• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than 25 hours now to register for The Great Direct Date Guess Event! Make sure to @ me (replying to this post or the announcement post works or in a standalone post) if you want to sign up! Here’s all of the current valid registrations:

Direct Air Date Guesses

January 11th - MissingNo. , RealUncleNintendo
January 17th - crazybenjamin
January 24th - Brofield, rêverie
February 7th - Joe, hk-rara, SammyJ9, shoptroll
February 8th - Hero of Hyrule, gijose
February 9th - meatbag
February 13th - uboijohnnee, Gabev
February 14th - Josh5890, TriGen, Concernt, bixente, Marce-chan
February 15th - xghost777
February 16th - Legion of Primes

Switch 2 Announcement Guesses

January 4th - uboijohnnee
January 12th - Legion of Primes
January 15th - RealUncleNintendo
January 18th - Concernt
February 7th - shoptroll
February 22nd - MissingNo. , Marce-chan
February 25th - crazybenjamin
March 6th - Joe
March 13th - rêverie, Josh5890
March 14th - gijose
March 20th - SammyJ9
March 22nd - TriGen
June 12th - Gabev
June 26th - meatbag

I’m hoping we get a handful of winners so if you haven’t joined yet, pick some dates :) (you don’t have to pick both dates if you don’t want to, but you can only win here!)

Last edited:
The big thing I'm wondering if Nintendo will do in a Direct this year:

Will they finally do the thing they shoulda been doing since day fuckin one and have it to where the screen cuts to black right on the host's snap? Having them awkwardly hold the pose after the snap while the screen eventually fades to black a second or so later feels so wrong.

This is seriously my number one hope to see in a Direct someday. well number two after chrono trigger more like

Will they finally do the thing they shoulda been doing since day fuckin one and have it to where the screen cuts to black right on the host's snap? Having them awkwardly hold the pose after the snap while the screen eventually fades to black a second or so later feels so wrong.

This is seriously my number one hope to see in a Direct someday. well number two after chrono trigger more like
They should do it just for Prime 4. Make it extra dramatic and catch people off guard.

Less than 25 hours now to register for The Great Direct Date Guess Event! Make sure to @ me (replying to this post or the announcement post works or in a standalone post) if you want to sign up! Here’s all of the current valid registrations:

Direct Air Date Guesses

February 8th - Hero of Hyrule
February 9th - meatbag
February 14th - Josh5890, TriGen, Concernt

January 18th - Concernt
February 7th - shoptroll
March 6th - Joe
March 20th - SammyJ9
March 22nd - TriGen
June 12th - Gabev
June 26th - meatbag

I’m hoping we get a handful of winners so if you haven’t joined yet, pick some dates :) (you don’t have to pick both dates if you don’t want to, but you can only win here!)
1/11 for the Direct air date, 2/22 for Switch 2 announcement. Both being Thursdays.

It's poetic.

They should do it just for Prime 4. Make it extra dramatic and catch people off guard.
OR skip the black screen entirely and have the snap cut right to a shot of her helmet in the rain. Damn.

And since it's Switch 2, they'll snap with both hands!
giphy.webp

Let’s hope we get 3D Kirby first. It’s arguably the best game in the serious and it’s literally the best selling game in the serious. Everyone who played it ended up really liking it or loving it. I couldn’t believe how much I loved that game. It made 3D Mario easier to wait for because it came out 4.5 years after Mario Odyssey

Last edited:
Just stopping in to say I really, really hope Prime 2 / 3 is part of the next General Direct. It will have been about a year since Prime 1 had its announcement, and surely (I mean, SURELY?) Prime 4 is not far from being shown for the first time. I've been predicting the Pikmin 1+2 treatment on Prime 2+3, but who knows for sure - I have been doubting lately if we get them in any form. One thing that's just about guaranteed at least that excites me is more footage and perhaps new features revealed for TTYD. We're at the point where I would want most brand new games saved for the next system. Just a few more remakes / remasters sprinkled in, like WW / TP and MP 2 /3, would make me very happy with the Switch's last few months.
I think it’s high chance we get MP2/3 in the first direct of 2024. Timing would be good

Direct Air Date Guesses

February 9th - meatbag

January 18th - Concernt
February 7th - shoptroll
March 6th - Joe
March 20th - SammyJ9
March 22nd - TriGen
June 12th - Gabev
June 26th - meatbag

Direct Air Date: January 11/2024
Switch 2 Reveal: January 15/2024

Direct Air Date Guesses

February 9th - meatbag

January 18th - Concernt
February 7th - shoptroll
March 6th - Joe
March 20th - SammyJ9
March 22nd - TriGen
June 12th - Gabev
June 26th - meatbag

Feb 8 for a direct and March 14 for switch 2 announcement

I wonder if we get a little lull of Nintendo releases between PM/LM 2 HD releasing and Switch 2 coming out. They’ll want to save some big guns for the console launch period and so far we only have 4 games from them we know are coming (3 of which are remakes/masters)

Good time to start playing games that I have missed. Nothing really to exciting on the horizon , at the moment.

I wonder if we get a little lull of Nintendo releases between PM/LM 2 HD releasing and Switch 2 coming out. They’ll want to save some big guns for the console launch period and so far we only have 4 games from them we know are coming (3 of which are remakes/masters)
I’m thinking at most we’ll only have one empty month between Switch and Switch 2. It all depends where it lands, but the current schedule has four undated games (counting Side Order). If each of those slotted into one month that gets us to July. If Switch 2 is at the latest November, that’s only three games that need to appear between now and then to make it work. If Fire Emblem Genealogy is one and Pokemon is another, that means you only need one other game to make it to November which could easily be a port/remaster.

Granted the release calendar probably doesn’t fit so cleanly as Prime 4 could be a cross gen game at or after the Switch 2 launch and Pokemon is probably November, but the Switch 2 could come out earlier as well (I’m feeling pretty good about September personally). Regardless of how it shakes out, it seems more likely than not there won’t be much of a gap.

Re: Chrono Trigger Remake - are we looking at a Team Asano 2D-HD remake, or a different style?

Re: Prime 2 & 3 - The games could be Remastered a la Prime 1, but I feel it would take more time, and I feel like 2024 is the year Prime 4 comes out. If Prime 4 comes out, I’m not confident they could spread out the Prime Remasters much

Re: Chrono Trigger Remake - are we looking at a Team Asano 2D-HD remake, or a different style?

Re: Prime 2 & 3 - The games could be Remastered a la Prime 1, but I feel it would take more time, and I feel like 2024 is the year Prime 4 comes out. If Prime 4 comes out, I’m not confident they could spread out the Prime Remasters much

The wait for Prime 4 has been awful. All we got was a slide with a logo lol. I really can’t wait to see the game in motion. Hopefully lives up to the high expectations set.

I’ve always been very interested in seeing a Chrono Trigger remake provided the main focus was adding new story stuff to it (expanding on the multiple endings for example), but I’ve also become somewhat interested in what an alternate graphical approach could be. I’m playing Octopath Traveler II right now and while I like how that game looks, I think it’d be a poor fit for Chrono Trigger personally at least as is. I really want something more colorful for Chrono Trigger. If we did get a graphical remake, I’m most interested in seeing a 3D remake that lets you explore more of the world.

Direct Air Date Guesses

February 9th - meatbag
February 14th - Josh5890, TriGen, Concernt, bixente

January 18th - Concernt
February 7th - shoptroll
February 22nd - MissingNo.
March 6th - Joe
March 14th - gijose
March 20th - SammyJ9
March 22nd - TriGen
June 12th - Gabev
June 26th - meatbag

Will go the easy way for the Direct and predict it's airing February 14th.

Switch 2 reveal is up in the air... Will go with February 22th, presuming both the Direct and the Pokémon presents already happened so they can show the games announced on those in the reveal trailer(obviously Metroid Prime 4 will be the highlight and they'll show footage of the next Mario and Mario Kart on it).

I’ve always been very interested in seeing a Chrono Trigger remake provided the main focus was adding new story stuff to it (expanding on the multiple endings for example), but I’ve also become somewhat interested in what an alternate graphical approach could be. I’m playing Octopath Traveler II right now and while I like how that game looks, I think it’d be a poor fit for Chrono Trigger personally at least as is. I really want something more colorful for Chrono Trigger. If we did get a graphical remake, I’m most interested in seeing a 3D remake that lets you explore more of the world.

3D remake with a good budget would be something dreams are made of!

I played Chrono trigger last year for the first time so it would be hard for me to say hd 2d or 3d but I wouldn’t mind the Mario rpg remake style .

i'm probably in the minority here but i don't want a chrono trigger remake, i just want them to put the [fixed] pc/mobile version on consoles.

Direct Air Date Guesses

February 9th - meatbag
February 14th - Josh5890, TriGen, Concernt, bixente, Marce-chan

January 18th - Concernt
February 7th - shoptroll
February 22nd - MissingNo. , Marce-chan
March 6th - Joe
March 14th - gijose
March 20th - SammyJ9
March 22nd - TriGen
June 12th - Gabev
June 26th - meatbag

Direct Air Date: February 21st (it will be a mini meant to to flesh out some dates before may/June when the full Switch 2 blowout happens.)
Switch 2 Announcement: March 6th (It will be a brief video trailer type announcement.)

January gonna be quiet as usual. The real question will be if the regular February Direct shows up. If it doesn't, it'd be a good sign that the Switch 2 reveal could be coming in like March.
I remain convinced that Live A Live was a test run for Chrono Trigger HD-2D. They've been stepping up their game with the presentation for every HD-2D game, so Chrono Trigger should look great in that style.

Just popping in to pre-emptively wish all of you a Happy New Year in 2024!

Let's see what the Big N has in store for us..

As other countries enter into 2024, it immediately reminded me of the end of 2015 and entering into 1st January 2016 where everyone got more excited because it genuinely could be any day when the NX would be announced/revealed. Took 10 months to finally be revealed lol.

We are really going to see the next generation of Nintendo in potential upcoming months.

As other countries enter into 2024, it immediately reminded me of the end of 2015 and entering into 1st January 2016 where everyone got more excited because it genuinely could be any day when the NX would be announced/revealed. Took 10 months to finally be revealed lol.

We are really going to see the next generation of Nintendo in potential upcoming months.
Thank god we won’t be waiting 10 months in 2024

A big strength for Switch-era Nintendo has been a pretty steady cadence of releases, and i feel like especially going into Switch 2 they'd want to maintain that kind of momentum to carry them forward into the next generation

I think they'll mostly stick to their "about 1 game a month" schedule, with maybe one or two non-consecutive gap months

Nintendo is gonna want little dead time. They gonna keep the final switch direct to initial reveal of the switch 2 close within months.

They should get John de Lancie to host in character as Q just so we can get a snap from him and then we end up in an alternate reality where the Super Nintendo Switch U On came out in 2023.

Switch 2 reveal is up in the air... Will go with February 22th, presuming both the Direct and the Pokémon presents already happened so they can show the games announced on those in the reveal trailer
Considering Pokémon Presents is always on Pokémon day (February 27th), that's a bad presumption lol

I'm lowkey hoping this next Direct is DLC focused. We already know Splatoon 3 Side Order is coming, but Pikmin 4 and Super Mario Bros Wonder DLC would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom