• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The bot caught the vouchers. I'm really happy with this thing.
He is like the Fami version of Nintendo Ninjas. He is Belly Ninja.

AliveFelineIslandcanary-size_restricted.gif
....shit 😅

seems like there are either two version (unlikely) or you can transform the Dekutree into two forms. One that looks like from BOTW and one OOT.
Maybe this could be some kind of spoiler for the game?

edit: seems i was right
translation from promobricks.de who is the source of this leak.

Let's move on to a set that will probably please many video game fans. Ever since it became known that LEGO had entered into a major partnership with Nintendo, many people have wanted one or more sets for The Legend of Zelda. As the current LEGO leak shows, one such set is already in development at the Danish company.

It is the legendary Deku tree - and even as a 2-in-1 set! The tree can be built in the design of the Ocarina of Time game with green leaves and in the style of Breath of the Wild with predominantly pink leaves. The design of the tree itself also differs fundamentally, so that the leaves are not simply replaced, but the tree has to be built from scratch if you decide to use the other version.

In both cases, however, the tree stands on a black base comparable to the sets of the Diorama Collection, and a tile with a Zelda print is attached to the front. The minifigures included are Link in a green outfit and with mid-length legs, based on his appearance from Ocarina of Time, and Link and Zelda with normal legs and blue outfits, as in Breath of the Wild. In the BotW version of the tree, Maronus can also be built from the parts.

Parts: 1920

Price range: 200 to 325 US dollars

Most likely price: 250 US dollars

I'm just excited to see the new epic Deku Tree dungeon shown in the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom trailer. ;)

So cool that Hestu can be built from extra tree parts when building the BotW, but is otherwise built into the Tree in the OOT build.

The leaked Lego Zelda Set:
Both trees are part of the same set, you can build the OoT version or the BotW

There are others sets leaked like Simba, Maleficent, Gotham, X Mansion, a medieval city, Donald duck, the tower of sauron, etc

Last edited:
Jeff said he wouldn't be surprised if it's late next week, 7th already seemed unlikely, Friday is unlikely, so it seems patterns would suggest the 8th, but Grubbs comment for late in the week (which seems speculative), suggests the 9th.

I think it's the 8th personally.

Jeff said he wouldn't be surprised if it's late next week, 7th already seemed unlikely, Friday is unlikely, so it seems patterns would suggest the 8th, but Grubbs comment for late in the week (which seems speculative), suggests the 9th.

I think it's the 8th personally.
I think he just said "later in the week" because he said "the week of the 6th" and didn't want anyone to think he was saying it's coming on the 6th lol. Grubby boy has been very cautious talking about Nintendo stuff because talking about them caused him to lose his lovely locks lmao.

It's not a good idea to post direct link images of Lego leaks. Lego may go after the site. If there's an indirect link (tweet or instagram) that would be much better.
I mean... a DMCA takedown notice is probably the worst that could happen, and that's not exactly a death sentence. The post would just have to be deleted or edited by a mod in that case.

I mean... a DMCA takedown notice is probably the worst that could happen, and that's not exactly a death sentence. The post would just have to be deleted or edited by a mod in that case.
Yeah, it's better to be safe than sorry. Lego sued one of the sites who just shared one of leaks and they were not the source at all.

Yeah, it's better to be safe than sorry. Lego sued one of the sites who just shared one of leaks and they were not the source at all.
Was it a blog? Because blogs are publishers of their own content, which makes them liable for it, whereas forums and similar websites don't have liability for content uploaded by users (as long as they comply with good-faith DMCA takedowns).

Also, in the event there was a liability issue, embedding an Instagram post wouldn't really be any different from a direct image hotlink.

About those Zelda LEGO Leaks…
Hey folks! As exciting as the Zelda LEGO sets are, please do not directly post images of them. LEGO is apparently quite swift and uncaring when it comes to takedowns and potential legal action, and we’d rather not have that happen to us. If you can post the images via a link to another website, or Twitter/Instagram embed, that’s OK, but please refrain from simply embedding an image.

-Derachi, Josh5890, Red Monster

Hey folks! As exciting as the Zelda LEGO sets are, please do not directly post images of them. LEGO is apparently quite swift and uncaring when it comes to takedowns and potential legal action, and we’d rather not have that happen to us. If you can post the images via a link to another website, or Twitter/Instagram embed, that’s OK, but please refrain from simply embedding an image.

But for the record, I really want the Rivendell one that I saw earlier.

On a cursory search, I can't find any news about Lego suing someone over leaks. But if you're concerned about the DMCA part, I don't think Twitter/Instagram embeds are meaningfully different from a direct image embed. Either way, Famiboards is not hosting the content, but it is displaying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom