• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Indieszero release TWO games in ONE year? If Rhythm Heaven is co-developed then we might hear about it this year

I don't want a Animal Crossing Spin-off I want the missing legacy content for New Horizons, and new content alongside it.

Uhh, I know this probably means nothing, but Animal Crossing New Horizons just jumped to number one featured game on the e-shop. Last time I remember this happening was with Pikmin 3 in September, and we all know what happened after that.

Edit: DK Tropical Freeze is also on the featured page now, but it's much lower and might be related to the Mario Movie.
Jeez, I remember that!! Wish it meant some AC announcement being imminent. And DK too!
Nintendo's handling of Animal Crossing: New Horizons has to be the biggest tragedy in gaming. They didn't even add all of the datamined stuff before just plain giving up.
I agree I guess. It's wild to me how their 40 million selling game got just one paid DLC the following year of its release, with 1.5 year of support and then... Nothing.
They only started doing DLC for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 5 years after its release and Animal Crossing New Leaf only got its Welcome amiibo expansion 4 years after launch, so I wouldn't say it's impossible for them to go back with their word and announce new content for ACNH this year or next.

I do believe they'll make a remake next tho, between New Horizons and the next mainline entry. It will take forever to come and they don't want the franchise to cool down, I think a remake of the first game can be a good way to keep the pacing.

Nintendo maintained a pretty regular beat for Animal Crossing in the last decade despite the lengthy gap between mainline games:

2012/13 - New Leaf (3DS), Plaza (Wii U)
2015 - Happy Home Designer (3DS), Amiibo Festival (Wii U)
2016 - Welcome Amiibo (3DS)
2017 - Pocket Camp (mobile)
2020 - New Horizons (Switch)
2021 - Happy Home Paradise (Switch)

I don't think Nintendo will allow too long to pass without some form of spin-off; but I also wonder to what extent New Horizons' success caught them off guard and changed their plans for the series. Sure, they'd want to capitalise on it in some sense, but perhaps the focus or scope of what they want to do with the series changed.

But yeah. Animal Crossing is in my lengthy Possibles list for 2023, in some form.

Last edited:
Nintendo maintained a pretty regular beat for Animal Crossing in the last decade despite the lengthy gap between mainline games:

I don't think Nintendo will allow too long to pass without some form of spin-off; but I also wonder to what extent New Horizons' success caught them off guard and changed their plans for the series. Sure, they'd want to capitalise on it in some sense, but perhaps the focus or scope of what they want to do with the series changed.

But yeah. Animal Crossing is in my lengthy Possibles list for 2023, in some form.
Animal crossing Gamecube remaster

Animal Crossing Backyard Brawl

I remember well when Zippo said Paper Mario Origami King was going to have a battle system like first 2 games.

Zippo’s claims are 5% leaks , 95% speculation.

I would wait until Emily or Nate says something.
Just relaying where the 2D thing came from.

Still waiting for an Animal Crossing where you have to investigate a murder
EROcubOWAAYm24O.jpg

I just wonder how a 2D Donkey Kong by EPD will differ from Retro's games. Will it be something different like Jungle Beat?

I would put 1,000 hours in a remaster of the GameCube Animal Crossing game, and I know if Raccoon were here he'd say the same. Every month Tom Nook held a lottery and the prizes were shit and you still felt great for stuffing your basement full of tickets.
Yep, absolutely.

I'd love an AC Gamecube remaster. I really miss the feel of the first two games. A dream AC game for me would a mish-mash of the villager interaction, atmosphere, and music quality of the first game, the extra dialogue for important npcs of the second, mini-games and places to go outside of the village from NL (not just small islands, though), the decorating and terraforming from NH, and some fun things to do with villagers so that it feels like you actually live in a community.

If we get any Animal Crossing game remastered, it better be New Leaf. I have no interest in being bullied by video game characters.

Direct announcement tonight and airing this Friday(I'm talking Japan time of course). This time I really believe in January!

If we get anything this week, it'll be tomorrow before or around noon for sure. Let's see what happens.

You guys are in for a long month if you think we're getting a Direct any time before the 20th.

Look if we get a good show of any kind this month I’ll be happy. I’m mostly defeated after the rumors/news around a hardware cancellation lol

Why is anyone even speculating about the timeframe? We know there's a Direct coming in January. Whether it's January 4 or January 365, it will be during January. We should only be speculating about the games to be shown.

Happy New Year, fami!!

I've been off the grid for a while, would anyone care to catch me up on any exciting Direct or hardware rumors I may have miss-

Look if we get a good show of any kind this month I’ll be happy. I’m mostly defeated after the rumors/news around a hardware cancellation lol
okay what the fuck is this

Happy New Year, fami!!

I've been off the grid for a while, would anyone care to catch me up on any exciting Direct or hardware rumors I may have miss-

:)

I’ll let somebody else tackle it - probably a summary about it somewhere.

It came from John Linneman, and was somewhat corroborated by Nate here. It’s not a rock solid rumor yet, as in a lot in the future hardware thread are questioning the validity or at least the specifics of it.

Happy New Year, fami!!

Long story short. Digital foundry made a comment on it that the switch pro got canned, Nate commented that he heard something similar and planned to do a podcast about it. There was also some hate against Nate around that time as well,

:)

I’ll let somebody else tackle it - probably a summary about it somewhere.

It came from John Linneman, and was somewhat corroborated by Nate here. It’s not a rock solid rumor yet, as in a lot in the future hardware thread are questioning the validity or at least the specifics of it.
My saddest Yeah! ever. Crossing every finger and appendage on my body that this isn't the case. We need alternative hardware imo

If anybody has any easy links to significant posts about this topic so that I could get somewhat caught up to speed, that would be really clutch. I'm going to be in major copium mode with this rumor.
Nate said he would try to get a podcasts within the next week or so if timing works out, but that may not always work out according to him so you may not have to wait long

My saddest Yeah! ever. Crossing every finger and appendage on my body that this isn't the case. We need alternative hardware imo
Nate intends on covering his findings eventually - soon ish?

John was responding to a user question, saying there was a mid-gen refresh planned, and that it’s been cancelled. Separately he says he does not expect something to come in 2023. Rich had no strong opinion on a date, and simply said he hopes something does come this year.

Happy New Year, fami!!

Tagging so as to not potentially detail by dredging all this back up:
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom