• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct announced for September 13th (7 AM PT, 10 AM ET, 3 PM BST, 4 PM CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean there is no Metroid Prime Hd port and the Zelda ports weren't announced. I believe they are real but homeboys need to stop talking about them. Like I don't care personally but I'm tired of seeing people just dunk on them every time these games aren't shown.
I feel like I need to clarify, although I thought I covered it with the last sentence. I believe the remakes exist. I had doubts of Prime HD showing up because shit''s crowded this fall lol. However, Nate's name is tied to these remakes either way you cut it. He said he didn't think they'd show up. But we all know how stupid and vile people are on the internet especially regarding Nate and Grubb. It's a tiring affair and it's annoying to see the same song and dance of hate whenever there is a direct or whatever. I rather complain about how there were too many damn RPGs than a rumored/leaked remake not being announced. It's so unimportant but it becomes the biggest story.

I don’t agree.

It seems that many people just wanted remasters of games they’ve already played before and got big mad when they didn’t get them.
There was barely any nintendo first aprty focus in here for a 4ß+ minute direct. Thats just the truth. 35 minutes or so were quicksegments. It's fine for me, they probably keep their big guns for the Switch Pro/2/whatever reveal, but it wasn't a good showing imo.

Damn who could’ve seen ‘insiders’ being full of shit.

I wonder what is required?
This is just a good example as to why insiders shouldn't put their neck out unnecessarily. Imo Nate clearly has some legit info but stuff like announcement and release timings is unreliable so why even bother saying something like that when it can just be used against you when whatever it is doesn't show.
That being said I don't believe Metroid exists at this point and won't until we actually see it.

Let this be a lesson to those who listen to so many "insiders" as if they're not just whispering chidren on a playground, lmao, they're just attention whores (in my humblest of opinions.) Cheap hypebeasts for the easy marks and advertising gigs and all that.

Pikmin 4, Front Mission news, Zelda, online GoldenEye, Octopath 2 straight up completed- I'm eating! If I was a fucking farm game sim person I'd be crying right now I think, that was the byline for like eight games hahaha
People are just trolling right? Like they don’t actually believe this…

Pikmin 4, Tunic, Octopath 2, Kirby, and motherfuckin Fitness Boxing FotNS really saved this direct for me.

You are already dead fit

Yeah this is what often hangs me up about the insider debacle. Not discounting the fact that they get lots of things right but they've completely changed how discourse works. To the point where like 5 things that have been heavily rumored keep not happening and they're shrugged off like "well not everything is going to happen all at once".

Direct itself getting delayed because of the Queen
GameBoy going to NSO (kinda confirmed with Pokemon Stadium but still)
Wind Waker HD
Twilight Princess HD
Metroid Prime, first the Trilogy years ago, and now Prime 1 for this year
"Nintendo's sitting on a bunch of finished games" sure doesn't seem like it for their first full Direct in 7 months.

Fire Emblem was completely on the nose, like insanely so. There's clearly a good source there. But enough doesn't happen to the point where the last few weeks of rampant speculation feel silly in hindsight. Not to say people can't pay attention to what they say, but... stop with the gospel surrounding them.
Fire Emblem leaked ages ago with pictures so “FE will be in the new direct” is a fairly safe bet really.

You guys don't even play games, so the quality of the presentation is irrelevant. Just go back to hyping for the next direct that you'll be disappointed for.
What is the point of this post lmao

With Fire Emblem, Pikmin 4 and Zelda Tears of the Kingdom this should have felt like a home run direct. But this direct had too much fluff in it that killed the pacing. Smart Kirby remaster too. Would have liked to see Gameboy on NSO and a look of the Mario Movie. Expecting Metroid prime remake also was a problem for me.

Ultimately I am super excited to finally have a date and a title for Zelda. We know the blow out will be coming just have to be patient.

I'm so tired. I don’t want a Switch games anymore. I just want a Switch Drake games. Even Resident Evil 8 with 2 & 3 Remake can't handle by current Switch (need a cloud to handle its). It's so old already, need a more powerful version ASAP

Last edited:
With Fire Emblem, Pikmin 4 and Zelda Tears of the Kingdom this should have felt like a home run direct. But this direct had too much fluff in it that killed the pacing. Smart Kirby remaster too. Would have liked to see Gameboy on NSO and a look of the Mario Movie. Expecting Metroid prime remake also was a problem for me.

Ultimately I am super excited to finally have a date and a title for Zelda. We know the blow out will be coming just have to be patient.
I wonder if they are saving the blowout for the February Direct but thats just a few months before release. I would expect it between November-February

surely but he also said he wasn't 100% sure. Watch Nates podcast.
If I have to watch a podcast to filter the news of insiders to get it 100% right, then we’re just feeding into this pointless speculation culture. Rumors are real until they’re not. I’d really rather not hear from them if we have to keep doing “maybe, maybe not” and journalists take their word as gospel.

If I have to watch a podcast to filter the news of insiders to get it 100% right, then we’re just feeding into this pointless speculation culture. Rumors are real until they’re not. I’d really rather not hear from them if we have to keep doing “maybe, maybe not” and journalists take their word as gospel.
"if I have to inform myself instead of blindly believing rumours its their fault"

It not being there just forces me to try them out finally on my computer lol(played about half of TP before)
Wind Waker is a gem. A bit flawed, but man ist it one of the most charming experiences ever made. Have fun! (and try to explore a bit during the game, unless you want to hit a brick wall later on)

sure but he also said he wasn't 100% sure. Watch Nates podcast.
Yea, he should have clarified from the start that he was supporting what his cohost mike heard (who isn’t a leaker). Mike even got on his case yesterday for Grubb backtracking on them being there. But he always takes responsibility for what he said, and at the end of the day it’s not a big deal. It’s just video games

As Emily specified that remakes and remasters wouldn’t be limited to just Gamecube, I consider Return to Dreamland Deluxe the first representative of that initiative.

The real thing to take from this is that we need to stop treating insiders as if their word is a rule and they cant miss anything. Not just because mistakes do happen, but also because then we end up filling the forum with hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please check out the most recent staff post on following community rules and guidelines before posting. Thanks!
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom