• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct announced for September 13th (7 AM PT, 10 AM ET, 3 PM BST, 4 PM CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, regarding Toothpaste-chan for FE, wouldn't Nintendo have taken those images down immediately? I get they look like old builds but still.

• in Oxford, a man was arrested for shouting 'who elected him' when the Proclamation was read out announcing King Charles III's accession to the throne
  • in Scotland, a woman was arrested for holding a sign saying "fuck the monarchy"
sorry i know this is off-topic but how the hell is this constitutional.

Nintendo after tomorrow:

yakuza.png

• Prime HD + Prime 4 tease
  • Fire Emblem 17
  • Zelda ports + BOTW 2
  • GB/GBC/GBA on NSO
  • Mario or Donkey Kong
  • Stinky Horse

BELIEVE!!!

It is presumably Nintendo UK being super cautious to avoid offense. Here's a selection of things I've been told about which are happening back home in the UK:

• self-service kiosks in fast-food restaurants display a memorial message about the Queen
  • in Oxford, a man was arrested for shouting 'who elected him' when the Proclamation was read out announcing King Charles III's accession to the throne
  • in Scotland, a woman was arrested for holding a sign saying "fuck the monarchy"
  • sporting fixtures were delayed and cancelled
  • funerals taking place on the same day as the Queen's funeral have been cancelled

I know people joke about how crazy the monarchy is, but it's on another level. It's not the hysteria that happened when Diana died, but there's still an enormous amount of frankly disturbing deference being displayed and performed now, to the point that it is irrational.

They’ve even turned off the ‘beep’ noises whenever you scan an item in self-checkout at grocery stores out of respect.

No, I am not joking.

Batman and release date for Fading Afternoon.

Also, MP Remastered. I think I am going to start playing video games more often again.

Sorry, I’m not managing to keep up with everything moving so fast here so just @ me if there are some questions that I or other staff are missing!

The forum classifies site guests as members or non-members, and non-members temporarily don’t have privileges to read the boards on the forum (same as how R&D is permanently set up). So non-members can visit the front page of the site, but not see the boards unless they register.

Ah so there is a log-in option, just no way to post or read before you do. Gotcha. Good to know because I was gonna use my laptop during the Direct tomorrow, and in case we're still in this mode then, I was worried I wouldn't be able to (since I am not permanently logged in on my laptop).

Thanks for the reply!!!

EDIT: Make that just "read". That was stupid. Non members can't post regardless lol.

It is presumably because the day is now a bank holiday, and so funeral directors and the like don't need to work; but some of it may be down to 'respect'.
Oh right, did not take it being a bank holiday into account, but at first glance it just reads like "no pleb funerals allowed on the day of the Queen's" and just… yikes.

man Nintendo was so nice to stream during my vacation

Truly the videogame gods smiled upon me
Same for me! Still home because of my Depression, so this is a nice surprise for me.
Hopefully you can enjoy your vacation, like I can atm to relax.

It's almost like they are showing off at this point. At a time when so many publishers are struggling to get games out the door and right off the heels of Splatoon 3 being the biggest launch ever in Japan, they turn around and go "here's some more".

I think it's likely due to this

I think we’ll get Game Boy Pokémon games on Switch, but the jury’s still very much out on whether they’ll be part of GB NSO or not.

My hunch is that they won’t be, and they’ll be a paid product, kind of like how the 3DS releases weren’t priced or marketed as traditional Virtual Console releases.

Time to act some food poisoning from the lunch and then hide yourself for 40 minutes in the bathroom.
Really hoping I can get away with working from home tomorrow hi boss if you see this it's because I really work better out of the office i swear.

They’ve even turned off the ‘beep’ noises whenever you scan an item in self-checkout at grocery stores out of respect.

No, I am not joking.
Good grief.
sorry i know this is off-topic but how the hell is this constitutional.
We don't have a written constitution, only 'constitutional convention' (how things have been done previously should be respected, but often isn't if it doesn't suit the government of the day).

Criticising or objecting to the monarchy isn't a crime, though; the Johnson government passed a spectacularly regressive piece of legislation earlier this year which effectively outlaws most forms of protest, or at least gives police and government grounds to stop most protests. Basically, if a protest is judged to be a 'public nuisance', either because it causes obstruction, noise, or even offense and emotional distress, police can arrest the protestor(s).

Good grief.

We don't have a written constitution, only 'constitutional convention' (how things have been done previously should be respected, but often isn't if it doesn't suit the government of the day).

Criticising or objecting to the monarchy isn't a crime, though; the Johnson government passed a spectacularly regressive piece of legislation earlier this year which effectively outlaws most forms of protest, or at least gives police and government grounds to stop most protests. Basically, if a protest is judged to be a 'public nuisance', either because it causes obstruction, noise, or even offense and emotional distress, police can arrest the protestor(s).
This is nothing to do with the thread. Can we move on please?

Fire Emblem can wait. I still haven't started my third campaign and I have Three Hopes waiting deep down the backlog.

Nah, super excited for the new game and I hope for all FE fans that it will be revealed tomorrow.

This is nothing to do with the thread. Can we move on please?
Somebody asked me a question in the thread, and the earlier posts were about why Nintendo UK would change their Direct plans in response to the Queen passing.

But sure, it's going off point now so I'm happy to move on.

I really think this will be one of the greatest Directs in the Switch Era. There is so, so much exciting stuff Nintendo could announce.

Don't you love it when you want something to happen, and then that very same thing does, in fact, happen?

So good.

Last edited:
Morning Direct means I'll have the whole of Tuesday to agonise over which games to buy. Hooray! Kind of Nintendo to give me the time to do that.

Was not expecting the Direct to be on a Tuesday or at 3pm was a lovely surprise. As a gamer with zero backlog I’m normally frothing at the mouth for a Direct but thanks to xenoblade 3, which keeps giving me more and more to do, I actually got a little stash of games I need to get through so it’s not going to matter to much if there’s not much there for me personally. Though If the Prime Remaster exists and is coming this year I’m gonna be doing cartwheels in my living room!

It is presumably Nintendo UK being super cautious to avoid offense. Here's a selection of things I've been told about which are happening back home in the UK:

• self-service kiosks in fast-food restaurants display a memorial message about the Queen
  • sporting fixtures were delayed and cancelled
  • funerals taking place on the same day as the Queen's funeral have been cancelled

I know people joke about how crazy the monarchy is, but it's on another level. It's not the hysteria that happened when Diana died, but there's still an enormous amount of frankly disturbing deference being displayed and performed now, to the point that it is irrational.
damn hadn't heard that funeral bit, that's truly fucked up. Actually saying "my death is more important than yours"

sorry about the thread derail!

I'm nervous about a potential Fire Emblem announcement. I haven't been a big fan of recent releases, and I'm even less of a fan of Colgate-chan lmao. I just really don't wanna be disappointed man. gib Genealogy remake

is GB/GBC for NSO a lock?
they’ve added a new system or two every time they’ve had a general in september since NSO’s launch…

that’s admittedly a small sample size but i want to believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please check out the most recent staff post on following community rules and guidelines before posting. Thanks!
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom