• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think it's those 2 I don't think they would hide tweets like this.
zAlEQ7P.png

Another guess is that its the PaintBrush person on Reddit as they didn't post anything on there this year lot of stuff they have leaked so far seems to come from YouTube like The_Snitch.

It's not just different tones, it's different MOs entirely. The whole point of Waddle Dee was that there was no inside information actually being used, it was just every prediction with the wrong ones deleted. Sylux on the other hand does share actual info
That's the thing. WaddleDee showed how the fakers do it, while Sylux showed how it's really done. Perfect pairing.

fwiw nate would be my second guess, especially with the shoutout sylux gave
See, the back and forth between them convinces me it's not Nate. If he had a Dark Nate alt account I don't think he'd be using it to then give himself shoutouts, that seems.. kinda tacky? I dunno.

Or maybe he knew people would assume that and therefore he did the shoutouts to throw us off the trail? 🤔

Or maybe deep down Nate is tacky. 🤷‍♂️

sorry to talk about you like you're not here, Nate. this stuff between you and Sylux just cracks me up 😅

Nate: Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?

Sylux Hunter: Well it's me of course!

Samus Hunter: Whats up ya'll?

two gimmick insider accounts specifically created to shit on samushunter created on the same day and you doubt they're connected?
I mean I don't see why he would make two on the same day, use one immediately, then only start using the other one (in a completely different way) later, and after he'd already admitted to doing it with the first account

Again, it's not out of the realm of possibility, but how often do people really make multiple alts at once? I would think that if, say, he did the Waddle Dee stunt, then thought of a new way to fuck with SamusHunter, that's when he'd make the second account

But constructed narrative aside - the accounts being made on the same day could very easily be a boring coincidence. With no other evidence at all, you can't deny that's a strong possibility

I liked the character Syluxhunter created at first, but I think that the account is too hostile towards fake leakers lately. No leaks, no predictions or opinions, just insulting other people... I don't like that.

I liked the character Syluxhunter created at first, but I think that the account is too hostile towards fake leakers lately. No leaks, no predictions or opinions, just insulting other people... I don't like that.
Yeah I definitely prefer for leakers to be friendly and chill

yeah. seems a little too obsessed with that markomaro guy when the majority knows hes a liar already. doesn't even do the hunter personality thing anymore. just dunks on fake leaks

yeah. seems a little too obsessed with that markomaro guy when the majority knows hes a liar already. doesn't even do the hunter personality thing anymore. just dunks on fake leaks
Well. They were really after Samus Hunter for the longest time. I even brought it up how hostile they were a while back to them.

Everyone here is clearly thinking about this the wrong way. Nate isn’t Sylux, but rather Sylux is Nate.

He’s been hiding behind that alternate persona for years, but he’s finally revealed himself to the world as a real person, not just a video game character.

I would actually really love to have a second screen for at-a-glance maps or inventory screens or stuff like that, but my consoles are set up so far away I wouldn't really be able to see it.. Maybe if the second screen was in my hand, as part of the controller?
This should be a use case of the NSO phone app. Real time inventory/markable maps. I could actually make this app worthwhile for Nintendo. I will give you the ideas Nintendo, if you will give me a SwUtch.

Don't think we have any podcasts for the week yet. I also think the man should be scared of Nintendo rumours. He lost his hair from the last big one.
To be honest, he later explained the Wind Waker + Twilight Princess HD one wasn't really one he was too confident in but decided to just go along with because it was too late to back out.
As for Metroid, I firmly believe Nintendo delayed it's announcement to spite Jeff Grub.

Do we actually gain anything out of knowing who SyluxHunter is? We're not gonna get extra info out of it*, and might lose a seemingly decently accurate leaker. I'd say the mystery is better left as it is; maybe they just really like the LARP.

* Unless of course we use this information to blackmail them into revealing their secrets in an elaborate ploy. I don't personally support this idea. This post is a parody for the purpose of comedy.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Tanabe implied in prior interviews that:

1. He'd like to implement a time component in a future Prime game.

and

2. Sylux is a character worth exploring.

(I'm paraphrasing, of course. But still!)

Here's what you're talking about:

"The stories of Dark Samus and Phazon are done now," he confirmed, before adding that the series would still focus on other Prime-series elements.

Tanabe also considered the cliffhanger tease at the end of Corruption wrapped up too. The mysterious ship that tailed Samus at the end of the game is actually a character from Metroid Prime: Hunters, tying that spin-off into the main sub-series.

"So it was Sylux, another hunter from Metroid Prime Hunters at the end of Metroid Prime 3. Personally I'd like to create a story centring around Sylux and Samus," he said.

"We've done a story based on the Hunters, and this time around we're doing a story on the Galactic Federation," he added, referring to his new 3DS game. "I would like to cross the two over in the future. And of course see a little more of Samus."

"Instead of broadening it to more planets I would have one and would focus on the timeline, and being able to change that. That's one interesting idea I have in mind... but I understand many people thought that [Echoes] was too difficult."

Plus, I'm pretty sure Tanabe implied in prior interviews that:

1. He'd like to implement a time component in a future Prime game.

and

2. Sylux is a character worth exploring.

(I'm paraphrasing, of course. But still!)

Here's what you're talking about:

Yep.

When I learned that Tanabe was part of the teams behind Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, it was no surprise to me that he bought the Light/Dark World concept back for Metroid Prime, nor was teasing the possibility of time travel in a future game.

I keep saying that if they ever wanted to bring about a "split timeline" between mainstream and Prime, so that each series could continue on their own respective paths and not interfere with the other, that'd be more than fine by me!

Yep.

When I learned that Tanabe was part of the teams behind Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, it was no surprise to me that he bought the Light/Dark World concept back for Metroid Prime, nor was teasing the possibility of time travel in a future game.

I keep saying that if they ever wanted to bring about a "split timeline" between mainstream and Prime, so that each series could continue on their own respective paths and not interfere with the other, that'd be more than fine by me!
I actually hadn't considered a "split timeline," but that could be interesting! I was sorta picturing a game with a "time fracture" where different places and enemies from Samus' past and future are unleashed.

Didn't know where else to share these but I was daydreaming about what Gameboy Color / Gameboy Advance / Nintendo DS could look like on NSO. Considering that each console announcement has been announced alongside a hardware peripheral, I imagined what those could look like for Nintendo's classic portable consoles!!

Would love to know what you all think. I think the one that stumped me the most was Gameboy Advance, but I preferred to keep the controller to scale (although how it attaches I'll leave to the imagination.

zMS1FnT.png

mSFY0n1.png

ZxIyq00.png

Last edited:
I actually hadn't considered a "split timeline," but that could be interesting! I was sorta picturing a game with a "time fracture" where different places and enemies from Samus' past and future are unleashed.
No reason this "crisis" couldn't start out that way~!

After all, gotta find SOME way to get Ridley in there...

Nintendo, we humble Team January devotees are graciously awaiting your imminent announcements and have prepared many a meme, shit posts, and told-you-so posts. We look forward to your announcement of announcements within the next 3 weeks.

Didn't know where else to share these but I was daydreaming about what Gameboy Color / Gameboy Advance / Nintendo DS could look like on NSO. Considering that each console announcement has been announced alongside a hardware peripheral, I imagined what those could look like for Nintendo's classic portable consoles!!

Would love to know what you all think. I think the one that stumped me the most was Gameboy Advance, but I preferred to keep the controller to scale (although how it attaches I'll leave to the imagination.

zMS1FnT.png

mSFY0n1.png

ZxIyq00.png
Ok I love this, ESPECIALLY the DS one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom