• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct announced for September 13th (7 AM PT, 10 AM ET, 3 PM BST, 4 PM CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me at work today while the direct is on waiting for it to end so I can watch.

cp03a1zoqd561.jpg

Anyone else watch a lot of reactions after Directs?
I generally really enjoy checking reactions, especially from the select few YouTubers I follow enough to know it is probably not just 'exaggerated loudness', haha
I do. Like seeing the shared love of the franchises I adore.

I'll watch reactions of a few like Easy Allies and Kinda Funny. I feel like many of the others just overreact.

And I might be in the minority here but I hate the Nintendo NY reactions lol.

Relistened to Nate and Grubb (I think they're an excellent team, Nate being a little more cool and Grubb a bit more forward). Prime + WW/TP + BotW2 does sound like pie in the sky to me. I'm inclined to go with Nate: no Zelda ports, just BotW2 & Prime. For the audience that's plenty, and I'm not sure if the "one Zelda game per year" is as hard a rule as it's seemed. Investors probably wouldn't mind it with the amazing software sales Switch has been doing.

Also they could still fulfil the concept by having BotW2 within the fiscal year.

Agreed. c: Metroid Dread reactions were awesome, especially once the 'Dread' name popped up on screen.
Smash Reactions are also really fun and occationally chaotic, tho will be a few years before a Direct gives us that again
Great examples indeed!

I'll watch reactions of a few like Easy Allies and Kinda Funny. I feel like many of the others just overreact.

Yeah likewise usually checkout Easy Allies, Kinda Funny, GVG, NerdCubed, Max Dood if they react to it bc theyre usually pretty chill about it compared to a lot of them who are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over the top

Easy Allies and Max. Those peeps are genuine

Everything FF VII related and Max his response to it makes me giggle

I mean I'd be totally fine with no WW or TP. I've beaten both of those like 7 damn times each. And it's not like they won't come eventually.

Hoping to see Advance Wars and a new Panel de Pon! Hopefully GB NSO too, would love to replay some of those games.

I generally really enjoy checking reactions, especially from the select few YouTubers I follow enough to know it is probably not just 'exaggerated loudness', haha

Not me. I don't care about what anyone else thinks of a Direct; the only thing that matters is what I think of it.

IMO, the last thing we need after the DGS games and Spirit of Justice is even more Ace Attorney bloat. I would love if they went back to the snappy pacing and shorter runtimes of the original Phoenix trilogy. That's probably only ever happening if Capcom decides to move the series to digital only lower price tag realm though.
Bloat is bad, but i could see a small map, town district, more in the sense of Yakuza work.

---------------------------------
Im hyped...and worried.
To many games already anounced für this year. To many ports rumored.
Fall ones had a lot of Third party usually. TGS is coming.
I think:
-onlyhalf of the rumored first party games will be anounced
-many will be dissapointed
-not many big new games , butsome smaller to mid level ones
-probably Fire Emblem as the big new one.

Hoping to see Advance Wars and a new Panel de Pon! Hopefully GB NSO too, would love to replay some of those games.

Not me. I don't care about what anyone else thinks of a Direct; the only thing that matters is what I think of it.
yes i agree but its always fun to watch some reactions

Opener Metroid Prime Remakester, afterwards a short "MP4 dev going fine, too early to show something" statement.
Then some third party stuff, as it's the TGS Direct after all.
Middle one or two "medium" announcements, maybe FE, maybe F-Zero remaster, something like that.
Another third party block, incl. sizzle reel.
Maybe a first look at the next batch of the Xenoblade 3 Expansion Pass, the new Hero and Hero storyline.
"Don't forget Splatoon 3 is now available"
Some short Pokemon trailer.
Aonuma coming, presenting WW HD / TP HD ports with a short trailer.
Ends with another short BotW 2 trailer unveiling the official title and maybe narrating down the launch window to a month, if not, doubling down on "Spring 2023".

There is a non-zero chance that I have seen every single reaction to the BOTW launch trailer from the Switch presentation.

The wait for this game in particular, after thas trailer, was its own beast.

Same. I really hope we get a hype game to open. I don’t see Fire Emblem opening another direct in a row. I think it’ll be Metroid Prime or something else.
But it's weird since these Directs could have easily opened with Kirby for the September one or Strikers with February Direct. Still, the worst one has to be opening with Overwatch, what the hell was that.

I love watching reactions…but only the positive ones lol. When they showed the Mario cast I was dying laughing and I knew I would watch tons of reactions on it. It was so hilarious.

BotW 2 showing up with some real good footage and the name title will get me watching a lot of reactions

Metroid is the opener. Im dead certain on this.

Me at work today while the direct is on waiting for it to end so I can watch.

cp03a1zoqd561.jpg

Same. No orders today so I’m sitting with this ultra dull task of comparing pictures of specs with invoices and time is moving at snail pace.

I will not be shy about the fact that I adore reactions, some Directs that are really good are a blast to watch someone else watch. Smash reveals in particular. Like, when EZA realised that it was Sephiroth when the first note of One Winged Angel played, or everyone when it turns out that yes, it’s actually called Dread.

The one thing I hope shows up is Prime remake + their plans for 2 and 3. I can't wait for that merry-go-round of speculation to finally stop.

Okay if Metroid Prime Remaster is announced, in order to not keep this franchise dormant I expect the minimum from each of you:
  • buy 1 digital version
  • buy 1 retail cart version
  • buy the collector's edition (if any and do not scalp it).
Yes you will potentially have 3 copies of the game, but it's more than worth it.

Something I particularly like is checking reactions of fans of dormant franchises when one of those franchises gets a new entry. There's something particularly wholesome about them immediately realising what's happening while also going "No way! No way!" or something to that effect.

Metroid is the opener. Im dead certain on this.

Same. No orders today so I’m sitting with this ultra dull task of comparing pictures of specs with invoices and time is moving at snail pace.

I will not be shy about the fact that I adore reactions, some Directs that are really good are a blast to watch someone else watch. Smash reveals in particular. Like, when EZA realised that it was Sephiroth when the first note of One Winged Angel played, or everyone when it turns out that yes, it’s actually called Dread.
Yes, exactly XD Those types of reactions of pure shock, or genuine happiness, and such, are very very enjoyable for me. You can only experience a Direct properly one time, but reactions are a great way to prolonge the 'hype and excitement' you remember getting when you yourself saw it for the first time.
That, plus it can just be fun to see reactions to various neat things, even if YOU do not love seeing, say, a F-Zero remaster appear, it can be fun to see the joy of those who DO love seeing that.
Reactions are fun

I'm here and ready to hype together! 4ish hours to go! I want to give my final Direct predictions which have been mostly consistent for a while.

Metroid Prime Remastered (November game) and first Metroid Prime 4 teaser aiming for holiday 2023.
Zelda TP/WW Bundle (2ish weeks away!) and a big Zelda Breath of the Wild trailer with the name reveal.
New 2D Mario game launching near the movie (I've committed to 2D!) and first Mario Movie trailer or image/poster.
New Gust assisted Fire Emblem shows up for Q1 2023. DK is later (ie next Direct), no Advance Wars or Everybody 1-2 Switch.
Switch Sports Golf Update shown and dated. Near future Splatoon 3 roadmap is given (new maps, possibly a new mode is teased). No Xenoblade 3 or Mario Strikers DLC shown. Mario Kart Wave 3 MIA unless it gets some split second b-roll and mention as part of the expansion pass.
Game Boy / Game Boy Color for normal NSO announced, GBA for NSO+.
Some First Party Nintendo game I can't predict shows up.
No New Hardware.
Dragon Quest III 2D-HD releasing in February/March 2023.

If I'm forgetting something I'll add it in.

Part of the fun, honestly. After Directs I look forward to how people reacted to it. Shout out to Rogersbase, Good Vibes Gaming and MaxDood!

I hope the opener is hype this time because the last two...Monster Hunter Sunbreak and Three Hopes.
I'm already prepared for it to be one of the heavily rumored games, which don't really interest me but at least that means more suprises for the rest of the direct hopefully. Agreed with Monster Hunter and Three Hopes not being strong openers for me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please check out the most recent staff post on following community rules and guidelines before posting. Thanks!
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom