• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

I'm also not expecting to see it at this Indie World. I think Silksong has become too big for that now.

Still, it'd be nice to get a release date soon!

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see it at an Indie World at this point.

Which is why it might happen! Let's goooooooo. :p

I'm starting to think this game is gonna launch uncomfortably close to Zelda TOTK, it's multiplatform and it's still gonna do really well, I was just hoping it would launch a few months before to help me cope with the wait.

Silksong has skipped every Nintendo indie event ever since it was announced, and the one time it has showed up since 2019 was at Xbox's equivalent to an E3 showcase. The fact that people STILL shit up indie worlds over it is insane tbh.

I'm not really expecting it tomorrow either, but not because it's an indie showcase but rather that I expect it to release next year.

There's always going to be games overshadow other games at direct style shows, much like it was overshadowed both in the Nintendo direct it was featured and the Xbox showcase it was featured it still made a big impact on the shows.

I'm starting to think this game is gonna launch uncomfortably close to Zelda TOTK, it's multiplatform and it's still gonna do really well, I was just hoping it would launch a few months before to help me cope with the wait.
I've been guessing a February 2023 release date for a while now, and I still think that's when it'll happen. Why? No big reason, really, other than a feeling :p. And I guess associating February with Silksong/HK in general, since it's when HK launched and Silksong was announced.

Is there a reason why Team Cherry doesnt post any of these new trailers or announcements on thier own channel? Do they have a new channel i missed?

Is there a reason why Team Cherry doesnt post any of these new trailers or announcements on thier own channel? Do they have a new channel i missed?
it's weird, i thought the reason they didn't post anything on their youtube channel or blog after the last trailer was that there will be a release date announcement soon or whatever, but it's been months and even after the PS announcement there's nothing new on the blog and they still haven't uploaded the e3 trailer to their youtube channel.

Well TGA is just around the corner. It's now or never for a 2022 release...
I think the ship has sailed on it launching this year. Unless they do something wild like announce it for a Christmas release date or something (which would be cool!). I’m still leaning toward it being February

Well TGA is just around the corner. It's now or never for a 2022 release...
I don't think TGAs is an unlikely time for it to show up but I've given up on any specific date at this point

It'll happen when it happens and I don't have it in me to get excited until we get a concrete idea of when that would be

I don't think TGAs is an unlikely time for it to show up but I've given up on any specific date at this point

It'll happen when it happens and I don't have it in me to get excited until we get a concrete idea of when that would be
Well the "1 year window" thing from the microsoft show (assuming that's still true, which I'm going with barring new info) it will be out within the next ~6 months, or basically by E3. Which isn't too bad! Just a question of when we'll next see it and finally get a date.

I'm pretending that this game doesn't exist.
And when it releases, in 5 or 6 years, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I actually believe we'll get a February release date at TGA. Keighley said something recently about finally getting to show a game from around the world that he's been wanting to show for a few years. Feels like a Silksong tease to me.

And if it doesn't get shown? Well we're still only half a year from the one year deadline. I can wait a little bit longer.

Ok no TGA but GUYS

Ok no TGA but GUYS

Oh, wow! In Drake I trust.

I wonder if he is using the same baseline for "soon" as he was using in the Direct threads. Because if he is, then this thing is just around the corner. I remember that when the Direct was about one month away he would say "soonish" rather than "soon".

Anyway, tin-foil speculation aside, I am hyped!

i mean yeah it is coming soon, it's got like 6 months max and i doubt it's coming in june 2023. feb/march is a safe guess.

Oh, wow! In Drake I trust.

I wonder if he is using the same baseline for "soon" as he was using in the Direct threads. Because if he is, then this thing is just around the corner. I remember that when the Direct was about one month away he would say "soonish" rather than "soon".

Anyway, tin-foil speculation aside, I am hyped!
I think you're right there, I don't think "soon" means like, February. Even beyond dissecting what Nate means by that (though he made it sound very close), I feel like he wouldn't know about an upcoming indie game release unless it was very close

I think this game is coming out by the end of January and wouldn't be shocked at it coming out before the end of the year

Ok no TGA but GUYS

Man, and after TGA I was thinking this thing wasn't coming out for a while.

I also thought what Earthbounder was thinking. If he says "soon, soon" then we could be seeing this any day now.

Thanks for rekindling the hype! Also when I get back from work I'll share a cool tidbit of info I've been chewing on from the HK discord.

Last edited:
Wow, went to bed depressed because of no news, but now I wake up to this. Awesome! I just wish we would get a firm release date. I hate not knowing!

Something interesting I found from an ad is that Silksong appears to be with other December releases like "High on Life" & "Hello Neighbor 2".

Looking back (and doing a little research) you can see that previous ads where games were grouped together also released next to one another.

I really don't think we'll see a December release because no dev wants to be patching bugs over the holidays, but January is looking mighty likely if this theory holds true.

Something interesting I found from an ad is that Silksong appears to be with other December releases like "High on Life" & "Hello Neighbor 2".

Looking back (and doing a little research) you can see that previous ads where games were grouped together also released next to one another.

I really don't think we'll see a December release because no dev wants to be patching bugs over the holidays, but January is looking mighty likely if this theory holds true.

Yeah, and to add to that:

So yeah seems like we're in for a January release!

January would be fab. Sooner than I would expect but still gives sports story its time in the sun.

January's a great release time, honestly. Hopefully it releases far enough away from FE that I don't have to make that choice, but if I do Silksong's winning easily

January's a great release time, honestly. Hopefully it releases far enough away from FE that I don't have to make that choice, but if I do Silksong's winning easily
I do wonder though... since it seems they just barely missed TGA, will they be looking for other events now to pair the release trailer with?

To my knowledge there's no gaming events going on in January, and the direct in February would be the next big thing. I could see them finishing the game soon (like NateDrake has said) but then waiting to show it off at said direct.

I do wonder though... since it seems they just barely missed TGA, will they be looking for other events now to pair the release trailer with?

To my knowledge there's no gaming events going on in January, and the direct in February would be the next big thing. I could see them finishing the game soon (like NateDrake has said) but then waiting to show it off at said direct.
Eh I doubt Nate would be privy to the workings of a 2-3 person indie studio. If he knows the release date, I believe it's because he knows the actual release date from some other source (which may be possible since it's releasing on literally everything now) which to me implies that it's already set in stone.

I have become hyper fixated on Silksong again, to the point where I’m checking for news upwards of five times a day. I really hope Nate was right about the release date coming soon, because I am straight up in agony right now

I have become hyper fixated on Silksong again, to the point where I’m checking for news upwards of five times a day. I really hope Nate was right about the release date coming soon, because I am straight up in agony right now
I feel you haha. Something interesting I've heard from one of the playtesters recently is that TC themselves have a release window (seperate from the 12 month MS window).

Maybe that's what Nate's source is drawing from? I don't think he has an exact date, considering January is just speculation on his part, but perhaps TC themselves have told a 3rd party what kind of timeframe to expect for release.

Regardless, I'd like to hope that Nate is just being cautious and that January is pretty much all but confirmed at this point.

I feel you haha. Something interesting I've heard from one of the playtesters recently is that TC themselves have a release window (seperate from the 12 month MS window).

Maybe that's what Nate's source is drawing from? I don't think he has an exact date, considering January is just speculation on his part, but perhaps TC themselves have told a 3rd party what kind of timeframe to expect for release.

Regardless, I'd like to hope that Nate is just being cautious and that January is pretty much all but confirmed at this point.
How long do finalized games typically need to be submitted to Nintendo/Valve/Microsoft/Sony before they can be released? The game still doesn't have any pricing/preorder options anywhere and I feel from a logistics point of view that the distributors would need some time to sort out details such as this.

Back
Top Bottom