• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't accept the idea of Switch dying without releasing the 1-2 Switch sequel. Freedom for the stallion of the cimarron.

I know the community unanimously voted on totk as the official zelda acronym, but man, i hate it lol. It just looks so much like “tik tok” whenever i read
I’ll keep trying to make Zelda TK catch on with every post. Acronyms should be fun and easy to say!

I know the community unanimously voted on totk as the official zelda acronym, but man, i hate it lol. It just looks so much like “tik tok” whenever i read
The name gives you the ik, which incidentally is why the ik is missing from the acronym

I don't think this joke made sense did it

Acronyms get bonus points if they have silly extra meanings :)

Brought back a lot of memories just now of when Zelda multiplayer goes poorly lol.
While I'm sure we all have stories of Zelda multiplayer going to shit, I had an amazing moment playing Tri Force Heroes online with randos. All 3 of us were playing a stage that none of us had done before (one of the later game dungeons) and we got stuck on a puzzle for a solid 5 minutes. Eventually the solution clicked for me and I spammed the "I got it" emoji and was able to motion what we had to do. Seeing the light bulbs come on for my team mates, them spamming "I got it", and then all 3 of us solving it in sync was a magical moment. Top 5 Zelda moment of all time for me.

Well… maybe we’ll see a Switch 2 version in 2026.

Finally, a proper launch game for the Switch successor that shows off the power of the new hardware. Can't wait to see how Deep Learning Realtime Horse Raytracing 2.0 (DLRHR2) performs on a big 4K screen.

While I'm sure we all have stories of Zelda multiplayer going to shit, I had an amazing moment playing Tri Force Heroes online with randos. All 3 of us were playing a stage that none of us had done before (one of the later game dungeons) and we got stuck on a puzzle for a solid 5 minutes. Eventually the solution clicked for me and I spammed the "I got it" emoji and was able to motion what we had to do. Seeing the light bulbs come on for my team mates, them spamming "I got it", and then all 3 of us solving it in sync was a magical moment. Top 5 Zelda moment of all time for me.
Oh I love multiplayer Zelda and I’m really hoping they make a new one or at least bring back Adventures with online. (And steal Square’s free lite editions for online only play so I don’t have to convince my friends to buy it)

Trying to convey puzzle solutions with those emojis in Triforce Heroes was one of the most amusing things and when it clicked for everyone it was such a feeling a triumph. I never could get my friends together for it, so I had to play the whole thing online before the population left. Wild experience overall that could go so well or so poorly lol.

I mean, just because I did not understand doesn't mean it did not make sense.
As everyone knows, a surefire sign of a good joke is having to explain it!

(The only letters in Tik Tok missing from TotK are I and K or "ik", and something is said to give you "the ick" if it is theoretically quite minor but immediately puts you off, usually used in the context of a romantic interest)

I miss the glorious year of 2013 where we have seven general directs (AKA The Year of Luigi)

As everyone knows, a surefire sign of a good joke is having to explain it!

(The only letters in Tik Tok missing from TotK are I and K or "ik", and something is said to give you "the ick" if it is theoretically quite minor but immediately puts you off, usually used in the context of a romantic interest)
Oh ok, it makes some sense. That's quality humor! :)

Haven't typed one of these in a long while but I've still got some time off and I'm having fun getting in the speculative mood, so here's my prediction for the 2023 lineup:

January- FE Engage
February- Kirby RTDL DX
March- Bayo Origins
April- MK8 DLC and Rhythm Heaven
May- Zelda TotK
June- Mario Super Sluggers and Prime HD
July- Splat 3 DLC and MK8 DLC
August- Big Xenoblade DLC and F-Zero GX remaster
September- 2D Zelda
October- Pikmin 4
November- Pokemon DLC and DK
December- MK8 DLC and KI Uprising remaster

Even if we get nothing in five minutes, such a fun feeling counting down the time to the tweeting hour with y’all once again. If it’s an hour from now, can’t hang for that today, but I hope it’s a good one.

Why does holiday matter when there are tweets on Christmas and New Years Eve?

Isn't it just anti hopium to try and prevent possible disappointment?
Nah it’s just that there’s been no… actually wait NoA tweeted yesterday… I guess I place more value on NCL not tweeting in a week (with the exception of new years shenanigans)

It's already too late for a Direct announcement today.

I'm expecting a Mini drop, if a Janurary Direct even happens. Or either just a Prime tweet.

Someone refresh my memory, do they announce minis ahead of time? I feel like maybe they have both announced and shadowdropped a Mini in previous years.

I'm expecting a Mini drop, if a Janurary Direct even happens. Or either just a Prime tweet.

Someone refresh my memory, do they announce minis ahead of time? I feel like maybe they have both announced and shadowdropped a Mini in previous years.
Minis are never announced ahead of time.

I'm still not really expecting any general presentation until the last week of January. Any Wednesday or Thursday between January 25th and February 9th seems about right to me. After Fire Emblem, before Kirby, and it leaves space either side for a Pokemon Direct or Pokemon Presents (which could happen in the next couple of weeks, or towards the end of February).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom