• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct announced for September 13th (7 AM PT, 10 AM ET, 3 PM BST, 4 PM CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see a teaser plus title reveal for BOTW2 with "more information in a Zelda presentation later this month".

I still think it's going to be a partners direct btw.

I can't believe i have to post this here ... :]

HeartyCheeryBluejay-size_restricted.gif

Zelda being shown tomorrow is a 99,9% given to me, after such a long while since the last full Nintendo general Direct (188 days ago) and several dissapointing delays and a haircut later they will at least tease it.

But what will be the "But wait... There's one thing more!" From this show be?

Metroid Prime rumor is finally being put to rest tomorrow. I’m so happy for all the people who will experience this game for the first time. It’s one of the GOATs
I'm not one to really buy into remakes / remasters / rereleases, but I'm there day one for Metroid Prime. It really was one of the GOATs

BOTW 2 not being discussed in the tweet makes me think it'll get a tease and not much else. Maybe a full title too.
BotW reveal was basically 20 hours stream of the basic game mechanics, followed by 7 months of people saying there were no towns in the game, so I really don't expect more than a trailer for this one.

As the server is now stable, we've opened up Famiboards for non-members again. However, please note that, if the site chugs heavily or crashes again in the lead-up to or during tomorrow's General Direct, we will restrict access to the site again to help ensure the community can enjoy the discussions. :)

I have an additional solution in case members-only isn't enough: Founders only!

Those names are meaningless. Drake is the code name of the chip that will be in the new upgraded 4k capable switch.

Whether that is branded as a Switch pro or Switch 2 or Switch flinglebum is both entirely unknown and irrelevant.
If they don't name it the Switch Flinglebum TM I'll be dissapointed now.

Last time a September Direct was at 10am ET/7am PT was the 3DS Direct in 2016.

I'm expecting a bunch of ports/remaster closing out with Fire Emblem.

Can't wait for the NX reveal next month 😏

Last edited:
This still feels unreal after all the let down in June. I have not still processed that we are getting it tomorrow.

ayup.

i’ve been on the “game awards is the next time we really see it” train for a while now
That doesn't feel rigtht to me. Do the Nintendo direct audience overlap with the game award audience at all? How many of us here are going to actually watch TGA? I think it's much better to properly show the game first in a Direct where most of the viewers will appreciate it, and if Nintendo feel like it they can share some footage with TGA.

Those names are meaningless. Drake is the code name of the chip that will be in the new upgraded 4k capable switch.

Whether that is branded as a Switch pro or Switch 2 or Switch flinglebum is both entirely unknown and irrelevant.

Drake is the new Nintendo Switch hardware in development, we have no idea if Nintendo will call it “Switch Pro” or “Switch 2” or something else.

Thanks for the info!!! @Skittzo I think it is relevant in the context of what you said, because I don't think the hardware will have a big reveal event (like when the Switch launched) if it's just a hardware iteration of the Switch family (akin to the Lite and OLED).

But maybe that's just me xD

Please just give me a TEASE of at least half of the Wave 3 DLC tracks Nintendo...

Like we know what they are, just show us :cry:

Sweet, this actually airs before I start work so I can watch it live.

Please give me Metroid Prime.

Congrats everyone we won.
Now, give me Twilight Princess on Switch this month and let me see that new FIRE EMBLEM

That doesn't feel rigtht to me. Do the Nintendo direct audience overlap with the game award audience at all?
The whole point would be to get the non-Direct viewing audience hyped for the game. The Direct audience already knows about the game and is already hype for the game, it’s already closed out two different Directs.

Nintendo is going to want BotW2 to be a big draw for the people who play AAA games like Skyrim and Elden Ring and Assassin’s Creed on home consoles, not just the usual Nintendo crowd, in the same way the first game “broke through” to that audience.

imagine if they do a trailer for botw 2 like the january 2017 one for the first game. i want to see youtube compilations of people sobbing.

As the server is now stable, we've opened up Famiboards for non-members again. However, please note that, if the site chugs heavily or crashes again in the lead-up to or during tomorrow's General Direct, we will restrict access to the site again to help ensure the community can enjoy the discussions. :)
these tactics to get people to sign up...

Thanks for the info!!! @Skittzo I think it is relevant in the context of what you said, because I don't think the hardware will have a big reveal event (like when the Switch launched) if it's just a hardware iteration of the Switch family (akin to the Lite and OLED).

But maybe that's just me xD
Well, one of these things we do know about this device is it runs on a different microarchitecture that's much, much more powerful than the current switch and very likely will have games playable on it that are not playable on the base Switch. So whether they have a reveal event or a video there will need to be some new footage of games, which is why I think it's very possible we get a lot of BOTW 2 stuff there.

And even if it is just a video announcements they will have a press events where games will be playable, like they do for all new hardware.

imagine if they do a trailer for botw 2 like the january 2017 one for the first game. i want to see youtube compilations of people sobbing.

these tactics to get people to sign up...

As much as i want that "type" of trailer for BotW 2, i feel this one will drop in Feb/March 2023.

I got splatoon 3 and xeno 3 so currently I'm not super enthusiastic about anything until drake is revealed except botw2 , this year I got the getridovswitch symptom pretty bad.
Hope the zelda sequel is in and meaningfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please check out the most recent staff post on following community rules and guidelines before posting. Thanks!
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom