• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

News Nintendo Direct announced for September 13th (7 AM PT, 10 AM ET, 3 PM BST, 4 PM CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the expected Metroid/Zelda stuff that didn't happen, the thing I was most surprised to not see was Skyrim Anniversary. There's enough smoke to say it's coming, and I'd think November 11 would make sense as a release date.

I am genuinely so thrilled that they managed to surprise with the Pikmin 4 announcement (event if it was a little clunky).

Wonderful Direct. Fire Emblem, Octopath, Pikmin and Zelda are a damn good combo. I'm not going to cry about what wasn't there, because what WAS there was great.

It's a shame that Zelda does not have a full reveal trailer yet, especially how great that BOTW one was.

BotW was introducing an entirely new style of game with that trailer-though.

A Switch Presentation-like trailer will come closer to release.

Just finished watching and that was a damn good direct. But I do have to wonder what the heck is going on with Metroid. I thought for sure this was the time and place to announce it.

"if I have to inform myself instead of blindly believing rumours its their fault"
Personally I never believed we would see both WW and TP, but this is undermining what these insiders’ actual role is. They know people will hang on every word they say, and they create a culture where people keep coming back to their rumors and speculation, and journalists play telephone and it informs every corner of online discussion. I’d genuinely rather not hear from them than the current setup.

I'll be honest, I don't understand why some people are upset about the Tears of the Kingdom reveal. We finally get a title and a solid release date, which is in less than a year. Come on, don't act like you're not already sold and need a huge gameplay blowout right this second to be convinced to buy it. It's Breath of the Wild.

Last edited:
The real thing to take from this is that we need to stop treating insiders as if their word is a rule and they cant miss anything. Not just because mistakes do happen, but also because then we end up filling the forum with hate.
Or we could just, y’know, not be hateful, and not blame it on insiders failing us when we are.

Solid direct but not super great, this ended up being too packed with stuff for everything in the middle for any of it to get the breathing room it deserves. I'd give it a B or B-.

Fire Emblem looks nice and is earlier than expected. Zelda looks great and to no one's surprise has a bizarre subtitle that no one could have possibly guessed. No additions to NSO other than more N64 games (and to be honest mostly ones I'm not interested in) is a headscratcher, if nothing else the Three Houses DLC to tie in with Engage seemed like a lock after Octo Expansion and Splatoon 3. Xbox getting an upgraded version of Goldeneye while NSO just gets the N64 version is a big letdown, I really thought they would finish the remake and port it to both systems, so I guess the remake will never see the light of day. Pikmin looks nice but Miyamoto, I love you but we really don't need a long talk about Pikmin Bloom for no apparent reason.

Most importantly Big Man knows what's up. Comfort and food are overrated, boredom is the real killer.

Some of the reveals were quite substantial but the editing and structure of this Direct felt poor.
The lead-in to Pikmin 4 was bizarre; the mobile game didn't need such an explanation but I guess they want people to look it up and give Pikmin a shot before Pikmin 4 launches at some point in 2023. But I'm agreed that, editing wise and pacing wise, the show was a little all over the place.

The substance of Switch's line up looks great from where I'm standing - especially as it prepares to enter a 7th year on the market. There's an interesting Nintendo-gap now between Fire Emblem in January and Zelda in May, too.

Honestly the worst part of every direct is the same people coming out of the woodwork to say they hate insiders. The 3 insiders most people follow on here are known to be trustworthy yet people constantly attribute things to them as if they said it would be 100% happening. At the end of the day the only thing we were expecting for this direct was Metroid Prime remaster because it was supposed to be releasing this holiday- the Zelda ports and other games being mentioned may still exist but haven't been announced yet.

Honestly the toxicity against genuine insiders who actually contribute to the community and give us things to speculate and talk about is exhausting and something I hoped we'd left behind when starting this new place.

A Wonderful Life was the highlight for me.

That said, I would have preferred Wind Waker and Twilight Princess to almost everything we saw there.

Or we could just, y’know, not be hateful, and not blame it on insiders failing us when we are.
No. This thing of taking everything any insider says at face value is tiring and i think people should reconsiderate it. Im sure its tiring for the ones that have actual info to share too.

So no new EPD title in Q1 2023? Like new 2D Mario etc.? Zelda is May, Pikmin is probably Summer.
I'm not sure why we'd expect a new EPD title in Q1; that's only happened in 2017 and 2020 on Switch. Fire Emblem is there in January, Square Enix are providing an exclusive or two (is the new FF:Theatrhythm exclusive?) for February; it's odd that March is empty right now, though. I wonder if we'll get something for the 'expanded audience' dropped in that month to round out the fiscal year.

This for me was a very very average Direct made much worst by the fact that I listen to insiders too much, apart from Pikmin the best announcement was Fatal Frame 4 which was already spoiled yesterday by insiders and they even made me hate the Zelda trailer which normally would have saved the Direct for me as It confirmed that there no Prime Remaster this Christmas.

Edit. And advance Wars Is still MIA 😩

Might have already been said but all the rumours have said how great Metroid Prime remaster looks. Why wouldn’t Nintendo hold it for its first ever 4k console?

Windwaker and TP could be held in case of TOTK delay (yes, I know we got a date but still!) - if they are sitting ready there’s no real rush to get them out with an already packed Winter.

I am officially team new hardware spring 2023.

Remember when they said that the title would give too much away, so they were saving it?

Tears of the Kingdom tells me absolutely nothing lol

Btw, how many games did Square-Enix have in this Direct

I lost count

I hope those ridiculous rumors about Sony wanting to aquire SQEX will never turn out correct. Imagine how many AA tier games the market would lose.

Metroid Prime 1 Remaster got delayed from november 2022 to march 2023. That’s my guess lol.

But otherwise, I think the direct was solid.

Fire Emblem, Zelda TotK, Pikmin 4 and a new 2D/3D Mario (or DK!) + various remasters/remakes (Kirby Adventure Wii, Metroid Prime 1, F-Zero GX, Kid Icarus Uprising, Advance Wars 1+2) + some other stuff (Mario Baseball? Tomadochi Life?) + DLC of 2022 titles (Xenoblade 3, Pokémon S/V, Splatoon 3, Mario + Rabbids 2, more Mario Kart 8 DX tracks) can make a very good 2023.

• The possibility of GoldenEye being rereleased though NSO rather than based on the cancelled XBLA version is depressing but I guess not entirely unrealistic. If it's emulated I will just play it on XBOX.
I jinxed it, sorry

I just find it funny how Nintendo consistently does stuff like this. Everyone and their mom expecting TP/WW and MP and then Nintendo just goes, “um, no lol, here’s a Kirby remaster!”

Emily explicitly said that she did not know when they planned to announce Metroid Prime HD but since the original game's anniversary is this year and the game was finished last year she thought it would make sense this year.

But she explicitly said she has no knowledge of the launch or reveal timing.

BotW2 got announced, teased relentlessly, named, and dated before we saw any meaningful announcements for either Metroid Prime project. The pain and suffering is eternal

I never thought a Prime remaster on current switch made much sense. I was thinking if they were going to do that then you’d probably want it to be on a 4k/more capable switch.

Do you know how many times I've thought that FOR SURE we'd we Metroid Prime HD in some way? Like all insiders hinting at it, all signs point to it being a no brainer?

So many times. Absolutely can't do that to myself ever again. I mean, it's the 20th Anniversary, why not capitalize on that? I legitimately don't know if I believe that it exists anymore.

And with that, the wait for something from EPD Tokyo continues, Koizumi hosted another Direct without EPD Tokyo title. The real pain.

I stopped believing in the Metroid Prime rumors months ago and would encourage everyone else to do the same.

As for Game Boy on the NSO, I assume that'll come when the next N64 wave ends mid-2023.
Even when ignoring any rumors: They will not release a numbered game after over 10 years without bringing back the older games in the series to their current platform.

It was never a given that rumored games will show up in a direct, even when insiders are guessing they have because they maybe knew that the game is close to done or has a release date, they don‘t know the content of directs.

Maybe it is a problem in wording, connecting the wrong dots or just wrong information.

Take rumors always with a grain of salt or just ignore them, Insiders most likely don‘t get their infos from first hand. Only Nintendo can say to you what really their plans are.

I just find it funny how Nintendo consistently does stuff like this. Everyone and their mom expecting TP/WW and MP and then Nintendo just goes, “um, no lol, here’s a Kirby remaster!”
To be fair, announcing just 1 remaster instead of 3 is preferable to me. I'm not sure why everyone is so upset that there weren't more older games announced here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please check out the most recent staff post on following community rules and guidelines before posting. Thanks!
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom