• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

February seems like our last hope for a while. If TC doesn’t say anything on or around the 5 year anniversary of the trailer, then the game probably still pretty far off.

yeahhhhh figured it was never gonna happen at TGA

I still think we’ll see it next year, and I love the notion of February, but it truly could be any time

Someone on a podcast who was speculating idly said March. That's my target, for no reason.

Yeah, I honestly, unironically got a feeling that we are closer to it than ever :) It just... you know, gotta be 2024 at this point lol.

Yeah, I honestly, unironically got a feeling that we are closer to it than ever :) It just... you know, gotta be 2024 at this point lol.

Every passing day means we are one day closer, which is kind of morbid in a way. On the one hand, we are one day closer to the eventual reveal, but on the other we are one day closer to our eventual demises. :unsure:

How many days left though is another question...

Wonder what the chances are this thread will hit its 3rd anniversary without any news.
Wonder what the chances are that Team Cherry is lurking here and they're literally waiting for it to hit its 3rd anniversary before sharing any news?

Wonder what the chances are this thread will hit its 3rd anniversary without any news.
That'd be February 14th, right? Given that was the announcement date and also Hollow Knight originally launched in February, I've had an extremely rough idea that Silksong might launch this February. Based on nothing other than that, really.

Actually I thought it might last year and we all know how that went, but hey, run it back!

That'd be February 14th, right? Given that was the announcement date and also Hollow Knight originally launched in February, I've had an extremely rough idea that Silksong might launch this February. Based on nothing other than that, really.

Actually I thought it might last year and we all know how that went, but hey, run it back!
I mean the start date of this thread, November 10th 2021.

we're less than a month away from the 5th anniversary of the game being announced, crazy.

edit: just made an edit to the OP after like a year, replacing the fandom wiki link with the new independent HK wiki

Last edited:
kDaBSPr.gif

very cruel if this is just regional xbox accounts trolling

the big question is why is it titles silksong and not hollow knight: silksong. could it be that team cherry has decided to just call the game silksong at this point?

not really silksong related, but david kazi, one of the devs on the original game who left team cherry in 2017, has started a new studio.

Last edited:
not really silksong related, but david kazi, one of the devs on the original game who left team cherry shortly after the release of HK, has started a new studio.

Wait wasn't Team Cherry just three people? Did he get replaced or is TC now only two?

Wait wasn't Team Cherry just three people? Did he get replaced or is TC now only two?
team cherry:
  • ari gibson: co-director of the studio, works on animation, art and game design
  • william pellen: co-director of the studio, works on game design
  • david kazi: technical director on HK, left team cherry in 2017
  • jack vine: coder, helped team cherry with the console ports of HK and joined them full time for silksong
  • honorary members: christopher larkin, composer for HK and silksong, and matthew griffin, handles marketing and PR for team cherry

team cherry:
  • ari gibson: co-director of the studio, works on animation, art and game design
  • william pellen: co-director of the studio, works on game design
  • david kazi: technical director on HK, left team cherry in 2017
  • jack vine: coder, helped team cherry with the console ports of HK and joined them full time for silksong
  • honorary members: christopher larkin, composer for HK and silksong, and matthew griffin, handles marketing and PR for team cherry
Rad, thanks. Had always heard it was a 3-person team but had no idea there was a swap after HK 😅

David Kazi left all the way back in 2017, shortly after the release of Hollow Knight, and was their original programmer (with his job title being technical director). He apparently got a corporate job, but they don't seem to have parted on bad terms.

His replacement is Jack Vine, who did the consoles ports and programmed the Godmaster DLC. TC always has been 2 artists (Ari & William) and 1 programmer (Jack).

Absolutely wild people are asking a different indie team what Team Cherry is up to lmao. Must not feel great to announce a new project and get flooded with questions about a game you don't work on because of a liked tweet.

Absolutely wild people are asking a different indie team what Team Cherry is up to lmao. Must not feel great to announce a new project and get flooded with questions about a game you don't work on because of a liked tweet.
yeah, it's pretty sad. fans are acting unhinged, bothering a different dev with unrelated replies because team cherry liked a tweet.

copium but with their previous goal of h1 2023 I feel like it can't be that far away unless they had a huge change in it's development, I think an update at the next direct is plausible
It would be fitting: First trailer at a direct last trailer at a direct. But I hope not, because they could delay it to the 14th to honor the anniversary./s

Edit: Silksong at Direct confirmed./s

Last edited:
copium but with their previous goal of h1 2023 I feel like it can't be that far away unless they had a huge change in it's development, I think an update at the next direct is plausible
That's true.

But, at the same time, I've been telling myself "it can't be too distant now" for at least two years. So who knows.

5th anniversary of the Silksong announcement is coming up, I really think we'll get something major. The glorious Edge cover feels it too.

EqjwFCTXcAEJFJC

Can you be nostalgic for silksong?
Yes, yes you can.

When the game gets a proper re announcement it will feel like a sequel to silksong for me. I can't really connect a new hollow knight/silksong game to my excitement back then, so yeah.

What's hurting the most: back then they where jocking that after HK they can move on to something else. And now silksongs 5 years in.
I really wanted to see what else they can do.
But that's probably the earliest in 2030 by this pace.

Woof. Five whole years. This is why I strongly prefer when games are announced like six months from release.

I get most of my gaming news from browsing Famiboards. I’m thoroughly skeptical whenever there’s a new post in this thread like I want to get excited, but now…

IMG-1414.gif

Five years is way too long to keep your fanbase waiting with barely any update since. I get they're a small team and games take a long time to make but don't release what could have easily been a launch trailer so far out. And if something went wrong with development, communicate better.

Five years is way too long to keep your fanbase waiting with barely any update since. I get they're a small team and games take a long time to make but don't release what could have easily been a launch trailer so far out. And if something went wrong with development, communicate better.
I'm just so jaded at this point. I used to defend Team Cherry fiercely but their behavior has become completely indefensible by now. My hype for Silksong is like one tenth what it used to be. Of course I'll play it no matter what when it comes out, but TC better explain themselves at some point or they risk any good will that's left from fans.

Back
Top Bottom