• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

holiow knight when?

IMG-0605.gif

can’t believe we have to wait until October’s Indie World to hear about this…

but yeah it’s fucking absolutely happening

Wait, why is it happening? I want it to be happening, but does this mean it's happening?
Something is happening which is more than we've had visibly happen in a while

Even if that something is that they just felt like doing a Steam page update

had a very involved and convoluted dream in which Team Cherry pulled cleverly concealed tradeshow assets for Silksong out of Hollow-Knight-style camouflaged ones. all reversible.

caught a peek at a dark chunk of library and was absolutely overwhelmed with haunting beauty

there’s something big in the fossils

it’s all unfolding.ccxý

Silksoon

Wtf for some reason I stopped getting notifications on this thread (even though they’re still on!) and I missed the last week of updates. I saw them on Reddit so I’m not that far behind, but I like talking about them more here.

Guess I’ll have to check manually from now on!

Wtf for some reason I stopped getting notifications on this thread (even though they’re still on!) and I missed the last week of updates. I saw them on Reddit so I’m not that far behind, but I like talking about them more here.

Guess I’ll have to check manually from now on!
Ohhh this used to happen to me all the time. If you click a notification that you got a Yeah! on a page, it'll mark notifications of new posts for that page as read and will stop updating you until you revisit it and go to the most recent post and that'll sorta refresh it and get it started again. It took me forever to realize it did that.
Also you can click Unwatch and Watch again at the top of the page and that'll wake it up and have it start sending them again too.

Wtf our fearless leader Mazi got banned??? Who will lead us into the promised land now?

Hope everything is okay with him. If you're reading this Mazi we love you and appreciate everything you've done for the community!

It's funny knowing Xbox got the marketing rights for silksong despite it still going to sell the worst on it even counting gamepass downloads
this literally didn’t happen and has always been speculation

Team Cherry has strategic partnerships with the platform holders it intends to release games on. one of those is Xbox. Xbox sprung for GamePass day one. that’s not exclusivity. at all.

RIP @mazi, hope you’re doing well out there. we appreciate you!

as for power vacuums, we’re a very capable squad, and we were always bound to continue the chaos — fearless leader or none in sight

that said, if we go the ill-advised sitcom route and are hellbent on succession, I would throw my name into the ring

not on account of competency

but because my holistic leadership style includes visions, prophecies, connecting dots not meant to connect, horrible decisions, and a passion for self-destruction

a fearless leader — not towards victory or enlightenment, but towards the back alleys of sense and decency

not on account of competency

but because my holistic leadership style includes visions, prophecies, connecting dots not meant to connect, horrible decisions, and a passion for self-destruction

a fearless leader — not towards victory or enlightenment, but towards the back alleys of sense and decency
so like a Direct Speculation Thread but just for one game

Silktober won’t let us down, pals, and I’ll believe that ‘til the very end of the month

PAX Australia starts today and goes through Sunday. With the recent Xbox New Zealand tweet, does anyone think we have a chance of seeing anything this weekend?

PAX Australia starts today and goes through Sunday. With the recent Xbox New Zealand tweet, does anyone think we have a chance of seeing anything this weekend?
y’know, actually… I don’t

but I do think we’ll be hearing something — even if it’s something small — before the month ends

Thursday is day 1,000 of Daily Silksong News. Maybe Araraura will get Team Cherry to host? There's a small part of me that thinks there is a possibility that we will hear something on that day.

Thursday is day 1,000 of Daily Silksong News. Maybe Araraura will get Team Cherry to host? There's a small part of me that thinks there is a possibility that we will hear something on that day.
Please, let it be Leth to announce there is no news to report.

We have a game for people who want a Silksong experience in 2023, it's called Hollow Knight.
I've played it twice and I admit that, occasionally, I get the urge to give it another go. But I hold back that urge because Silksong is around the corner and I don't like to play prequels or games of the same franchise when a new entry is about to come out. I feel it keeps things fresher.

But then, I've been telling myself Silksong is around the corner for the past year or so. So maybe I should stop resisting the urge to play Hollow Knight again.

so what do we think…any chance of anything today…?
I feel like there would be “murmurs” and “bubblings” etc. if there was anything actually significant coming in the short-term since press would probably know, but I still feel like some tidbit isn’t impossible today

also it’s very fun to imagine the possibility of a Halloween release even if I can’t quite let myself believe it

so what do we think…any chance of anything today…?
I feel like there would be “murmurs” and “bubblings” etc. if there was anything actually significant coming in the short-term since press would probably know, but I still feel like some tidbit isn’t impossible today

also it’s very fun to imagine the possibility of a Halloween release even if I can’t quite let myself believe it

Press might know, but it's equally possible they don't; it's much easier to keep things under wraps when it's only the tiny development team and perhaps a handful of people working on a Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft advertisement stream who know.

Last edited:
look, I normally would say a firm no for this event

but my wildly inaccurate hallucinations* are suggesting it might be this

on Monday I posted “THIS IS THE WEEK” in the general thread — which, to be fair, I would absolutely just do as a shitpost…

but I was also experiencing nerve issues that made it feel like spiders were crawling all over me!

which I obviously had to take as a smoke signal from Big Silk

so HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOO

* last time my “silk senses” accurately called the Indie World, at which there was no Silksong — so do what you will with this unreliable and chaotic enthusiasm + illness combo

Back
Top Bottom