• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

I feel next week is the best chance we've had in a while, fellow Silksingers.
I'm lowkey convinced that Team Cherry is saving it for Switch 2 launch window for extra visibility. It doesn't really make sense but neither does the entire marketing of this game.

I'm just so jaded at this point. I used to defend Team Cherry fiercely but their behavior has become completely indefensible by now. My hype for Silksong is like one tenth what it used to be. Of course I'll play it no matter what when it comes out, but TC better explain themselves at some point or they risk any good will that's left from fans.
It's bizarre how we had a big trailer AND a Nintendo Live in 2019, Edge Magazine in 2020, then a new trailer in 2022, and the game STILL isn't out yet. I'm really interested to see if they communicate at all during the launch of the game. They haven't so far.

Oh, scope creep for sure, since now they had all the money so time was less of a factor.
but i honestly by now think they expected switch 2 to be out earlier, and are still waiting for it.
At the same time, its hard to argue "yeah, its not yet out because of the switch 2".

4k60fps, and added effects is what i expect the difference to be. It will be a jump from Hollow knight, i expect 720p60 on switch 1 with reduced effects.

It is very odd they don't at least do a quarterly "Hey guys, we know you're waiting, we're still working hard!" type of tweet or something. This isn't some random indie game with a couple thousand followers or Kickstarters... to drag on this long in development with basically no communication from the devs is strange.

Now I‘ve seen the enthusiasm of the Silksong Subreddit of sacrificing themself to Team Cherry, I think we should do our part for the good. I‘m not speaking about famiboards, we aren‘t important enough (and we still have to speculate on Switch 2), we should instead sacrifice Resetera, the Hollow Knight dev team gods surely‘ll hear us and shadowdrop Silksong in the Partner Showcase. Who‘s with me?

Now I‘ve seen the enthusiasm of the Silksong Subreddit of sacrificing themself to Team Cherry, I think we should do our part for the good. I‘m not speaking about famiboards, we aren‘t important enough (and we still have to speculate on Switch 2), we should instead sacrifice Resetera, the Hollow Knight dev team gods surely‘ll hear us and shadowdrop Silksong in the Partner Showcase. Who‘s with me?
Why don't we just sacrifice Twitter instead?

No I'm not calling it X Elon can fuck off

Why stop at Twitter? Let‘s sacrifice the whole internet! (Without Famiboards and the Nintendo YouTube channel of course).
tenor.gif

I have the faintest of hopes for this partner (or whatever it actually is) thing this week (allegedly), but I do have some clown makeup on hand.

I'm there day 1 but i wonder if this (and Hades 2) will end up like Rogue Legacy 2 and Spelunky 2 - an indie-hit sequel that that plays it bit too safe/samey and is largely forgotten

I'm there day 1 but i wonder if this (and Hades 2) will end up like Rogue Legacy 2 and Spelunky 2 - an indie-hit sequel that that plays it bit too safe/samey and is largely forgotten
I can’t speak for everyone

but I can speak for myself. both seem very good and interesting, and I think they’ll have their own staying power.

especially Silksong

Cool. It’s comforting that Team Cherry is [checks notes] still working on the only game it has announced and could even reasonably be working on right now.

Glad this was addressed at all. I’d rather get a good game than a rushed one, and I’m enjoying the memes. I wonder if that Unity fuckery from last year has affected anything. Like maybe Team Cherry is desperately trying to get off of Unity and can’t say anything about it yet.

Cool. It’s comforting that Team Cherry is [checks notes] still working on the only game it has announced and could even reasonably be working on right now.

Glad this was addressed at all. I’d rather get a good game than a rushed one, and I’m enjoying the memes. I wonder if that Unity fuckery from last year has affected anything. Like maybe Team Cherry is desperately trying to get off of Unity and can’t say anything about it yet.

I mean, it's like 3 people or something. They could have always taken the money and run, I suppose.

from the official hollow knight discord

2za7lbP.png
The question is if they‘re even speaking about Silksong, they just mentioned „game“ after all. You all are high on copium I know, but you better set your expectations for the cancellation of Silksong and the rise of Zoteboat.
tumblr_ou3yggyR4h1twp98vo1_r1_640.gifv

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they didn't update it at all between '21 and early last year so I guess the fact that they're more on the ball this year is a good thing

I don't think Silksong would be part of a Direct or Nindie thing at this point, I think it's grown bigger than that, my theory is they've purely been adding polish for at least a year and are holding back to coincide with a Shovel Knight/Cuphead style expanded cross-media project with tons of merch, small spin-offs and tie-ins from partner studios, and like a netflix animated project, all blown out in its own showcase presented by Fangamer.

Back
Top Bottom