• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

i just don't get it. make a tweet on the team cherry account, saying hey, it's not gonna be released by june, we're still working on it, we'll keep you updated. that's it. it's not that hard. there's nothing to be gained by being this elusive.

Last edited:
i just don't get it. make a tweet on the team cherry account, saying hey, it's not gonna be released before by june, we're still working on it, we'll keep you updated. that's it. it's not that hard. there's nothing to be gained by being this elusive.
Thank. You. This is all I want. Just say "Hey, the game is taking a little bit longer than we originally anticipated, so Hollow Knight Silksong will not be able to meet the original release window given by Microsoft. Development is still progressing smoothly and we'll give an update when we get closer to launch". That's all they have to say. It takes five minutes.

i just don't get it. make a tweet on the team cherry account, saying hey, it's not gonna be released by june, we're still working on it, we'll keep you updated. that's it. it's not that hard. there's nothing to be gained by being this elusive.
I agree, i don't understand what do they (Team Cherry) gain with being so secretive about it; maybe they're afraid of the backlash in announcing a "delay"?
But then again, they already suffer backlash from not giving any news... so there is no win for them.

If it doesn't come out in June, we are going to be totally in the dark, which leads me to think the game will be featured in either Nintendo or Microsoft's big presentation of that month.

If it isn't, then, oh boy, we'd better brace for utter darkness; the one you usually encounter in the lowest parts of Deepnest.

The original released a few weeks before Breath of the Wild. If anything, they should shadow-drop it today!

Thank. You. This is all I want. Just say "Hey, the game is taking a little bit longer than we originally anticipated, so Hollow Knight Silksong will not be able to meet the original release window given by Microsoft. Development is still progressing smoothly and we'll give an update when we get closer to launch". That's all they have to say. It takes five minutes.
I guess this or at the very least Microsoft acknowledging the delay in some way, since both the marketing and a direct response on twitter clearly implied Silksong out within the 12 months window is (or was if a delay happens) the original plan (something a playtester/close friend of TC even confirmed).

moreover, Silksong has been protected and registered as a digital game (class 9) since November 2017

the additional trademarks from Dec 2022 cover things like toys, etc

and this January one, for class 42?

I’m not certain! it pertains to hardware / software. my guess would be physical — but Hollow Knight has physical copies without classification 42

it should be noted they also filed a 42 for Fearless Fox in the same batch

so the key game trademark was approved LONG ago — and they don’t necessarily have to wait for approval even on things like toys

again… those things already technically exist

what this tells us is that they submitted for a much wider range of Hollow Knight goods, memorabilia, etc in December / January — something I don’t think they would have done if they weren’t just about ready to do something

Class 42 might be for video game rentals

MlIVbXw.jpg

not gamepass, though — which was one of my suspicions — as it pertains to “rental of non-downloadable software”

it’s also not for marketing materials, since even though 42 covers some marketing, class 35 covers the kind of marketing materials relevant to Silksong

1.Ok the GamePass thing was absolutely true

2.Is this game like the Deltarune of Hollow Knight? I mean maybe dumb comparison but considering this evolved from DLC I assumed it would be about equal in size, a more typical sequel, but if its been this long I feel it might dwarf the original in scope

I love love love the Twitter user who reads “We had planned to release in the 1st half of 2023, but development is still continuing…we want to take the time to make the game as good as we can” and is somehow like “so it’s unclear, is it still coming out in June or…?”

They didn't not update because it was hard...
I wasn't saying it was actually hard, I was just being sarcastic because they've been radio silent when just an occasional tweet like this will be enough to sate most people. Not even salty cause I'm waiting for the game, it's more that Silksong has cast a long shadow over Nintendo's indie events and it has become immeasurably insufferable to watch Hollow Knight fans drown out every indie world - usually full of a bunch of cool shit - with "WHERE SILKSONG" every single time. Literally all TC has to do to stop this is sending out a single tweet saying "hey don't expect us to ever be at these events" (even if it is blindingly obvious at this point) and a lot of it will end, but they insist on this meaningless silence

Was feeling inevitable once we passed March with no news. Glad to hear official confirmation though. I imagine it's difficult to nail down a time frame estimate when you're 3 people making only your second full game and so many things impact and can throw out a release date. Plus there's a lot more hype/expectation and pressure to live up to the first game.

wooo!

I’m good with that, wondered back in January when it was implied the whole heavy multi-platform bug testing & refining was pretty grueling and longer-to-address bugs could arise

looking forward to it when it comes. until then, happy trails

Wow, it actually was meant to be released in that xbox window. I am genuinely surprised. Kind of matches with Nate's prediction that it's coming soon back in December.

Also, it feels surreal that they actually addressed the complaints, perhaps there was a serious reason for that (or maybe I'm unaware of some discord riots that took place recently haha). Probably calling 2024 at this point is not that crazy.

just how fucking big is it?-era of gaming is upon us, judging by Team Cherry's "the game is getting bigger than we thought, working on it!" and TOTK impressions

That's how you know the Hollow Knight series is the one true successor to the Metroid series... both fandoms must SUFFER before a new game is released.
laughs in Axiom Verge -being the real successor IMO, not a Soulsborne- because each game is made by ONE person with a 5-6 years between each

What do you think, friends? Is there even the slightest chance we'll see Silksong tomorrow?

1%

it might, but I would legitimately be shocked if they had a marketing trailer / release date announcement ready to go in their original target month that they’ve since delayed out of

Dunno how the fandom at large is taking it, but glad they came out and announced the delay, because now I don’t expect news at ALL. She’ll release when she releases.

It's funny. I was so confident the game would be out by now just like 8 weeks ago ( or have a release date). Now, this game feels like it was cancelled to me.

I hope we see it but I think I know deep down that this game is 2024 at earliest now.

It's funny. I was so confident the game would be out by now just like 8 weeks ago ( or have a release date). Now, this game feels like it was cancelled to me.

I hope we see it but I think I know deep down that this game is 2024 at earliest now.
I think the wording they used really gives 2024 vibes.

"Development is still continuing" doesn't make it seem like its release is close. Maybe that was intentional to get us all to calm down and be patient. Maybe it wasn't. But the result is that almost everyone is having 2024 feelings regarding this game.

I'm not Hollow Knight biggest fan (or Nendoroid's for that matter), but I preordered those sweet looking figures already. They look amazing

I love Fangamer. I have ordered tons of stuff from them, but $44 each for the Nendoroid figures seems a little outrageous to me. I have multiple hand-made/painted Hollow Knight statues that I bought from Etsy for around $20 a piece. I know you generally get what you pay for, but I feel like that’s just too much.

I love Fangamer. I have ordered tons of stuff from them, but $44 each for the Nendoroid figures seems a little outrageous to me. I have multiple hand-made/painted Hollow Knight statues that I bought from Etsy for around $20 a piece. I know you generally get what you pay for, but I feel like that’s just too much.
Around $50 is not unusual for Nendoroids, depending on the size and the license they're using. It might at least partly be the brand name but I also think you get a lot for that money :D

Back
Top Bottom