• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

i’ll also say there’s been an increase in joking about a TGA trailer, noted to “definitely exist” by silk-knowing shitposters — which, given the patterns, suggests to me that it definitely doesn’t

so my view is it comes either after TGA… or before

but then again, Keighley has implied many times that he’d truly love to get his digits on a savory slice of silksong pie…

World of Intrigue!

everything
is something and nothing!

Got distracted with work and thought to myself: "The showcase must have happened by now. Let's see if Silksong was shown."

But then I found out it's still two hours away. Now I have to wait impatiently.

Got distracted with work and thought to myself: "The showcase must have happened by now. Let's see if Silksong was shown."

But then I found out it's still two hours away. Now I have to wait impatiently.
joiiiiin ussssss

get tangled up in the web and interpret your own hallucinations and pains as signs of eternal silk

r2objhaj4n481.jpg

lmaoooooo Happy Halloween! this is the trick

the treat... comes later...

Four and a half years since that (pretty expansive) reveal trailer.

I almost never criticise devs but the tumbleweed communication isn't a great way to treat fans of your first game.

Four and a half years since that (pretty expansive) reveal trailer.

I almost never criticise devs but the tumbleweed communication isn't a great way to treat fans of your first game.
I don't even mind the lack of communication. I'm just worried about the game itself at this point. Hollow Knight is already pretty dense. I don't want Silksong to be bigger, especially at the cost of polish. Scope creep is a very real thing and I hope they don't overdo it on trying to outdo Hollow Knight.

I think I see the problem here. The bottom graph line isn't able to interact with the completion line.

Y'all see the same right?

F9_3RMfWkAA2sAE

So, this is definitely hopium, but I found it interesting that considering how anemic the "most anticipated game" nominees at the game awards are, Silksong wasn't included..

Last edited:
That category is for games that have confirmed 2024 release dates only.
It actually isn't. It's for any formally announced future games (Geoff's words from the stream where they announced the nominees).

I assume GTA 6 wasn't eligible as it technically hasn't been announced outside of a press release that came weeks after the nominees were selected.

sorry for this but
I understand it's sort of A Thing to expect Silksong to show up at Indie World

but

isn't it a big enough deal by now that it'd be more likely to show up in a Direct?

sorry for this but

but

isn't it a big enough deal by now that it'd be more likely to show up in a Direct?
I think that's what most people have decided on at this point but silly things like rationality aren't going to stop me from getting my hopes up

sorry for this but

but

Absolutely. But let us grasp at any straws we can find :'(

sorry for this but

but

here’s the deal:

it’s likely at either as a “golden indie” — perfectly poised for whichever it suits best

directs are always based on scheduling — and we’ve seen many games at Indie Worlds that could have been in “full Directs” if that was better for their timing, plus standout Indies at full Directs

I am 100% comfortable saying this:

ANYONE WHO HAS EVER SAID SILKSONG CAN’T APPEAR AT AN INDIE WORLD OR A FULL DIRECT IS OUTRIGHT WRONG AND DOESN’T KNOW HOW THESE THINGS WORK.

the most important thing is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS SCHEDULE

SCHEDULE

so yeah! there’s no reason to assume it would be avoided in an Indie World and “saved” for a Direct because that just doesn’t happen.

it’s based on what both Team Cherry and Nintendo have worked out and agreed upon, which will be based on schedule and strategy

debating the Direct v. Indie World binary is a waste of time most times, and ESPECIALLY so for Hollow Knight

Here's your mandatory post saying Silksong is too big for an Indie Direct.
there is literally no reason on this earth to believe that, and this isn’t how these things work

all this isn’t me saying “Silksong is there gang I promise!”

it’s just this aspect that we keep going in circles about isn’t up for debate, it’s always been a wrong assumption, and people talking about it like it’s a fact are profoundly off-base

here’s the deal:

it’s likely at either as a “golden indie” — perfectly poised for whichever it suits best

directs are always based on scheduling — and we’ve seen many games at Indie Worlds that could have been in “full Directs” if that was better for their timing, plus standout Indies at full Directs

I am 100% comfortable saying this:

ANYONE WHO HAS EVER SAID SILKSONG CAN’T APPEAR AT AN INDIE WORLD OR A FULL DIRECT IS OUTRIGHT WRONG AND DOESN’T KNOW HOW THESE THINGS WORK.

the most important thing is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS SCHEDULE

SCHEDULE

so yeah! there’s no reason to assume it would be avoided in an Indie World and “saved” for a Direct because that just doesn’t happen.

it’s based on what both Team Cherry and Nintendo have worked out and agreed upon, which will be based on schedule and strategy

debating the Direct v. Indie World binary is a waste of time most times, and ESPECIALLY so for Hollow Knight
Oh yeah and let me be clear, I just meant probability, not like it had to be. I just see a lot of hype for it when Indie Worlds in particular come up (not that there's no hype when Directs do) and my thought nowadays is "couldn't it be anywhere at this point?"

I guess "hype every possible event including Geoff's" is the right thing 😉

Though I do feel that if it ends up being in an Indie World it'll be the bigass "ope, there's one more thing" surprise at the end

When it's put like that, it's quite crazy.

You do have to wonder what's behind the game's development. I don't think there's anything dramatic, just "we took our time and made sure we gave it all", which is the best possible approach to making a game. But that doesn't leave me any less curious.

Back
Top Bottom