• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Nintendo Direct announced for September 13th (7 AM PT, 10 AM ET, 3 PM BST, 4 PM CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the fun, honestly. After Directs I look forward to how people reacted to it. Shout out to Rogersbase, Good Vibes Gaming and MaxDood!
I listened to GVG's predictions yesterday and they name dropped Ribbit King, felt like I was dreaming already. I'm not the only one!!

So... are we doing bingos yet?

SeXxNUY.png

Today is the day my Wind Waker hopes are either satisfied or crushed.

Please don’t crush my hopes Nintendo.

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 Remastered, or an announcement of a Shin Megami Tensei V side-game.

Prediction Time:

Open with 2D Mario reveal. The game looks visually like the Super Mario Maker 2 “3D World theme”. Game is coming out in Spring 2023. Miyamoto shares more details about the game, and also tells us that a Mario Movie trailer is releasing next week.

Announcements throughout the direct include mostly GameCube ports and third party stuff. GameBoy and GameBoy Advance for NSO expansion pack are also announced.

Direct ends with Botw 2 trailer and title. March 3rd, 2023.

Same. I really hope we get a hype game to open. I don’t see Fire Emblem opening another direct in a row. I think it’ll be Metroid Prime or something else.
The only problem I see with Metroid Prime opening the Direct is that I think they'll want to contextualize it first in relation to Prime 4, like they did at E3 2021 with Dread. Unless of course they started with a Prime 4 tease that then led into Prime Remakester.

I'm gonna say something crazy, and I hope it's wrong, but:

I think no Fire Emblem today. I am betting on it being announced in February for a July release.

I 100% believe Nate and Emily that it's done, but I also think Nintendo is weird and just does some weird shit sometimes.

Again, I hope I'm wrong! This is just my crazy prediction.

My even crazier prediction is Mother 3 with GBA NSO ;-)

I'm gonna say something crazy, and I hope it's wrong, but:

I think no Fire Emblem today. I am betting on it being announced in February for a July release.

I 100% believe Nate and Emily that it's done, but I also think Nintendo is weird and just does some weird shit sometimes.

Again, I hope I'm wrong! This is just my crazy prediction.

My even crazier prediction is Mother 3 with GBA NSO ;-)

I can cool your crazy down if you want. Cause if we go by Emily and Nate, they're also working on a Holy War remake that is also futher advanced in terms of development. Unless they want that out in 2024, maybe Gust Emblem is at latest early 2023 and the remake is late 2023?

The only problem I see with Metroid Prime opening the Direct is that I think they'll want to contextualize it first in relation to Prime 4, like they did at E3 2021 with Dread. Unless of course they started with a Prime 4 tease that then led into Prime Remakester.
I agree. If they want to have Metroid Prime 4 and start with Metroid then you have to start with Metroid Prime 4 as the opener. Followed by MPR.

I still get we get zero MP4 stuff outside of it being acknowledged that development is still progressing and we’ll get an update in 2023. The main focus will be Metroid Prime HD

Did I mention I love trains? Sitting in a train restaurant while going home after a half of day of school and having vegan curry as lunch. I feel like a king while actually being a student with not much money. With this and the direct my day couldn‘t be more perfect!

Fire Emblem Holiday/December release let's go. The holiday ... holidays mean i would actually have time to put some work into the game without taking ages to finish it.

I agree. If they want to have Metroid Prime 4 and start with Metroid then you have to start with Metroid Prime 4 as the opener. Followed by MPR.

“We are happy to say that development of the much anticipated Metroid Prime 4 has gone very well. This title is currently planned for release by late 2023 and we hope to show you more of this title in the months ahead. In the meantime, please let me show you this”: Metroid Prime Remastered trailer plays.

I’m not expecting Breath of the Wild 2 news today.
I know Nintendo does weird shit at times but I'm almost 100% certain they would've explicitly said that in the direct announcement it it wasn't going to be here in any form.

There's no way that game doesn't show up today.

and with that Gust FE has gone from likely to guaranteed for me.

IMG_1772.png
Really nervous about the new Fire Emblem. Can’t lie, really didn’t like what I saw in those leaks.

But that’s just pessimism. Can’t judge until I see the actual thing from Intelligent Systems.

I know most are not interested in it, but I really hope they will show at least a lil teases for the Mario Movie here. I wanna see what it looks like. I am SO curious about this movie.

I am hyped through the roof. Cannot wait to be on the other side.

I personally do not expect BotW2. If we do see it it'll be something short / just the title reveal. I still think a full BotW2 blowout goes hand in hand with a new Switch reveal early next year.

On my 17th Pepsi of the day and squeezing entire tubes of Colgate into my mouth as I prepare to lie about liking the new Fire Emblem protagonist.

What if they open up with a 2D Mario and Mario movie trailer?
Would be cool.

I have to Say that I don't feel that Nintendo needs a huge hype Direct, a new FE, Botw2 trailer and MP Remake would be more than enough considering the Fall Line Up and the fact that an early 2023 Direct would probably be a thing to enlight on their future plans. On the other hand, September Direct often showcased games that Nintendo released way After the "early next year Window." I wonder of a game like this Is in the card today, and what kind of game could potentially be

Would be cool.

I have to Say that I don't feel that Nintendo needs a huge hype Direct, a new FE, Botw2 trailer and MP Remake would be more than enough considering the Fall Line Up and the fact that an early 2023 Direct would probably be a thing to enlight on their future plans. On the other hand, September Direct often showcased games that Nintendo released way After the "early next year Window." I wonder of a game like this Is in the card today, and what kind of game could potentially be

We’ll definitely be seeing something that’s coming at a later date than other stuff being shown today. The direct is “mostly” focused on games coming this Winter, so any games outside of that would be Spring 2023 and later. That could just mean BotW 2, but I’d expect at least one other thing.

We’ll definitely be seeing something that’s coming at a later date than other stuff being shown today. The direct is “mostly” focused on games coming this Winter, so any games outside of that would be Spring 2023 and later. That could just mean BotW 2, but I’d expect at least one other thing.
Last September Direct they used the exact same terminology and had like 4+ things they showed that were past winter time.

BOTW 2 seems to bee a given, that it will be shown....because nearly everybody thinks, it will. Hope we set our expectations right...

Leaks...I´m out..damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please check out the most recent staff post on following community rules and guidelines before posting. Thanks!
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom