• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Nintendo intentionally set up their release schedule to have two FPS Metroid games releasing within a couple months though?

If you can release Metroid Prime 1 Remake at any time after September 2021, the worst time to do so would seem to be like 5 months prior to the release of Prime 4, lol.
Someone less lazy about image editing than I am should redo this as a Metroid release calendar

wthk.jpg

Hahaha stupid Team January. You all lost again. I can't believe you, you fall into the same trap year after year after year.

When I'm in need of a good laugh, I hop on Fami and filter results to "January" so I can chuckle at you all. When will you all begin to understand that your level of passion doesn't make you brave, it makes you foolish.

Full disclosure: I joined Team January not because I expect a General Direct in January; rather, I expect a TotK Direct in January and no significant Direct in February. So I just voted for Team January because I figure it will have something, while February has nothing.

To my fellow members of #TeamJanuary, I beg you: please do not hate me simply because I am different. We share the same ideals; I simply exercise them in a different way.

^^^This post was actually from my 6-year-old little brother when I wasn't looking. He must have gotten my computer password again, lol

Work has really been taking a toll on my mental health lately. 9a-anywhere between 9pm and midnight every day for the past 3 weeks. Starting to get antsy about how I could even consider settling down anytime soon when I can barely have a life to begin with :(

I could really use a direct to break up the bad vibes. Sorry for the downer statement, y'all.

Hahaha stupid Team January. You all lost again. I can't believe you, you fall into the same trap year after year after year.

When I'm in need of a good laugh, I hop on Fami and filter results to "January" so I can chuckle at you all. When will you all begin to understand that your level of passion doesn't make you brave, it makes you foolish.

^^^This post was actually from my 6-year-old little brother when I wasn't looking. He must have gotten my computer password again, lol

Yeah, um my cat must've jumped on my keyboard and typed in my username and password and joined team January without my knowledge.

Jk I joined team January for a good time not a long time.

The worst thing about these rumors is that Switch will have a ton of great games released all year long that are going to draw this stigma of not being important/major. In 2023 Switch will see

Remasters of the (arguably) best Rune Factory game and one of the most unique Story of Seasons games (3 and A Wonderful Life!

A first time localized remaster of a classic horror game (Fatal Frame 4)

Sequels to beloved indie games (Silksong and Oxenfree 2)

Same day multiplatform Japanese titles (Raincode, Ryza 3, Trails Into Reverie)

Same day or slightly delayed ports of western titles (Gollum, Minecraft Legends, that Terf's game)

Promising new indie games day 1 with other platforms (Metal Slug Tactics, Sea of Stars, Mina The Hollower)

But none of that will matter because a line up of Pikmin 4, Prime 1 Remake, a gc remaster or two, Everybody's 1-2 Switch, and major dlc for many of 2022's biggest games aren't "sexy" announcements.

Ah but it is you who is the fool, Team January is far too used to losing to be affected by such a minor setback

Even in loss, Team January always wins

The worst thing about these rumors is that Switch will have a ton of great games released all year long that are going to draw this stigma of not being important/major. In 2023 Switch will see

Remasters of the (arguably) best Rune Factory game and one of the most unique Story of Seasons games (3 and A Wonderful Life!

A first time localized remaster of a classic horror game (Fatal Frame 4)

Sequels to beloved indie games (Silksong and Oxenfree 2)

Same day multiplatform Japanese titles (Raincode, Ryza 3, Trails Into Reverie)

Same day or slightly delayed ports of western titles (Gollum, Minecraft Legends, that Terf's game)

Promising new indie games day 1 with other platforms (Metal Slug Tactics, Sea of Stars, Mina The Hollower)

But none of that will matter because a line up of Pikmin 4, Prime 1 Remake, a gc remaster or two, Everybody's 1-2 Switch, and major dlc for many of 2022's biggest games aren't "sexy" announcements.
Possibly, but so much depends on the Direct. All this could be null and void come next week.

And I don’t think it’s going to be that bad anyway, simply because Zelda is a thing. If TotK is even remotely close to the phenomenon that BOTW was it’ll carry the year easily on the “big AAA hardcore” front

Next week makes sense right? Nate wouldn't be doing a predictions episode if it could drop any second, however if he had heard it was next week it makes sense to make sure it's recorded this week.

It's crazy that we are going to see the sequel to one of the best games Nintendo has put out in recent memory next week.

Ever Oasis 2.

Finally have time to post here and also caught up reading the thread. Was super fun in the morning counting down with everyone until the site crashed from all the hype. Never returned for me before I went to bed.

In that brief shining moment as we all refreshed and broke the site, truly we were all united as Team January. None of us divided could break the site with hype and anticipation, but together we made a glorious impact together. As the month closes out in a few hours, remember to keep the January spirit burning in your heart forever. We need that energy for the year ahead. Excited for the Direct coming soon in the next nine days or whatever. The smoke with the updated ids, the retail listings, and the voucher leak are still here heralding the imminent arrival of a Direct. It’s gonna be awesome!

Are we gonna ignore Nate's "nine(!)" comment? I feel like that was a hint for the 9th. But it's either the 8th or the 9th, so we've only got one less than a week left. Exciting times.

Honestly if 2D Mario and Donkey Kong release this year, alongside Tears and Pikmin 4? I think this will be a pretty great year for the Switch

If Metroid Prime remake actually exists and revealed in the direct , come May Nintendo makes mention of a next gen device with more details coming at a later date and then Pikmin 4 in the fall, this year will be a win win to me

Jeff Grubb said on his stream he's hearing the week of February 6th.
Hell yeah. I hope it's Wednesday the 8th so I don't have any interfering work meetings, but if it's the 9th, I should be able to let my interns leave the zoom early :)

A imminent Direct was guaranteed when the Vouchers returning leaked last night and it wasn't announced on Twitter this morning. Nintendo would have announced it early if they weren't waiting on something.

This also makes another NSO announcement likely. Probably either Everybody's 1-2 Switch as an NSO game or Gameboy games.

The ESA partnered with ReedPop last year to revive E3, which has not had a physical event since 2019. IGN understands that Nintendo and Xbox were initially interested in having a presence at the event, but that both had to pull out for reasons unrelated to the show itself. VGC has since reported that Nintendo opted not to take part in the event due to a light second half release schedule not justifying the event space — information that IGN can corroborate.

spongebob-squarepants-spongebob.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom