• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

IMG-1709.gif

I’m not falling for this again.

(Get hype)

Hey, you never know, right?

that's been me with any gaming event/show in the past many years. honestly it's kind of fun, because of silksong i've been introduced to many new games and seen many cool trailers that i otherwise wouldn't have seen.

My interest for silksong was gone for the last 12 months, but somehow I really currently would be in a metroidvania mood, especially of either igavania or hollow knight style.

Come on, come out already :O
Maybe it is a launch game for switch2 and team cherry themselves are annoyed that it's ready and waiting while they work on their next game

hmm... Hollow Knight is available to play with NSO (from 3/25 to 3/31). Only Japan posted this so far, let's see if NoA or EU will post this tomorrow.

in my vision I see the surface tension of the world, no longer pulled invisibly taut, but strained. sudden stretch marks, like it all might give, like what’s holding us together is on the verge of bursting.

the voice… is calling me…

Hope I'm not getting anyone too excited since this is not any crazy official news, but it looks like we have an Xbox store page up for the game now with an ESRB rating. Is that new?

Edit - eShop page is up too but as I understand that has been around for a while. There is no ESRB rating on the eShop page.

Edit 2 - Rating isn't on ESRB website yet but is present on Xbox store page

Last edited:
Hope I'm not getting anyone too excited since this is not any crazy official news, but it looks like we have an Xbox store page up for the game now with an ESRB rating. Is that new?

Edit - eShop page is up too but as I understand that has been around for a while. There is no ESRB rating on the eShop page.

Edit 2 - Can't find the rating on ESRB's website.
Really Microsoft/Team Cherry? Why today out of all days?

Wow I genuinely forgot about silksong in a moment, also that reminds me…

I really want silksong 😔

i'm 100% sure it did have an xbox page already since it was announced, then got a ps page when that version was announced. steam and eshop pages have been up for years too, of course. what seems to be new is the ability to wishlist on xbox (you could already wishlist on switch and steam, also for years). and the esrb rating.

exciting news nonetheless, things are heating up.

The ESRB rating seems... promising?

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but do I now dare to hope for a release within the 2020's?

also i thought leth said they won't have to get an esrb rating for a digital release? do they plan on launching the game with a physical release also?

also i thought leth said they won't have to get an esrb rating for a digital release? do they plan on launching the game with a physical release also?
if you do digital and release through IARC, you can get your rating whenever you hit the submit button

for instance, Grögol Bonanza is already E10+...

based on their patterns and strategies though, I'd say we're definitely moving towards legit

I don't think this necessarily means it's April, to be clear... but if somehow it is, that'll be great for the gag

Funnily enough this gives power to the supposed Indies presentation that is rumoured to happen sometime soon. They could finally reveal a release date there.

I feel like this game will be my personal swan song for the Switch. After it's out, I truly feel like I've got everything I wanted out of that little machine, and will eagerly await for the successor.

Dunno if that's old news or not, but the german Xbox store page now lists an USK rating (you know, the ones from germany with the big ugly stickers).

Rated USK 12, same as Hollow Knight.

Funnily enough this gives power to the supposed Indies presentation that is rumoured to happen sometime soon. They could finally reveal a release date there.
well I wouldn’t go that far

but maybe!

Xbox Store page updates + rated by ESRB/GRAC New
There’s been quite the commotion about Team Cherry’s Hollow Knight: Silksong due to its Xbox Store page and ESRB rating suddenly going live. If those aren’t enough to indicate an impending announcement, the highly anticipated Metroidvania has been rated “12+” in South Korea.

Interestingly, the Game Rating and Administration Committee (GRAC) rated it on February 20th, 2024. Combined with the more recent ESRB listing, something may be coming up. Whether it’s a release date, new gameplay or just a reminder that the game exists remains to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom