• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All according to Nintendo's own documents:

Global First Party games

Thanks!

That is barely over 20 and with the 3DS releases in there.

2018 was such a slim and kinda boring year for Nintendo for me, just a couple of actually good releases and a bunch of meh stuff in between (Star Allies, the entirety of Labo, etc.)

Here is an update on the insider gossip list I posted a few days ago:

• Nate says a Direct is coming
  • Grubb says Nintendo is doing a bunch of different showcases in the coming month
  • Pierce says 29th, Nates says 28/29th
  • Xeno 3 direct happens - edit: A 4chan post that correctly predicted the exact time (direct + announcement) and length of X3 Direct says a X3 story trailer is coming in a Direct next week. Nintendo later names X3 trailer "teaser"
  • Tom Henderson says something is happening, but maybe not a direct - edit: Later clarifies that a mini partner is coming per VGC, and M&R2 is the something he was alluding to
  • Nate confirms we are getting details about M&R2 next week. Is unsure about Bayo 3
  • Piers is flying out a work from home member to discuss a Direct next week
  • Nacho Requena states he is hearing a direct focused on third parties is coming. Persona game will be present. Four year old game coming to Switch.
  • Eurogamer, VGC, Tom, and Nate further collaborate that they are hearing the Direct is now a Mini Partner
Updated: 7/26/2022 1518 EST

Notes: Corrected wording and inaccuracies with the help of other Fami members. Please let me know if something is incorrect.

Make your own judgement. Thankfully we should be less than 24 hours away from knowing the true answer!

Kit and Krysta in the podcast said it is unlikely we'll get a Direct with the Xenoblade one so close, they expect rather separate directs for the specific games (Splatoon, Bayonetta), until the next big general Direct.

Partner Showcases felt like a slap in the face back in 2020, and it’ll feel like that again if they go back to them now. Nintendo be like “we ain’t giving you shit from us, but here’s some scraps!”
We know Nintendo is releasing Live A Live, Xeno 3 and Splatoon 3 in the next couple months. There are more games coming most likely, but Nintendo doesn’t need to have a first party direct on June 28.

Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I'm excited to see what we will see in this Showcase despite the fact I couldn't care less about M+R 2 lol

Partner Showcases felt like a slap in the face back in 2020, and it’ll feel like that again if they go back to them now. Nintendo be like “we ain’t giving you shit from us, but here’s some scraps!”
We need an updated version of that Super Paper Mario image that says

"I like going online and complaining about Nintendo Directs I haven't watched yet"

I wouldn’t be shocked if the rumoured Direct and the M&R thing are the same thing and people have been confusing it as 2 separate events when actually it’s one and the same.
That's my take too. My expectations for a while has been only a Mario & Rabbids presentation. We'll see soon enough I suppose!

I work 12 hours today and my shift starts soon. Which mean I’ll miss all the potential fun and will only get to catch up during my lunch break 😞

If an announcement is today, what time we thinking the announcement will happen?
I would expect it at about 2pm GMT/9am EDT, but I think some are expecting it an hour later. I already forgot when the Xenoblade Direct was announced so I actually have no idea what's more likely.

So are we at, yes there’s a Direct this week or no there isn’t one?
A Nintendo Direct mini will be shadow-dropped tomorrow. Will only have a few first-party segments (next Mario Kart wave, short Xenoblade trailer, maybe N64 games, etc), with a focus on third-party games such as Persona, Tactics Ogre, and another previously unannounced port. Mario+Rabbids have have a presence, but its primary gameplay reveal will be on Wednesday.

Anyone, feel free to bookmark this post and check my work later this week.

A Nintendo Direct mini will be shadow-dropped tomorrow. Will only have a few first-party segments (next Mario Kart wave, short Xenoblade trailer, maybe N64 games, etc), with a focus on third-party games such as Persona, Tactics Ogre, and another previously unannounced port. Mario+Rabbids have have a presence, but its primary gameplay reveal will be on Wednesday.

Anyone, feel free to bookmark this post and check my work later this week.

Yeah, I'm team whatever this is. It's imo the most reasonable outcome. I absolutely cannot conceive why they would bring back Partner Showcases.

edit: An addendum: I absolutely cannot conceive why they would bring back Partner Showcases without coming up with unfavourable reasons.

Last edited:
Direct week!

From a quick google search, it looks like Nintendo tweets out in advance when a partner direct is coming. At least, they did that for two of them in 2020.

So, say we don't get an announcement today. That would rule out a General, but it also might increase the chances of the Direct being a Mini instead of a Partner?

Direct week!

From a quick google search, it looks like Nintendo tweets out in advance when a partner direct is coming. At least, they did that for two of them in 2020.

So, say we don't get an announcement today. That would rule out a General, but it also might increase the chances of the Direct being a Mini instead of a Partner?

They can always do an announcement tomorrow for a wednesday or thursday presentation.

Given the context of why and how the partner showcases came to be, it’s a weird take to villainize Nintendo over them

thinking back, I actually was pissed that as thousands perished the funny Nintendo shows did not continue

that was an embarrassing time

If I get a trailer for either Silksong or Metroid Prime remaster, I couldn't really care less about the branding of the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom