 re-release (I’ll count Bayo 1+2 as 1)
Goign into 2019, we knew of 1 re-release (NSMBUDX)
Going into 2020, we knew of 2 re-releases (TMS#FE and Xenoblade)
Going into 2021, we knew of 2 re-releases (Mario 3D World and Famicom Detective Club)
Going into 2022, we knew of 1 re-release (Advance Wars)
Going into 2023, we knew of 2 re-releases (Advance Wars (again) and Kirby) (there’s an argument to be made we knew about Metroid Prime Remastered too)
Going into 2024, we knew of 4 re-releases (Another Code, MvDK, Luigi Mansion and TTYD)

That’s twice as many as usual!

OK so

Going into 2018, we knew of 1 re-release (I’ll count Bayo 1+2 as 1)
Goign into 2019, we knew of 1 re-release (NSMBUDX)
Going into 2020, we knew of 2 re-releases (TMS#FE and Xenoblade)
Going into 2021, we knew of 2 re-releases (Mario 3D World and Famicom Detective Club)
Going into 2022, we knew of 1 re-release (Advance Wars)
Going into 2023, we knew of 2 re-releases (Advance Wars (again) and Kirby) (there’s an argument to be made we knew about Metroid Prime Remastered too)
Going into 2024, we knew of 4 re-releases (Another Code, MvDK, Luigi Mansion and TTYD)

That’s twice as many as usual!

giphy.gif

Kat Bailey said more remasters/remakes were coming from Nintendo this year, too, didn't she?

People: "Wow, Nintendo really will be stuck without all those Wii U ports!"

Nintendo: "Haha, remasters go brrrrr"
Nintendo smirking and wrapping their corporate fingers around the rope labeled “pull to release Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on Switch“

Kat Bailey said more remasters/remakes were coming from Nintendo this year, too, didn't she?

Lemme know when Kat Bailey posts a bigass X

That argument never made sense to me. Nintendo has the whole 3DS, Wii, and GameCube libraries to do easy-ish remasters from. That well ain't drying up soon.

Nintendo is getting close to running out of games they can easily remake. They can remake XY, Sun and Moon, and ALBW for the Switch 2 and can probably remake DKC1-3, but most of their games left that they can remake are going to be really expensive to do a remake of.

The 3DS and DS don't have lineups that lend to easy remakes and they've already aggressively started to mine the GameCube and Wii libraries.

they've already aggressively started to mine the GameCube and Wii libraries.
I say mine the gosh darn heck (excuse my language) out of 'em!

I honestly don't have a problem with remasters/remakes. They typically include nice quality of life changes. And just owning improved versions of my favorite games on modern consoles is awesome.

Nintendo is getting close to running out of games they can easily remake. They can remake XY, Sun and Moon, and ALBW for the Switch 2 and can probably remake DKC1-3, but most of their games left that they can remake are going to be really expensive to do a remake of.

The 3DS and DS don't have lineups that lend to easy remakes and they've already aggressively started to mine the GameCube and Wii libraries.

Nah, there are still a lot of potential out there. None of the 3D Mario games have been properly remade in HD form. The 3D All-Stars collection was just remasters. Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii are still locked on that system. Sticking quickly with Wii platformers, where is Donkey Kong Country Returns and Wario Land: Shake It?

With Zelda, you still have the Oracle games and Minish Cap. The DS games would probably be a lot harder, but if Nintendo wants to get Phantom Houglass out there, they certainly could. Then you have NES games like Zelda 2 if Nintendo wanted to give that a reimagining. At some point, Nintendo is going to give at least Ocarina of Time the full HD remake treatment. Majora's Mask would probably get the same eventually.

Metroid is dying for HD remakes of 1-4. Nintendo could start chipping away at those slowly.

If F-Zero were to get a remake, it would be GX.

After TTYD, there are still three console Paper Mario games that could get put on a future HD system. Sticker Star can stay on the 3DS.

Luigi's Mansion 1 is an inevitability.

Then you have older GB games like the Super Mario Land, Wario Land, and Kirby Dream Land series. Obviously Kirby 1 won't be enough to justify a release, but Nintendo could do a Dream Land 1 + 2 collection with new graphics and sell that as a bundle. Speaking of Kirby, there is still Epic Yarn on the Wii.

Pokémon remakes are set for the longest time as they can do both the Let's Go Series and the traditional remakes. People forget that Game Freak only averages a traditional remake once every five years.

DS/3DS titles are definitely harder to port given the nature of the original hardware, but there is still potential with the first party lineup. Lastly, I doubt that they will ever touch most of the SNES lineup since that seems to be perfect for all time, but there are plenty of titles to be picked from.

GameCube and Wii have plenty of untapped remasters:

• Mario Galaxy 2
  • Smash Bros Melee / Brawl
  • Mario Kart Double Dash / Wii
  • Star Fox Adventures / Assault
  • F-Zero GX
  • Wave Race Blue Storm
  • 1080 Avalanche
  • Mario Power Tennis / Golf Toadstool Tour
  • Mario Strikers / Strikers Charged
  • Mario Baseball / Sluggers
  • Donkey Kong Jungle Beat / Country Returns
  • Four Swords Adventures
  • Kirby Air Ride
  • Chibi Robo
  • Cubivore
  • Doshin the Giant
  • Custom-Robi
  • Eternal Darkness
  • Battalion Wars 1 / 2
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever
  • Punch-Out
  • Super Paper Mario
  • NSMB Wii
  • Endless Ocean 1 / 2
  • Wario World / Wario Land Shake It
  • Excite Truck / Excite Bots
  • Animal Crossing NGC / City Folk

Granted not everything on this list is equal but it illustrates the point. and that's not even including 3DS games, which they've already shown they cns remaster with that Mii Quest port.

GameCube and Wii have plenty of untapped remasters:

• Mario Galaxy 2
  • F-Zero GX
  • Wave Race Blue Storm
  • 1080 Avalanche
  • Four Swords Adventures
  • Kirby Air Ride
  • Chibi Robo
  • Cubivore
  • Doshin the Giant
  • Custom-Robi
  • Eternal Darkness
  • Battalion Wars 1 / 2
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever
  • Punch-Out
  • Super Paper Mario
  • NSMB Wii
  • Endless Ocean 1 / 2
  • Wario World / Wario Land Shake It

Granted not everything on this list is equal but it illustrates the point. and that's not even including 3DS games, which they've already shown they cns remaster with that Mii Quest port.

Let's break these down a bit

Too iterative for Nintendo to remake

They are not going to remake

• Chibi Robo
  • Cubivore
  • Doshin the Giant
  • Custom-Robi
  • Eternal Darkness

Probably too niche/disliked to remake though there's an outside shot

• Wave Race Blue Storm
  • 1080 Avalanche
  • Battalion Wars 1 / 2
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever
  • Kirby's Air Ride
  • Wario World
Questionable whether they would remake considering sequel is already available and is iterative and is viewed more positively

• NSMB Wii
We end up left with like 6 games, lol.

There's loads more games
Also you are totally underestimating what is "easy"
I can see them do ALBW similar to LM2, but most of the games you descirbe would just need all new assets for the most part.
There's also loads of Game Cube Games like F-Zero GX.

And from the DS era we could get Hotel Dusk in the style of Another Code,
Kid Icaris Uprising with new controls, I mean they put in the effort for Skyward Sword,
Fire Emblem Awakening which brought tons of people onto the franchise before Three Houses and really doesnt need the dual screen setup.
And thats just off the top of my head.

• Chibi Robo
  • Cubivore
  • Doshin the Giant
  • Custom-Robi
  • Eternal Darkness

• Wave Race Blue Storm
  • 1080 Avalanche
  • Battalion Wars 1 / 2
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever
  • Kirby's Air Ride
  • Wario World
Questionable whether they would remake considering sequel is already available and is iterative and is viewed more positively

• NSMB Wii

Don’t agree with your assessment of the Donkey Kong games. They’re great games in their own right and would be fantastic releases in HD/4K - Maybe a Returns/Tropical Freeze 4K double pack. Jungle Beat stands on its own. Would be a nice budget release.

Last edited:

• Chibi Robo
  • Cubivore
  • Doshin the Giant
  • Custom-Robi
  • Eternal Darkness

• Wave Race Blue Storm
  • 1080 Avalanche
  • Battalion Wars 1 / 2
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever
  • Kirby's Air Ride
  • Wario World

• NSMB Wii
I agree about the first bunch being too iterative with their current output, although I can imagine Melee/Brawl getting ports.

For Chibi Robo through Eternal Darkness, look of Another Code can get a remake I don't think these are any less possible.

Nah, there are still a lot of potential out there. None of the 3D Mario games have been properly remade in HD form. The 3D All-Stars collection was just remasters. Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii are still locked on that system. Sticking quickly with Wii platformers, where is Donkey Kong Country Returns and Wario Land: Shake It?
On the subject of a Wario Land: Shake It! remaster/port….

I wonder what porting for that game would be like? It still looks good but… would upping the resolution cause issues with the visuals? And I doubt they’d want to redraw all those assets. I’d be kind of wary what AI upscaling would do for it too.

I have no clue though, maybe it would look fine just as a port with higher resolution.

If we are getting remakes/remasters of Another Code, Famicom Detective Club, and Advance Wars, I'd say that anything and everything is on the table with Nintendo.
yeah this

I have both Famicom Detective Club games on my Switch. after that nothing is off limits. absolutely nothing

Kid Icarus Uprising is weird to remake because it would be extremely hard and the game was not really that popular.

It sold 1.36m after one year and received no further updates so I assume it sold far less than 2m copies.

• Wave Race Blue Storm
  • 1080 Avalanche
  • Battalion Wars 1 / 2
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever
  • Kirby's Air Ride
  • Wario World

In a world where Advance wars and especially Another Code can get remakes, I wouldn't dismiss most of these, especially not the Starfox titles.

Edit: And I'm the millionth person to come to the same conclusion, sorry for the dogpile, haha.

I was thinking, Nintendo has 4 remaster/remake for this year and each one has a different original platform.

Another Code - Wii/DS
Mario vs Donkey Kong - GBA
Luigi's Mansion 2 - 3DS
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - GameCube

Yes, it's a very useless info, but I just realized now.

I was thinking, Nintendo has 4 remaster/remake for this year and each one has a different original platform.

Another Code - Wii/DS
Luigi's Mansion 2 - 3DS

They keep drawing from different wells!

On the subject of a Wario Land: Shake It! remaster/port….

I wonder what porting for that game would be like? It still looks good but… would upping the resolution cause issues with the visuals? And I doubt they’d want to redraw all those assets. I’d be kind of wary what AI upscaling would do for it too.

I have no clue though, maybe it would look fine just as a port with higher resolution.

Perhaps I'm being extremely naïve here, since I'm neither a artist nor a videogame programmer, but given the artstyle, surely Wario Land Shake it is most likely completely vector drawn? If so, you wouldn't need to redraw anything. It should rescale relatively trivially?

Another Code - Wii/DS
Luigi's Mansion 2 - 3DS

They keep drawing from different wells!
It's not useless info at all; it's a useful point to remind us all that it's silly to claim anything is off limits. Wii, GameCube, GameBoy, 3DS, GBA, DS, Famicom, SNES all have remade/remastered games on Switch, from different developers taking different approaches.

The only Nintendo system limited to basic emulation, rather than a fuller remastering approach, is so far the N64. But even then, we can point to 3D All Stars (slight remaster) and Mario Party Superstars (remade content from N64 games).

We are entering our 4th week of Direct Speculation now! Last week was fairly chill and I expect the next one to be as well as Nintendo is putting out Another Code and we are gearing up for a jam packed (normal calendar) week of releases headlined by Under Night In-Birth II and Apollo Justice on Switch alongside Like A Dragon 8, Tekken 8, and more on other platforms. So while big news seems unlikely for a bit, we are inching ever closer to our generally expected Direct date and with it the chance for rumors and signs will slowly begin to rise! As for thread business, we do have a new poll that opened up this week asking all of us what will be the final one more thing the Direct ends on. Make your voice heard by voting if you haven't! It may just influence the direction of the next poll 👀. Let's roll into our next weekly question then!

For my own answer, I think I'm going to pick Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime which was a DS game sort of like 2D Zelda, but with these super rad giant tank battles where you'd launch a bunch of junk (and sometimes yourself!) out of your tank's cannon to disable and sabotage the enemy. This would be a tough game to update faithfully given it did take advantage of the two screens of the DS especially in the tank battles, but I'd love to see it brought back with some form of online play. Curious what y'all would like to see Fami!
TimeSpli-

Oh-I-made-myself-sad.-Futurama.gif

I mean, like others above have mentioned, Hotel Dusk/Kyle Hyde seems to have the faintest glimmer of hope now that Another Code got a remake that would get me super stoked. Chibi Robo would also be great to have a real sequel to the Gamecube classic that seems to have been missed with every consecutive entry.

But, for my money, I would love to see EA bring back SSX from the dead. I'd say Mirror's Edge, but given that one had one game, and one revival that was whelming at best...SSX! The first game came out 24 years ago this year, and it's been on ice for half that time. Seriously, the last entry (also confusingly titled SSX), was 2012. It didn't do well for obvious reasons; it took itself too seriously despite modeling itself after its better-selling entry Tricky, and a lot of the arcade charm was lost as a result despite the expanded online community.

I would like to be more cognisant of my requests for games I've played before instead of new entries, but this is an exception where after 12 years have passed I would prefer to see the devs (original or new team) remake SSX Tricky, identify the mechanics that made it so popular, and transfer it to a new entry in the series.

Another Code - Wii/DS
Luigi's Mansion 2 - 3DS

TIME FOR ZELDA 2, SUPER METROID, AND DK64 REMAKES BABYYYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom