• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong β€” Pre-release Discussion Thread

When it's put like that, it's quite crazy.

You do have to wonder what's behind the game's development. I don't think there's anything dramatic, just "we took our time and made sure we gave it all", which is the best possible approach to making a game. But that doesn't leave me any less curious.
it’s so much simpler than that

β€œgames take long, we’re three people, william had a kid”

see you on the other side, true believers…

perhaps I will be the clown, but I imagine if it was ready to be shown off, The Game Awards would definitely want to, and it would be a higher profile event.

Edit- after looking back at the last page, I am obviously not saying anything new or insightful.

lmao

not surprising but them’s the breaks!

it would be absolutely wacky for it to be at TGA but it could happen

it gives me pause that Graig has joked about there being a TGA trailer that is β€œdefinitely real” β€” which means there’s pretty much no way in hell

I think the first half of 2024 will suit it very well, but later in the year won’t shock me either. looking forward to it!

it’s so much simpler than that

β€œgames take long, we’re three people, william had a kid”

Plus this time around they should have a comfortable cash cushion from Hollow Knight that means they can work on their schedule instead of having to realistically get the product out asap to actually make money on it.

L Bozos is just the CEO of the worldwide shipping company Amozon
not sure why he's relevant in this thread though
ah! got it! so there is a problem here

33guarkb46gb1.jpg
truly

xenoblade3-xenoblade-chronicles3.gif

clearly the issue is that not nearly enough of us have dressed up like spiders and trussed heads of state

or maybe we have to go to uhhhh (checks notes) the spider vatican?

anyways it’s been nothing but fun to be constantly deeply wrong as a gag

I’ll miss it someday

not necessarily. nintendo was handling the marketing before that. MS doesn't have marketing rights to all the games that come to game pass.
It’s no guarantee that Xbox has the marketing rights, but they’re definitely the most likely, if anyone has them at all. Nintendo announcing the game nearly half a decade ago doesn’t change that.

If it’s not at the game awards, I’m setting my expectations for Xbox’s next big showcase, personally.

It’s no guarantee that Xbox has the marketing rights, but they’re definitely the most likely, if anyone has them at all. Nintendo announcing the game nearly half a decade ago doesn’t change that.

If it’s not at the game awards, I’m setting my expectations for Xbox’s next big showcase, personally.
no one has β€œmarketing rights,” they have partnerships

Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be a third game and this can go on for however long you want
please don’t put that curse upon them, I think two games in a series is plenty!

I think we’ll need to invent entirely new kinds of shitposting for Fearless Fox

Definitely has strong feeling that part of the reason for Silksong delay is because Team Cherry got a deal with Xbox and PS to have it on their platform as the same time as Nintendo…

my biggest worry for this game is that it might be succumbing to scope creep, the original game was lauded as a huge game with a gigantic map and I think they want to go even bigger for the sequel.

my biggest worry for this game is that it might be succumbing to scope creep, the original game was lauded as a huge game with a gigantic map and I think they want to go even bigger for the sequel.

Yeah, my thoughts as well, and it's so unnecessary. The first game was already way too bloated as it was

People worried about Silksong being too big meanwhile I'm like...

more-kylo-ren.gif

Seriously, though, I loved how huge Hollow Knight was. I didn't think it dragged for a second and I was never overwhelmed by it. I was just... enthralled and immersed. If Silksong is bigger, I'll be a happy camper.

At this point I'm expecting the degree of extra content at launch as the HK post-launch content updates like Grimm Troupe and Godmaster, but feeling far less tacked-on, fully organically integrated.

Silksong is being shown off a bit here, not sure if there's new footage.

Edit: Nothing truly new.

In my head I constantly just categorise Silksong as being 4 to 6 months away, regardless of actual time passing.

I just woke up from chaotic Silksong dreams. the voice… has chosen me!

I really had doubts about TGA having anything, but you know what? I’ll roll those fucking bones apropos nothing but a scrap of sleep!

we’re so back gang, we’re so back

I just woke up from chaotic Silksong dreams. the voice… has chosen me!

I really had doubts about TGA having anything, but you know what? I’ll roll those fucking bones apropos nothing but a scrap of sleep!

we’re so back gang, we’re so back
πŸ™Œ πŸ™Œ πŸ™Œ

Feels more likely than other recent gaming events. I don't even know what I'll do if we finally get a release date. Probably run around the neighborhood screaming like a lunatic.

gonna watch either way because i love the freaking game awards but i need someone else to decide for me whether i should get my hopes up

I don't see it being here. It's been obvious since TC skipped the previous release window that they are just going to do their own thing. When it's ready to release, they'll show it.

I don't see it being here. It's been obvious since TC skipped the previous release window that they are just going to do their own thing. When it's ready to release, they'll show it.
Well what if they're ready now?

Let me have my hope dammit (though personally I think the vibes are off)

Back
Top Bottom