• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

giphy.gif

And thats why it will be there, because the silksong hype is on a low =P

i will not look at any mossbag videos anymore, could spoil something.

Honestly, I feel like it's time. It's been roughly four months since the footage we've seen in the latest trailer would've been recorded.

I'm no expert, but interesting details like the UI appearing completely finished and polished, and the backgrounds having depth added to them (something that historically was done late in HK's development) has me feeling that it's been in the testing phase for a while.

Are they done playtesting through to the final product? I don't know, but I'm feeling good about where the game is at currently and frankly there's no better time for a reveal than at a full-scale Nintendo Direct.

Here's to hoping! 🤞🤞

Its "during this year", even with them in the polishing phase, that can be another 4 months or so till its release ready, who even knows. but want to belive.

I think it's finally time!!! Of course, I've said that at least a dozen times in the past, so what do I know?

I think it's finally time!!! Of course, I've said that at least a dozen times in the past, so what do I know?
Really not sure. it said "int he next 12 months" just a few months ago at E3. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear much until later this year.

Is it a coincidence that Fangamer just released a new line of Hollow Knight figures the day before the Direct????

Yes. Yes, it is.

I’m not really feeling it tomorrow either - all we know is the game will be out by June 2023 (as of now), so to me that seems more like a February Direct announcement. No real reason for it, that’s just what I’m feeling.

This is probably why it's taking so long - the first game was announced and released for PC only at first. A team of ~3 people doing an even bigger game + COVID + having 5 more launch platforms is a recipe for a hell of a wait

now that all platforms are confirmed i wonder if team cherry will post the trailer on their channel or make a tweet at least.

I don't know what to make of this news. I've heard some say it bodes well for getting a release date sooner, and others saying the opposite.

I'm certainly glad those on the PlayStation are gonna be able to play though.

I don't know what to make of this news. I've heard some say it bodes well for getting a release date sooner, and others saying the opposite.

I'm certainly glad those on the PlayStation are gonna be able to play though.
To me, it suggests the game is basically done. Team Chery initially said they were only going to do two platforms at launch, then expand later, due to a lack of resources. But now they've announced 5 platforms. So I think the core gameplay has to be finished, and we're in the "get all the ports up to snuff" phase. But who knows how long that will last?

What's interesting is as far as I can tell, the PS4/PS5 version is NOT confirmed to be coming on day one like Switch/PC/Xbox

To me, it suggests the game is basically done. Team Chery initially said they were only going to do two platforms at launch, then expand later, due to a lack of resources. But now they've announced 5 platforms. So I think the core gameplay has to be finished, and we're in the "get all the ports up to snuff" phase. But who knows how long that will last?

What's interesting is as far as I can tell, the PS4/PS5 version is NOT confirmed to be coming on day one like Switch/PC/Xbox
On that same note, and also as a fun tidbit, the Switch port for Hollow Knight was announced a month before the game released on PC.

I'm impressed by the subtle colour tweaks, which seem to be going in a dustier, monochrome direction I think. Is it just me or have they blurred the backgrounds even more?

I wonder if Sony went the Microsoft way and threw money (or perhaps resources) at Team Cherry to get the game to come to Playstation.
My impression/theory at this point is that TC were going to repeat the HK launch, aiming for NSW/PC on day 1, but both PS and Xbox knocked on their door and incentivised them (money/marketing/distribution deal, etc.) to instead aim for a multiplat release on day 1 respectively. Basically non-officially delaying the other versions as a consequence, but lucky for them they obviously never communicated anything regarding a potential timeline. Their silence has been a bit weird, but it's not like anyone can really reproach them for doing it this way. Potentially.

My impression/theory at this point is that TC were going to repeat the HK launch, aiming for NSW/PC on day 1, but both PS and Xbox knocked on their door and incentivised them (money/marketing/distribution deal, etc.) to instead aim for a multiplat release on day 1 respectively. Basically non-officially delaying the other versions as a consequence, but lucky for them they obviously never communicated anything regarding a potential timeline. Their silence has been a bit weird, but it's not like anyone can really reproach them for doing it this way. Potentially.
That would make a lot of sense, but like you said since they never even gave a release window no one really knows if there was a delay due to something like that or not. Hell, they still haven't actually given a release window themselves, AFAIK the only reason we have a window is since Microsoft did the whole "within the next 12 months" thing for their show and then Microsoft confirmed it on twitter for Silksong as well. But you could be dead on here.

I watched the entire video. While it doesn’t give much of anything in terms of news, it’s still very humorous and entertaining. I’m actually friends with Graig on Discord. He opened friend requests for like 5 minutes during TGA last year and I managed to send an invite in time. We have never spoken, but we’re also best friends, obviously.

Just remembered we are about one-third of the way through the release window given to us by Microsoft. It's coming, folks.

Oh, didn't even see an Indie World was announced. Lol. I'm not feeling it at all right now. I think with the recent Xbox and Playstation announcements, we are much more likely to see it at TGA.

let’s gooooooooo

normally I’m v “hype responsibly” but today I’m saying fuck it, we know it’s soon and Nintendo is the only party that hasn’t shown a new trailer. I’m calling it now: release date.

i'm thinking zero chance on wednesday but i have a small amount of hope for a release date confirmation at the game awards

Back
Top Bottom