• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Persona 3 Remake skipping the Switch is actually a good thing, apparently it's better when Nintendo is struggling.

God, Atlus is by far the most frustrating company. I'm on high copuim thinking maybe Switch might get P3 Remake since for some reason, last year no one knew if P5 was coming to Switch but we did get it.

If you check Digital Foundry's report on Soul Hackers 2, it struggled really hard on Xbox One and PS4 and ran at sub-30fps. Soul Hackers 2 speaks to me as a game that they simply couldn't get running on Switch at all, considering the myriad of tech issues it had on last gen. If last gen had major issues, Switch would have had even worse issues.

yeah this is good news: we can't get a partner showcase if third parties are finally done with the switch
Not so fast, I need release date for my Level-5 games. I don't care if it's a 5 minute long Direct Micro, I need my 2023 dates!

yeah this is good news: we can't get a partner showcase if third parties are finally done with the switch
You the day this actually happens:

evil-defeated.gif

no need! I only point out it's been posted before so other readers don't feel like direct hype is slowly destroying their sanity
this happened a long time ago in a galaxy so close you might just be in it

edit: referring to sanity destruction

Call me skeptical, but I doubt P6 is revealed this year. There are only 6 months left-absolutely not enough time for atlus to do 7 teasers before finally revealing the title

My enthusiasm for remakes is low to begin with and certainly less so when we both have the game on the Switch already and this new remake seems unlikely to be definitive. While hopefully the Persona 3 Remake would include The Answer epilogue, I doubt it’ll have the female protagonist route. We were here last year where it didn’t seem Persona would come to Switch until it did, so not really worth being concerned about unless it doesn’t appear by September. If it didn’t I don’t think this game speaks to 3rd party support on Switch in any broad sense either.

The Direct update thing means something is coming within a month or so, but it could be anything, not necessarily a General. Hell, it could even be a Pokémon Direct.

The Direct update thing means something is coming within a month or so, but it could be anything, not necessarily a General. Hell, it could even be a Pokémon Direct.
we haven't had a direct branded pokemon presentation in a long time though

we haven't had a direct branded pokemon presentation in a long time though
Yeah they seem to avoid that, because a Direct would imply it's only Switch stuff.
Nintendo doesn't ever mix that with mobile games,
while the Pokemon company likes to talk about mobile games a lot.

Last edited:
Pokemon Directs are long dead, as soon as they wanted to feature mobile and other stuff it had to be rebranded to Pokemon Presents and is handled by TPC themselves.

I had a small hope yesterday they’d get the three planned Pikmin updates out quickly for the website, but with that dream dead and with us now in the heart of SGF, I don’t think we’ll see any more Nintendo news this week which is sad.

The next two weeks ahead though have always been the most interesting and possible for a Direct this month. Saving my speculation energy for them.

At least we have potentially the last goofy FF7R2 Q&A tweet to enjoy in 30 minutes lol.

We do need an update for those DLC expansions if they're really coming this year. It's June already and not a single screenshot is shared by the devs.
Probably because they can't get the game to load the dlc area without crashing :p

That's Pokemon Presents stuff though, it can be July/August for that one, who knows.
I think the only way we'd see that in a Direct is if it was like with the Sword and Shield expansion pass when that closed a Direct for some reason.
Nintendo really seemed to scramble to show anything at that time.

Nope, the first reveal came with an in game trailer. Showed how the first of the DLC's was open world like Wild Zone. As of now, we don't know how SV expansion looks like.
That's true, but I think we could be a while longer before seeing anything.

I'm prepared to be underwhelmed in exciting and unique ways at a tweet that will tell me nothing about the game.
For real, those colored passages highlight such random text bits in some of them, they also really break the flow the sentence.
I don't know if it's the translation are those quotes are just hollow and bad in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom