• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
patterns are back on the menu baby

EDIT: pattern broken

Untitled-design-57.gif

All according to Nintendo's own documents:

Global First Party games
  1. Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2 (February 17)
  2. Kirby Star Allies (March 16)
  3. Detective Pikachu (March 23)
  4. Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit (April 20) / Toy-Con 02: Robot Kit (April 20) / Toy Con 03: Drive Kit (September 14)
  5. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (May 3)
  6. Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers (May 24)
  7. Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido (June 8)
  8. Mario Tennis Aces (June 22)
  9. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (July 13)
  10. WarioWare Gold (August 2)
  11. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country (September 21)
  12. Super Mario Party (October 5)
  13. Luigi's Mansion (November 8)
  14. Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu/Eevee! (November 16)
  15. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (December 7)
Regional First Party games
  1. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (January 18) |in Japan|
  2. Dragon Quest Builders (February 9) |outside Japan|
  3. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (May 18) |outside Japan|
  4. Octopath Traveler (July 13) |outside Japan|
  5. Go Vacation (July 27) |outside Japan|
  6. Yo-kai Watch Blasters (September 7) |outside Japan|
  7. The World Ends With You -Final Remix- (October 12) |outside Japan|

Global First Party games
  1. Pokémon Legends: Arceus (January 28)
  2. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (March 25)
  3. Nintendo Switch Sports (April 29)
  4. Mario Strikers: Battle League (June 10)
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (July 29)
  6. Splatoon 3 (September 9)
  7. Pokémon Scarlet/Violet (November 18)
  8. Bayonetta 3 (TBA 2022)
Regional First Party games
  1. Triangle Strategy (March 4) |outside Japan|
  2. Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (June 24) |outside Japan|
  3. Live A Live (July 22) |outside Japan|
  4. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (TBA 2022) |in Japan|
The biggest difference I would say is the absence of 3DS games (which are faster to make) and remasters and ports (same).

There hasn't been a single Nintendo remaster or port this year.

Nintendo knows that if they do a Nintendo Direct, that people want to see Zelda. In order to avoid the disappointment as the full Botw 2 blowout is not yet ready, they might just do the partner showcase.
I believe the next real general direct will drop once the Zelda team feels confident...

At least this is what i believe...

Nintendo knows that if they do a Nintendo Direct, that people want to see Zelda. In order to avoid the disappointment as the full Botw 2 blowout is not yet ready, they might just do the partner showcase.
I believe the next real general direct will drop once the Zelda team feels confident...

At least this is what i believe...
September General Direct comes and no Zelda news, we have to be prepared for the worst.

Awwww yesss. Right on the clock.

Every. Fucking. Time.

"I wouldn't be excited for THAT particular direct if I were you guys ;)"

Love it. As if there were any pre-direct where people were like "HOLY SHIT GUYS THIS ONE IS GONNA BE ONE FOR THE AGES"

Not saying it will be delayed further but Nintendo could really be like "let's do Zelda Direct in like October which goes all in and it's more than 30 minutes".
Well tbh I don't care anymore. June broke me. They'll reveal Zelda when they'll reveal it.

I don’t think he’s been an insider for years. Plus we already got enough insiders contributing.

He's just giving perfectly good advice to those who are in way over their head, brains filled with wishful thinking and high expectations.

Nobody really has high expectations. Again as I stated enough insiders already contributed and brought it down. YouTubers helped spread the “bad news”.

If you think 'nobody' has high expectations you're misreading a lot of messages here.

Plus, it's a twitter message for his followers, not for people on a rando forum that misinterpret everything.

I remember folks saying this for 2019 and then we got Banjo in Smash and a Zelda teaser.

There will always be people that are disappointed by it.
You wont stop toxicity with such a nothing statement.
Tone policing is just lame. Always acting like only the biggest games make a direct good.

I think this upcoming week will be good for games news. I try to keep a positive outlook, at least until the negative stuff actually happens. If things don't pan out, no biggie, they will eventually.

My expectations have gone up for the possible Mini/Partner now and new switch hardware reveal in July (good month to announce new hardware).
Nintendo absolutely expects a backlash against the partner showcase.
I think there will be some other presentation.

Because it is kinda paradox. If you already expecting disappointment, then you will be already let down before something is happening and maybe not even enjoy stuff if they are not that bad after all. At least it is for me like this.

Just be excited about stuff while keeping your expectations in check and if it turns out differently, it is ok to feel disappointed then and move on.

I think this upcoming week will be good for games news. I try to keep a positive outlook, at least until the negative stuff actually happens. If things don't pan out, no biggie, they will eventually.
Yeah, I think the thing to remember is Nintendo is still making games. Announcing them in a Direct now or any other date won't change whether the games are coming. I get the excitement around Directs, but there's no need for negativity when it doesn't happen.

I really don't believe it will be a Partners, but even if the worst case scenario happens and it is one, I'm pretty sure Nintendo will give it a new branding.
Nobody cares about the Partners Showcase brand (as evidenced by the last Partners Showcase in October not even breaking 500k views.)

Because it is kinda paradox. If you already expecting disappointment, then you will be already let down before something is happening and maybe not even enjoy stuff if they are not that bad after all. At least it is for me like this.

Just be excited about stuff while keeping your expectations in check and if it turns out differently, it is ok to feel disappointed then and move on.
I would actually feel the other way around.
If my expectations are already on the floor, I can't be let down, unless Nintendo announces they quit and all Switches are gonna seize operation and will download na update that will brick them, somehow forming an abyss, letting my hopes plunge into hell.
Expect too much and you're gonna be sad.

Remember the Direct that Kelios was rumouring back in 2020, think it was the first ever Partner one, wasn’t announced the same day it was taking place?
Yes, 6AM CEST, so 10 hours before the Direct. Was very weird, you could tell that they were trying something new at the time. I remember Kelios (or maybe it was Grubb) telling "yeah, you gonna see, the announcement is coming at 6AM tomorrow" and no one believed him because "Nintendo never done that"

If my expectations are already on the floor, I can't be let down, unless Nintendo announces they quit and all Switches are gonna seize operation and will download na update that will brick them, somehow forming an abyss, letting my hopes plunge into hell.

Same. My wild expectations are like "I want We Love Katamari and the new SaGa game..."

If my expectations are already on the floor, I can't be let down, unless Nintendo announces they quit and all Switches are gonna seize operation and will download na update that will brick them, somehow forming an abyss under me letting my hopes plunge into hell.
Expecting nothing is one thing but outright expecting disappointment would constantly make me feel sad.

It's not very productive to use speculation and rumours to build up expectations for a showcase that might not meet them anyway. The purpose of this thread, at least imo, should be to kick off discussions and shoot the shit with other people. This constant back and forth of getting hyped because of something someone said just to see the enthusiasm come crashing down again is pretty tiring and doesn't help anyone.

Exactly. I HOPE for certain things but I don’t EXPECT them. Unless they’re super obvious.

Expecting nothing is one thing but outright expecting disappointment would constantly make me feel sad.
It's weird, but I would rather have a Direct with one mildly interesting game, than nothing.
To some people maybe getting a Direct and then not getting BotW2, like they lead themselves to believe will be in there, is disappointment.
I'd say not having any direct at all right now would be more disappointing.

But really, if there is none, we should just move on and play the games we have.

It's not very productive to use speculation and rumours to build up expectations for a showcase that might not meet them anyway. The purpose of this thread, at least imo, should be to kick off discussions and shoot the shit with other people. This constant back and forth of getting hyped because of something someone said just to see the enthusiasm come crashing down again is pretty tiring and doesn't help anyone.
Wasn‘t even talking about that. Yes you shouldn‘t hype up everything and keeping your expectations in check. Just think that this quote is misused because even in the movie MJ has to learn that it is ok to fell sad. Nothing serious lol.

You don't have to expect disappointment.
The thing is; you only control one thing and that's how you think and feel about stuff. You're the one who controls you.
A company, a person, a presentation, a game, you control nothing about that.
Sure it's fun to anticipate and you might personally not have a problem with getting mildly disappointed but I've been in this game far too long to see people not lose their entire shit because their unrealistic expectations weren't met.
So I don't believe that it's a silly quote as there are genuinly people that have a lot of trouble distinguishing what they can and can't control and feeling genuinly bummed about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom