• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating boards are pretty tight lipped nowadays. Could you spare some leaks, my good sir? One Piece Odyssey port? Sonic Adventure Collection? Castlevania PS2 Collection? Dissidia Duodecim remastered?
We get the Switch version of session skate leak thanks to a game store

Full disclosure: I joined Team January not because I expect a General Direct in January; rather, I expect a TotK Direct in January and no significant Direct in February. So I just voted for Team January because I figure it will have something, while February has nothing.

To my fellow members of #TeamJanuary, I beg you: please do not hate me simply because I am different. We share the same ideals; I simply exercise them in a different way.
i still feel like the zelda direct would be arround 12th april since they like to do oriented direct one month prior to release.
but we will probably get the story trailer during the next direct

i still feel like the zelda direct would be arround 12th april since they like to do oriented direct one month prior to release.
but we will probably get the story trailer during the next direct
I agree.
They won’t waiting till April to do the first real trailer of totk.
Tbh I expect that by Feb 15th we will have seen the trailer

YLp-tH.gif
Muscle March!!! This was one of the best and fun Wiiware games :p

Does someone have hope for today?
Idk… I’m trying to remember if Nintendo has ever done a direct the week before a big release.
But idk why I kinda feel that something will drop this week. Maybe only a trailer for FE tho

Thinking about it, we could get a new trailer for Kirby this week.
3D World + Bowser's Fury was a similiar situation, announced in September and released in February, with it getting a second trailer in January.

Thinking about it, we could get a new trailer for Kirby this week.
3D World + Bowser's Fury was a similiar situation, announced in September and released in February, with it getting a second trailer in January.
Shouldn’t we have also a last trailer for FE Engage tho? Do we expect it next week maybe?

Does someone have hope for today?
Idk… I’m trying to remember if Nintendo has ever done a direct the week before a big release.
But idk why I kinda feel that something will drop this week. Maybe only a trailer for FE tho
Today or tomorrow. I’m leaning more towards tomorrow guessing they’ll want a day to get ready following a holiday, but they’ve had stuff right after holidays iirc. 1.5 hours to Tweeting Time!

The February direct should have at least one big or biggish game to announce for the second half of the year. I'm hoping for a Donkey Kong, but I could see a 2D Mario. Or Metroid Prime 4, if we are lucky. I don't see any other candidate to carry what is likely to be the last holiday period of the Switch.

I think that the next 3D Mario will be revealed as a flagship of the next console, and that could be shown during the E3 period along with TOTK+DLC more beautiful than ever in 4K.

I dunno, I‘m on Team January, but to be honest I lost sny hope. I don’t feel anything in January is happening, I think after the Release of FE Engesge would be the earliest to happen anything.

After seeing Sakurai video on Kirby Air Ride I can see releasing a remaster of GameCube title by early 2024. Kirby its an annual IP, its always getting 1 title with a physical release each year.

Lets think in positive; we are getting news on TOTK this quarter yes or yes, no matter if there is new HW or not.

The longer we will wait for the Direct, the more I will believe in the new console this year.

Wouldn't the opposite make more sense? Nintendo dishes out a Direct as early as possible but without announcing much outside of additional Q1/2 2023 stuff.

February 26th is the safe date
Well, yes and no, I'd say it's the latest it can happen. Keep in mind that the SwSh's Expansion Pass was announced in a Presents on January 9th.

Edit: Obviously it could go either way, and maybe they want to go all in on that Pokémon Day synergy, but it's not like we have any insight on what TPC is thinking.

I'm very much looking forward to the Metroid Prime 4 years later development update video on Wednesday January 25th.
An update about Metroid Prime 4 developpement YTP
Shinya Takahashi appears.
- We have a nun announcement about a nun in Memetroid Prime Fof.
Samus appears and speaks :
- lol, sus.
Back to Takahashi :
- Thank you for your patience.

Wouldn't the opposite make more sense? Nintendo dishes out a Direct as early as possible but without announcing much outside of additional Q1/2 2023 stuff.
I honestly don't think the games between now and may needs a big direct. FE is coming next week, Kirby is a remake, Bayonetta Origins is a spin-off.. the only one that needs a proper Direct/big contents is Zelda TOTK, and I'm sure info are coming soon. If there are more unannounced games for next months, I don't expect something big.

Console announcement + Direct with the games coming in june-december would be a big yes, but that's me

Well, yes and no, I'd say it's the latest it can happen. Keep in mind that the SwSh's Expansion Pass was announced in a Presents on January 9th.
I would be happy to have something now! Last years they used a lot the Pokémon Day (gen 9 was announced in this day even if it was a Sunday), let's see!

I honestly expect a mid-late February Direct with some updated on TotK and other summer-fall games but nothing crazy, if Nintendo is releasing new hardware on spring 2024 (or so I expect) I can see them saving all the big titles for the 2024 January reveal event.

I honestly expect a mid-late February Direct with some updated on TotK and other summer-fall games but nothing crazy, if Nintendo is releasing new hardware on spring 2024 (or so I expect) I can see them saving all the big titles for the 2024 January reveal event.
Q1 is going to be a very important Direct for me because if it suggests that Nintendo is winding things down until 2024 I'm going to try to stop following this stuff for my sanity

Is that the last time they did something with leadership on stage? I remember Kimishima doing the trademark snap and how confident he looked about Switch.
It is, maybe for apart people like Takahashi appearing at Tencent event when Switch was launching in China.

You'll be back

They always come back
I totally would but I have to try to take a step back if the rumors are true and everything will be quiet for a year

edit: or much longer if the drake chip is really shelved and a replacement is in development

Q1 is going to be a very important Direct for me because if it suggests that Nintendo is winding things down until 2024 I'm going to try to stop following this stuff for my sanity
Even if we just get a Mini there’s no reason to believe any crazy winding down. Nintendo sets up the remainder of H1, beginning the Zelda marketing cycle, and then once that’s out, in June, they give us the rest of the year. It’s happened before, and it can happen again (although I am starting to believe a late 2024 release for the new console)

We will have Zelda on May and potentially Pikmin in summer, 2023 may not be the biggest year for Switch releases but TotK will keep us busy for a long time (also lots of non-Nintendo games this year if you are into other systems).

Last edited:
Even if we just get a Mini there’s no reason to believe any crazy winding down. Nintendo sets up the remainder of H1, beginning the Zelda marketing cycle, and then once that’s out, in June, they give us the rest of the year. It’s happened before, and it can happen again (although I am starting to believe a late 2024 release for the new console)
nah, here's how it goes for me

if we get a mini in january I'll wait and see if there's anything in march

if we get a full direct with mostly old games from nintendo or few games in general I think I can put the two together and check out

having the discipline to change my habit of reading this stuff will be a big challenge but I don't want to watch the platform slowly dry up as is rumored

We will gave Zelda on may and potentially Pikmin in summer, 2023 may not be the biggest year for Switch releases but TotK will keep us busy for a long time (also lots of non-Nintendo games this year if you are into other systems).
I agree that even on a dying switch the games will be fine, they're always fine

I'd even be satisfied with an old shit year

it's this forum thing I'm worried about

Message for Team January:
People say you have to have a lot of passion for what you've doing and it's totally true and the reason is - because it's so hard that if you don't, any rational person would give up. So if you don't love it, if you are not having fun doing it, you don't really love it, you're gonna give up and that's what happens to most people actually. - Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom