• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Launching Prime 1 4-8 months before Prime 4 is a perfectly fine marketing strategy, I don't see any issue with that. I've always assumed Prime 1 was being held specifically to serve as a marketing tool for Prime 4, so they wouldn't announce it until they could reveal Prime 4.

Also pretty sure there was more than 1 linkedin post suggesting Retro staff had worked on new projects.

No, 4 months is not a reasonable amount of time at all.

I would be pretty shocked at less than 9 months and expect 12-15 months.

What mid tier sales franchise has released two same genre games at $60 within 6 months of each other in the last... Decade?

Last edited:
Give me a substantial TotK showing and either Prime HD/2D Mario/DK and I'm happy. F-Zero would be cool too, but I have no nostalgia for the franchise. TotK, Prime HD, and Prime 4 (or any two of the non-TotK) would surpass my expectations.

No, 4 months is not a reasonable amount of time at all.

I would be pretty shocked at less than 9 months and expect 12-15 months.

What mid tier sales franchise has released two same genre games at $60 within 6 months of each other in the last... Decade?
hell, nintendo even paces their (significant) DLC out 3/4 - 1 full year later

TOTK info

Mainline Mario or DK

some fan favorite remaster/remake/sequel like F-Zero

———

that’s my dream Direct and I think it’s reasonable expectations

I just want to be honest for a moment and say that I love this community and I cherish the time I spend here more than I do the Directs themselves.

I miss Nate.
I know with the harassment he gets after he says anything really it has to be annoying and not worth it, but did I miss something happening after the last direct where he no longer will hint at anything? I kinda take a break here from September to January lol

I just looked in the eShop and there now are bundles for New Horizons + DLC and Mario Kart + DLC in the recent releases tab, maybe a sign 0 0

Edit: Ah I see it’s been mentionned.

Recording tomorrow night.
Looking forward to listening to it Nate. I've really enjoyed the more frequent cadence of your podcasts recently, especially your insights/opinions on Xbox. I appreciate its hard to juggle this stuff on top of personal commitments, so just a big thanks for the regular output.

the real direct was the predictions we made along the way

In other words, don't believe anything Nintendo says. Only believe the word of your fellow famimembers.

I hope MS is losing the rights to Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon because Nintendo bought them and reveal a Mistwalker Mega Pack in Direct along with The Last Story. Oh, I'm already drooling over it.

I hope MS is losing the rights to Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon because Nintendo bought them and reveal a Mistwalker Mega Pack in Direct along with The Last Story. Oh, I'm already drooling over it.
Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey would be so awesome on Switch!

beyond-belief-jonathan-frakes.gif

I can definitely see Nintendo releasing Prime Remake and 4 this year, or at least in the same fiscal year. I'm not really concerned or convinced that releasing them close to one another would be problematic in some shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom