• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST6| It’s Prime Time For Some More Wonderful Speculation! (Spoiler Crowd, Remain In This Thread Until The Direct Ends!)

What Metroid Prime Games Are Showing Up At The Next Nintendo Direct?

• Metroid Prime 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 3! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2 and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• Metroid Prime 2, 3, and 4! I #trusttheprocess.

• No Numbered Games, But Something New And / Or Cool! I #trusttheprocess.

• I #trusttheprocess, but it will test us with nothing for now.

• The process has forsaken us and I have forsaken it.

• Only Metroid Prime Federation Force HD For Some Reason.

• Just A Random JPEG Of Sylux In HD.

• Nothing, Not Even Metroid Prime Pinball. Crocomire Is Still Dead. Just Endless Despair.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to get into Fire Emblem franchise with the remake of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. Heard many good things about that entry.

I know a lot of people want the next fire emblem to be good in both story and gameplay.
Sadly the next one won't be it. At least you'll get to use the best units in the entire series, Sigurd is so good that he makes Robin, Camilla, Edelgard and Dimitri look like chumps in comparison.

Last edited:
May not be that weird of a question, but something I’m curious about that you might be able to help with. Ever since Mario RPG remake got announced I wondered, why did they bring that game back instead of a classic Mario and Luigi/ Paper Mario? I mean think about it, Mario RPG is the oldest, and therefore would need the most modernization. It’s also partly owned by square, meaning that they have to get some of the games revenue. It just seems odd to me, amazing, yes, but odd.
Why would a random shareholder have this information?

hype-train-hype-train-activated.gif

Gonna be so honest, I have very low expectations for this Direct. Which is fine! I'm still excited, but I just got Zelda, Pikmin, we already know Wonder and Mario RPG are on the way. The last few Directs have been so me-focused, that I expect this one will have some stuff I'm not as into.

That said, if MP4 does finally show up (which at this point I don't expect), my tune will change very hard.

Was there ever any buzz about Switch getting a Dragon Quest VIII port?

I think I've finally convinced myself to start XIS, so that means the one I've wanted to play first (VIII) gets a new version immediately
That was 9 that Horii and a Level-5 guy were talking about bringing over the switch:

I'm not aware of any 8 buzz, would love to see it happen though. Stick with the Ps2 version's color palette and parchment menus but also bringing over the new 3DS content would be a dream come true.

I know a lot of people want the next fire emblem to be good in both story and gameplay.
Sadly the next one won't be it. At least you'll get to use the best units in the entire series, Sigurd is so good that he makes Robin, Camilla, Edelgard and Dimitri look like chumps in comparison.
Holy War has a great combo of gameplay and story, there's a reason it's one of the highest regarded games in the franchise. The only gameplay "issues" it has are primarily from the fact it's an SNES tactics rpg.

Saw someone on era make a summary of Grubb video so far

What he thinks/heard (so far):
  • Thinks Metroid Prime 2 Remastered could be there
  • He's heard in the past that the 3D Mario Team are working on a Donkey Kong game
  • He doesn't expect this Direct to be a massive E3 Tier Direct
Basically Grubb doesn’t know anything for the direct

I don't like shitting on three houses because I did like it(it's a remarkably consistent series for me, i've never played a Fire Emblem game I didn't like to be honest other than maybe Echoes which I dropped like 70-80% in due to not being able to stand the map design any more)

but Engage was way better, the gameplay honestly wasn't even close to me and those emblems people love complaining about the fanservice of were fun to use and really did add a lot to the gameplay

and honestly even the story while i'd agree that Three Houses was better in a vacuum there at least Engage doesn't have a million routes that share a bunch of maps with each other and as stupid as Alear looked they actually felt like a character instead of a empty nothing silent protagonist

HES CURRENTLY TALKING ABOUT UNITY, WHAT DID HE SAY ABOUT THE DIRECT SO FAR?
he and mike said at the top of the show that they'd both "guess" a direct will happen this week and something like "you can read into that what you want, but we bet you'll also see some other people online more blatantly "guessing" that there will be a direct this week".

It had a very "we're not outright saying we just got embargoed info right before we started, but we're not NOT saying that" kind of tone, imo.

Gonna be so honest, I have very low expectations for this Direct. Which is fine! I'm still excited, but I just got Zelda, Pikmin, we already know Wonder and Mario RPG are on the way. The last few Directs have been so me-focused, that I expect this one will have some stuff I'm not as into.

That said, if MP4 does finally show up (which at this point I don't expect), my tune will change very hard.
I think it’ll be fine, we will get a few things shown, most likely a shadow drop of a good game cube game. Leading us into start of next year, there’s already a few things to close out this year anyway.

Overall this year has been good and I’m looking forward to the Rest of it.

Holy War has a great combo of gameplay and story, there's a reason it's one of the highest regarded games in the franchise. The only gameplay "issues" it has are primarily from the fact it's an SNES tactics rpg.
Don't get me wrong, fe4 is my second favourite fire emblem and I adore it's gameplay story intergration and the way it plays, I just don't think most people who want tight map design will appreciate it, it's a bit like threehouses were building the characters is the engaging part in decision making and not playing the map itself. It's also a game were the modern quality of life features will be a god send and that's one of the reasons why I'm pretty hyped for this remake. I'm still hoping that the arcane pawn shop system is still in the game tho.

fire emblem, proper look at the peach game, a smash update, Dragon Quest 3 HD, something completely new
As much as I already love Dragon Quest 3 HD, I'd be flabbergasted if it was the big thing at a Direct taking up a Nintendo reveal spot, let alone the closer and that it wouldn't go over horrifically with Nintendo fans. Like I watched people get pissed at 11S every time it showed up despite being unreasonably excited about it myself, I watched them get mad at Hero in Smash... I don't really wanna watch them get made at 3 HD too and I imagine it'll be worse this time around since 3 HD is both a remake and potentially competing with a bunch of other games.

Smash Update... since when are we considering that as remotely possible? I don't think there's any indication Sakurai would has gone into major production from his individual updates and series, and there's no way Ultimate is getting content without him.

I don't like shitting on three houses because I did like it(it's a remarkably consistent series for me, i've never played a Fire Emblem game I didn't like to be honest other than maybe Echoes which I dropped like 70-80% in due to not being able to stand the map design any more)

but Engage was way better, the gameplay honestly wasn't even close to me and those emblems people love complaining about the fanservice of were fun to use and really did add a lot to the gameplay

and honestly even the story while i'd agree that Three Houses was better in a vacuum there at least Engage doesn't have a million routes that share a bunch of maps with each other and as stupid as Alear looked they actually felt like a character instead of a empty nothing silent protagonist
I don't care for Alear as a character, though at least why the cast slurped them was better justified in the narrative (Alear is a literal christ figure that has been worshiped for 1,000 years) compared to Byleth or Corrin.

I just hope the next mainline FE throws the self insert in the trash, or demotes them back to a supporting best friend role like Kris and Robin.

Yeah I don't agree with this in the slightest. I don't really feel like rewriting this so I'm just going to copy what I wrote about FE4 in a thread on the subject on the other site:
I honestly think it's terrible, a bottom three game in the series. The writing is overhyped and the gameplay is awful. Everything is a gigantic map where you spend most of your time moving multiple turns through dead space just so you can fight the next group of weak mooks shuffling at you in a square block. Anyone who isn't on a horse is borderline useless since the fight will probably be over before they can even get to the destination. The game also loves it's obnoxious Baron bosses on castles who have a skill that gives them a percentage chance to just negate all damage, particularly annoying if there's an optional objective like say a village that you can't get to in time to rescue because the game just decided that the boss blocking your path won't take any damage. I guess there's some fun in pairing people in the first generation, but it's not like this game has any supports that will make you care about the relationships, and gameplay-wise there's generally a few optimal pairings that you'll want to stick with.
As you can see I don't hold FE4 in very high regard to say the least. I'm just a sucker for FE, even in bad form, and I'm very curious to see how they handle all of this when taking into account modern gameplay sensibilities.

This Direct sounds either kinda lame (for me personally, just my opinion) or like most of it was actually kept secret.

I don’t want to sit there on Thursday afternoon and think about how FEBRUARY is our next chance to see Prime 4. Please let this be the one.

Wouldn't it just be lovely if they shadowdropped another Prime remaster? Just throw down Prime 2 on us this time. Keep that ball rolling until someday they decide to make Prime 4.

(Prime 4 reveal won't happen because Prime 4 doesn't exist nobody can prove it)

If FE4 remake and/or Metroid Prime 4 doesn't get a reveal at the September direct, I would blame Nintendo on revealing both Splatoon 3 Side Order and the Trace Memory DS and Wii remakes in the September direct.

I haven't played smash in years at this point. It was fun, but I was happy when it finally stopped being a lock-in for every direct. If there's new content, I hope it's a headline and not the opener/closer.

I liked what I played of both Three Houses and Engage decently enough (but that’s no surprise since I always enjoy Nintendo games), but they both have the same big issue for me—there’s too much to worry about!! To be fair Three Houses is naturally way worse about this considering the branching paths and whatnot, and I just wish the Fire Emblem games could be a bit simpler like Awakening was. That’s still the only Fire Emblem game that I’ve actually finished to completion (and it was my first Fire Emblem game, too). I’ve played all the others that have released since then (except Shadows of Valentia…I own it but never got around to playing it because I was so into the Switch at that point…) but I just haven’t been able to bring myself to actually finish them because they’re just so overwhelming and require so much thought and planning. I suppose that’s what many people like about those games, but it’s just too much to manage for me…

I can't see Smash being an opener or closer unless it's a new fighter pass, which is pretty unlikely.

I liked what I played of both Three Houses and Engage decently enough, but they both have the same big issue for me—there’s too much to worry about!! To be fair Three Houses is naturally way worse about this considering the branching paths and whatnot, and I just wish the Fire Emblem games could be a bit simpler like Awakening was. That’s still the only Fire Emblem game that I’ve actually finished to completion (and it was my first Fire Emblem game, too). I’ve played all the others since then (except Shadows of Valentia…I own it but never got around to playing it because I was so into the Switch at that point…) but I just haven’t been able to bring myself to actually finish them because they’re just so overwhelming and require so much thought and planning. I suppose that’s what many people like about those games, but it’s just too much to manage for me…
Hit up GBA emblem.

Yeah I don't agree with this in the slightest. I don't really feel like rewriting this so I'm just going to copy what I wrote about FE4 in a thread on the subject on the other site:

As you can see I don't hold FE4 in very high regard to say the least. I'm just a sucker for FE, even in bad form, and I'm very curious to see how they handle all of this when taking into account modern gameplay sensibilities.
Yeah that's just a nuclear hot take and I basically don't agree with anything you said. Fair enough if that's your experience, but it's an extreme outlier.

Tbh, if this direct ends with the reveal of metroid prime 4 it could be the most boring 40 minutes full of farming and cringe rpgs and it would still be lauded as the greatest direct ever, that’s how huge the hype for metroid prime 4 is.
A direct with fe4 remake, peach starring in a brand new game, splatoon 3 dlc, mk8 dlc, 2nd look at mario rpg and warioware, f-zero cringe, mario vs cringe, 3rd parties stuff and ending with prime 2 and 4 might actually be a pretty good direct.

I don't care for Alear as a character, though at least why the cast slurped them was better justified in the narrative (Alear is a literal christ figure that has been worshiped for 1,000 years) compared to Byleth or Corrin.

I just hope the next mainline FE throws the self insert in the trash, or demotes them back to a supporting best friend role like Kris and Robin.
Byleth has the goddess living in them which I think helps explain why all the characters are attached to them, even if the characters themselves don’t know why. I always believed that’s why both Edelgard and Dimitri in particular have a drastic fall in character if Byleth isn’t by their side in their respective routes.

With that said, I agree the series can take a break from the avatar characters.

Hit up GBA emblem.
I should get around to trying that someday, but I fear the lack of all the quality of life additions and improvements that Awakening brought to the series would also make it difficult for me to get into. I feel like Awakening was the perfect sweet spot and wish we’d get another entry more like that without all the bloat but with the quality of life updates and all.

Also, not being able to play The Binding Blade kinda turns me off to getting into The Blazing Blade, too.

I should get around to trying that someday, but I fear the lack of all the quality of life additions and improvements that Awakening brought to the series would also make it difficult for me to get into. I feel like Awakening was the perfect sweet spot and wish we’d get another entry more like that without all the bloat but with the quality of life updates and all.
Besides casual mode, I personally don't think you'll miss too much. And with NSO, you basically have that at the ready anyway

This Direct sounds either kinda lame (for me personally, just my opinion) or like most of it was actually kept secret.

I don’t want to sit there on Thursday afternoon and think about how FEBRUARY is our next chance to see Prime 4. Please let this be the one.
Ashen mentioned Prime 4's presence being a possibility in events between now and December, right? #TTP

5060.jpg

Someone catch me up on Smash stuff

Also doubt we see Prime 4 with Switch 2 around the corner. Feel like this direct is gonna be a lot of ports/remasters/remakes/small games like Mario vs Donkey Kong or whatever

Ashen mentioned Prime 4's presence being a possibility in events between now and December, right? #TTP

5060.jpg
As much as I want Ashen to be right, we have 3 issues here.

1: Ashen isn’t proven yet.
2: I really can’t see Prime 4 being at The Game Awards. I mean, I totally can, because Metroid fits the market of TGA very well. But, I personally would never believe that until I am looking at it with my own eyes.
3: Waiting until December still sucks.

I feel like if FE was going to be at this Direct we'd have heard something from one of the leakers by now or they'd be in the amiibo reprint. FE next year seems likely, but it's worth bearing in mind that SoV launched after the Switch; FE4R probably not a title that IntSys is rushing to release before Switch 2 or anything like that

Quoted by: Tab
Besides casual mode, I personally don't think you'll miss too much. And with NSO, you basically have that at the ready anyway
I don’t even use casual mode because I’m too stubborn, lol. But yeah, good point. Maybe I’ll try to check it out sometime, though I still want to try to beat the other Fire Emblem games eventually too ‘cause I do want to see the full stories and all. It’s just…such a huge commitment of time and mental energy… ._.

In a vacuum I wouldn't either

However since we know covid threw things into chaos, mixed with Three Houses itself already receiving a delay, I would be surprised if the plan had been something like this.

Original timeline

Three Houses - 2018
Engage - 2020 (30th anniversary)
Holy War Remake - 2022

We know from Nate and others Nintendo just sat on a finished Engage for awhile. If they've also been sitting on the FE4 remake, and 2024 is the year the Switch successor launches, the 3rd Switch Fire Emblem kinda HAS to come out next year. If we don't see it Thursday we likely see it in the February 2024 direct.
It also wouldn't surprise me if the FE4 remake was scheduled for 2021, and was also thrown off due to the pandemic. I realize it would of course be a quickish turnaround but hear me out.

2021 was the 25th anniversary of FE4's release in Japan. It wouldn't be the first time a remake was released on the 25th anniversary of the original title (Shadows of Valentia was released 25 years after the release of Gaiden, for example).

Though if the FE4 remake is released early next year, it'll be fitting as the original FE4 was released shortly before the release of the N64 in Japan.

Scenes when Oifey is the avatar and can romance anyone.

Though on a different note, I'm looking forward to seeing blind reactions to it. Particularly the end of a certain chapter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom