• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct announced for September 13th (7 AM PT, 10 AM ET, 3 PM BST, 4 PM CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first non-E3 Direct I've ever followed that is happening at a time when I don't have to work :) Normally I just cheat it and stream it riskily during office hours, but this time I can do it totally guilt-free!
Same, I'll be sitting in my office with the door closed watching

Hopes and dreams;
GB/GBA expansion to NSO complete with a bunch of mainline Pokemon games.
Metroid Prime Remastered.
Plate Up for Nintendo Switch.

How does this "members only" thing even work? Like...on a technical basis? I am fine because I am permanently logged in on my phone but how would the site know whether I am a member or not before I put in my login data? And in order to do that, I need to open the site? Or is it just the topics aren't showing before you log in?

Technical staff please enlighten me. I am genuinely curious.

But I also don't wanna derail this thread so here us my on-topic contribution: Will we get a month or - God forbid- a date for BOTW2? Or will it stay a vague "Spring 2023"?

ndirect_calendar.jpg

man already feels like quite a while since I made this. Glad I nailed it down, last week was always only a slim possibility
You certainly nailed the busy news cycle, in more ways than one. :p

please god i am hoping for something brand new

if its just zelda ports, unnecessary mp remake and botw2 trailer, i will be bummed out

could use some three hopes dlc announcement though

Ah man, I just thought no UK livestream means it's the dubbed version that I'll have to watch instead of subs.
Why is that even thing anyway? Why aren't the US and UK either both subbed or both dubbed?

OF COURSE IT IS A DIFFERENT TIMEFRAME THAN USUAL BECAUSE I CANNOT WATCH THE FIRST 10 MINUTES LIVE NOW BECAUSE I HAD ANOTHER DAY OFF

Do they really think people are just gonna wait an hour later instead of simply just watching the American stream or European stream? I really don’t get the logic in this at all but whatever
It is presumably Nintendo UK being super cautious to avoid offense. Here's a selection of things I've been told about which are happening back home in the UK:

• self-service kiosks in fast-food restaurants display a memorial message about the Queen
  • in Oxford, a man was arrested for shouting 'who elected him' when the Proclamation was read out announcing King Charles III's accession to the throne
  • in Scotland, a woman was arrested for holding a sign saying "fuck the monarchy"
  • sporting fixtures were delayed and cancelled
  • funerals taking place on the same day as the Queen's funeral have been cancelled

I know people joke about how crazy the monarchy is, but it's on another level. It's not the hysteria that happened when Diana died, but there's still an enormous amount of frankly disturbing deference being displayed and performed now, to the point that it is irrational.

Do they really think people are just gonna wait an hour later instead of simply just watching the American stream or European stream? I really don’t get the logic in this at all but whatever
It's mostly a gesture for the people who, for whatever reason, care. People who don't give a damn will just watch the American/European stream, whereas people who do will appreciate Nintendo UK's thoughtful gesture. or something idk how the monarchy fandom works

Oh wait a minute, I actually overlooked the last part of the tweet. The tweet states that the roughly 40 minute direct will focus mostly on games releasing this winter.

So this might narrow some shit down lmao.

Oh wait a minute, I actually overlooked the last part of the tweet. The tweet states that the roughly 40 minute direct will focus mostly on games releasing this winter.

So this might narrow some shit down lmao.
It's no different to the usual 'focus' in a Direct. Most software shown launches within 6 months; a handful of things further out are shown.

Sorry, I’m not managing to keep up with everything moving so fast here so just @ me if there are some questions that I or other staff are missing!

How does this "members only" thing even work? Like...on a technical basis? I am fine because I am permanently logged in on my phone but how would the site know whether I am a member or not before I put in my login data? And in order to do that, I need to open the site? Or is it just the topics aren't showing before you log in?

Technical staff please enlighten me. I am genuinely curious.

But I also don't wanna derail this thread so here us my on-topic contribution: Will we get a month or - God forbid- a date for BOTW2? Or will it stay a vague "Spring 2023"?

The forum classifies site guests as members or non-members, and non-members temporarily don’t have privileges to read the boards on the forum (same as how R&D is permanently set up). So non-members can visit the front page of the site, but not see the boards unless they register.

Anybody who freaked out over the morning timing, turn in your Pattern Badge and Pattern Gun. You're off the case.

yep, but it's too soon for that so I have no idea but still hoping there will be something after this, it's just make sense or maybe they really broken this 6 year old pattern.

I mean, Nintendo moved up a game this year already, who's to say they're not doing ir again.........

I am kidding ofc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please check out the most recent staff post on following community rules and guidelines before posting. Thanks!
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom