• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
More grabs from the accidental Showtime upload
SPOILER_GGQqf1pXUAA0QHr.png
SPOILER_GGQqgCkWsAAH9DP.png
SPOILER_GGQqgO_WEAMQJ2Q.png
SPOILER_GGQq8bcX0AAEZ2M.png
So Jimmy MacElroy Peach, Zorro Peach, Ariel Peach, and Power Ranger Peach.

I mean if it is a normal Mini why the Side Order trailer today?

Seems more likely that they'll drop this in a Twittet trailer tomorrow and maybe just shadow drop the Partner's on the 15th if they don't want to also tweet out an announcement

I still haven't been super hooked on Princess Peach Showtime. Maybe it's just not my thing? Glad that we finally have a game with her as the protagonist that isn't sexist, though

I mean if it is a normal Mini why the Side Order trailer today?

Seems more likely that they'll drop this in a Twittet trailer tomorrow and maybe just shadow drop the Partner's on the 15th if they don't want to also tweet out an announcement
Only thing could be length, 5 minutes of one game in a mini may be too much. But yeah more likely because it's not a mini and is the partner everyone has been saying.

Only thing could be length, 5 minutes of one game in a mini may be too much. But yeah more likely because it's not a mini and is the partner everyone has been saying.
if its a mini i think itd make sense, if all they have to show is fe4 + ttyd + lm2 + + peach showtime + maybe third party stuff, that could easily fill 20 minutes, but side order had little known about it so it'd warrant a larger timeslot. but the addition of 5mins of side: order would make it too long for a mini, but not long enough for a general. (god i feel like a conspiracy nut rambling in front of their board rn LOL)

I don’t get it, why would Nintendo have a partner direct when they have tons of announcements just ready to go? They just weird me out so times
They have to literally have no games to announce for Switch 1, that's the only possible explanation. If there is even one game coming from now till September that we don't know about, that's enough material for a Mini, probably even a general. If they can't make a Direct with just Switch 1 content, then Switch 2 must be imminent

I don’t get it, why would Nintendo have a partner direct when they have tons of announcements just ready to go? They just weird me out so times
Yeah that's what's kinda been bugging me too. If they had all this stuff to show between Splatoon and Peach then why not put it into the presentation and make it a general Direct? It's like they're deliberately pulling stuff out in order to keep it from being a General. Or something, I dunno. 😅

Either way, sure makes for an interesting speculation thread!!

Getting those out of the way for the bigger upcoming announcement probably.

I don't know that we have enough content here to make it a General Direct, maybe they didn't think they do?

This thread either shuts down on a Partner Showcase announcement or shadowdrop.

Unless something wacky happens like it’s only ten minutes or something, I imagine people will be satisfied and one will open again a month prior to whenever we think the next one might be. But even then, we basically should all move over to Josh’s Switch 2 ST anyway as that’s next.
That should be the announcement/reveal ST I think. Then that can close and move to an official console ST. I think that’s the best way to go. New direct speculation in May maybe. Though feel we might get a larger advanced notice if there is a Switch 2 game blowout.

I need a Nancy Kerrigan and Tanya Harding storyline for this figure skating act. Also, let’s get a Mighty Switch Force Peach game now (not a Mighty No. 9 one…)

WAIT

Weird idea:
What if they figure a General Direct needs to have a big one-more-thing first-party reveal at the end, and they don't have any first-party reveals they wanna make before the Switch 2 is revealed? What if that's why they're parsing the Direct down into a Partner (maybe) and showing off the Splatoon and Peach stuff outside of it?

WAIT

Weird idea:
What if they figure a General Direct needs to have a big one-more-thing first-party reveal at the end, and they don't have any first-party reveals they wanna make before the Switch 2 is revealed? What if that's why they're parsing the Direct down into a Partner (maybe) and showing off the Splatoon and Peach stuff outside of it?
they could still just do a mini, the 2018 mini was just updates on already released stuff, right? even if fe4 is being saved for the switch 2 blowout they could still do a mini with their 3rd party output + peach ttyd lm2 and side order

WAIT

Weird idea:
I thought that was what we all understood to be happening. Nate suspects the format would be Partner Showcase, because he thinks March will be Switch 2 reveal.

(if you were being sarcastic, I missed that sorry)

These look awesome! Really looking forward to Peach Showtime at this point :)
I dont know if it will be in a partner but why not lol.

Ys X, in case.

Heck yeah! I imagine it’s this early to have time to take LE preorders. Wild we are finally almost caught up with Falcom releases :)

WAIT

Weird idea:
Picross 3-D is a big reveal to me!

With Side Order news today and Peach news seeming very likely for tomorrow, I wonder what the odds are for TTYD news on Friday?

Like, are they just gonna do the full "and this would be the 1st party segments in a general direct ... if we had one" stuff on twitter this week?

Hey did anybody talk about Jeff hearing about the Direct being potentially moved because of the Xbox Podcast? I don't think it will but it could explain if the Direct is tomorrow morning (a point for team Mini!) as opposed to the expected Thursday date

nightmare scenario is that we dont get a partner showcase and they use thursday and friday to announce dates for ttyd and lm2 (lowkey think a date for ttyd is big enough for a general direct though. they know how much people love that game)

I LEAVE THIS THREAD ALL DAY AND I'M 13 PAGES BEHIND! WHAT THE HELL ARE Y'ALL DOING?!?!?!?!
Mostly doom posting in the morning after the Side Order reveal.
If there were any video game rental stores left :/
I go to rural towns for work a decent amount of the time and the grocery stores often still have rental sections. Usually for movies but sometimes you get disc based games. Those places have spotty internet and one or fewer cinema screens, so makes sense to have a DVD section

With Side Order news today and Peach news seeming very likely for tomorrow, I wonder what the odds are for TTYD news on Friday?

Like, are they just gonna do the full "and this would be the 1st party segments in a general direct ... if we had one" stuff on twitter this week?
Practically impossible, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong launches Friday, would be very odd to bury that game with new nearly every day of the week

Saw this was found on a discord server i'm on; we might be back team general mini?

Or they just drop this on its own later tonight I dunno at this point.

8MNEagl.png
Omg team general Mini we're so back!!

The 02/14 date on it also would imply it's gonna be shadow dropped tomorrow?!

So basically we either get a mini shadow dropped tomorrow which would be exciting AF or we get a meaty overview trailer for Peach and it further confirms it's a Partner.
The designs are just so beautiful 🥺😍😭
I dont know if it will be in a partner but why not lol.

Ys X, in case.

Damn that'd definitely be Direct material!! I even put it on my predictions list for a possible partner showcase.
Found this beauty in one of my old school journals at my parents place

IMG-7424.jpg
That's the cutest thing I saw today 🥺😍

Hey did anybody talk about Jeff hearing about the Direct being potentially moved because of the Xbox Podcast? I don't think it will but it could explain if the Direct is tomorrow morning (a point for team Mini!) as opposed to the expected Thursday date
They had a state of play on the same day right? I don’t think they care about an Xbox last minute business podcast especially since the directs are probably planned out well in advance.

Nintendo seemingly stripping out Princess Peach trailers and Splatoon stuff to release it immediately before the Direct instead of having a partner Direct is actually pretty weird, lol.

I'm guessing they don't want backlash to the Direct for not having the Switch 2 so they stripped it down to third-parties? But you can just say the Switch 2 will be shown at a later date...

Honestly, I've been thinking about this a lot and may have mentioned it but the reason I think they are deciding to do major trailers and a Partner Showcase is just because of how much time goes into making a General Direct that makes it a little harder to justify focusing so much time on if they are intending to start the marketing cycle for the next console next month. Partner Showcases and Mini's in general are a lot more laidback and don't require as much effort (but likely still requires a lot of effort) compared to a General needing to have a host and just, generally, larger production value. I don't think it was ever the content they had that was holding them back, it was just the format of a General that, if the console is announced soon, is harder to justify focusing on.

I've had the mindset that the format this week won't necessarily indicate what Nintendo is doing with the next console but, in hindsight, with a Partner Showcase, Social Media posts, and then possibly the next console getting revealed, it does make sense that they might be taking the path that allows them to allot the most focus and time to the next console being revealed and then it's eventual presentation! :)

Have they ever moved a direct either internally or externally that wasn't in response to a natural disaster or the queen dying? Heck, if anything the podcast has to do with games that will likely be shown in the direct.

Quoted by: tee
So what time would the announcement be tomorrow? 6 AM PST right?
6:00 AM Pacific is most probable if we don’t get a shadowdrop the next day. There’s been an interesting trend forming of announcements happening at 5:00 AM lately between the Zelda and Splatoon concerts and now Side Order dropping. So maybe an hour earlier is possible too?

6:00 AM Pacific is most probable if we don’t get a shadowdrop the next day. There’s been an interesting trend forming of announcements happening at 5:00 AM lately between the Zelda and Splatoon concerts and now Side Order dropping. So maybe an hour earlier is possible too?
Could also very well be 7AM PST

Have they ever moved a direct either internally or externally that wasn't in response to a natural disaster or the queen dying? Heck, if anything the podcast has to do with games that will likely be shown in the direct.
They didn't even move the direct that was near the queen's death, they just didn't air the stream live in the UK

Yeah that's what's kinda been bugging me too. If they had all this stuff to show between Splatoon and Peach then why not put it into the presentation and make it a general Direct? It's like they're deliberately pulling stuff out in order to keep it from being a General. Or something, I dunno. 😅

Either way, sure makes for an interesting speculation thread!!
One possibility is that it's a repeat of the September 2020 mini, where there's 1-2 third party announcements that could carry the show on its own, to the point there's no "need" for Nintendo's stuff.

Two Monster Hunter releases were definitely the stars of that showcase. Anything of note from Capcom, Sega, Square Enix and/or Koei Tecmo could do it again.

Jeff Grubb's speculation means nothing to me, given his poor track record. The supposed WW / TP remasters never happened, and I recall him mentioning Prime 2 Remastered was coming out "soon-ish" over half a year ago. If there ever was a Direct, which I assume there is, I highly doubt it's getting moved. Maybe we'll get something about Peach tomorrow, but I'd also expect the announcement for the Partner Direct; they could just shadow drop it on Thursday, but I don't think it'll happen. Then perhaps sometime before the Switch 2 we can get some Twitter updates on Paper Mario and LM2. I'm most curious about how first-party content is going to be presented with the reveal of the Switch 2. Is it going to be a separate, hardware-only thing at first, and we won't see any first-party software in a Direct until June / later? Will the Direct format be changed moving into the next era? A lot of questions, and we're clearly in uncharted territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom