• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Seems unlikely it would show up in an Xbox indie showcase when it already made headlines in one of its main directs. If anything I would think we’d see it in their summer showcase on June 11th.

Though of course I’d love to be wrong

Explain

If Silksong is launching soon it better be like right now otherwise I'm going to have to really scramble to finish it before ToTK
release date announcement

this wednesday or next wednesday

my silksense tells me so

the gut is sure it’s this wednesday but the braingut is certain it’s next

but it came to me like a soft shock from a pillar of light

wednesday
my dudes…

Last edited:
Please be right
I’ve been called a lot of things but right isn’t one of them

that said, I am right more often than I’d like

meaning this could go a lot of different ways!

Do you have any evidence? It’s always nice to have a gut feeling, but I’m not sure I want to get my hopes up for that

oh god no

100% jehanne d’arcing it

granted there are reasons it could make sense but literally anything I tell you would be made up bullshit to justify my insanity to both myself and y’all

like 6.2% chance that I am right and it will be by sheer coincidence

there was a clear light and sound and a sudden knowing and if I’m being real I was probably having a tiny stroke

or one of the mild visual + auditory hallucinations that I experience daily

but incredibly clearly some sleight of brain made me aware of wednesday

so on the off chance it was true, I said it

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am not a knower of things and I’m certainly not trustworthy, except for when I am both

like last night I literally thought the cow tools print we have on our bathroom door was haunted, lmao, I’m not a source

getting your hopes up for my most lucid and researched posts was also an exercise in futility

we’re all duct-taped to a raft on a river to the moon

the future will be built before you from silk and from song, imperceptible until the mountain speaks

like 6.2% chance that I am right and it will be by sheer coincidence

there was a clear light and sound and a sudden knowing and if I’m being real I was probably having a tiny stroke

or one of the mild visual + auditory hallucinations that I experience daily

but incredibly clearly some sleight of brain made me aware of wednesday

so on the off chance it was true, I said it

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am not a knower of things and I’m certainly not trustworthy, except for when I am both

like last night I literally thought the cow tools print we have on our bathroom door was haunted, lmao, I’m not a source
Well sometimes these things have meaning. I had a premonition about my favorite sports team recently that turned out to be scarily accurate. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but if you turn out to be right i will gift you an e-shop gift card 😊

I think if silksong does come out soon I'm just gonna wait to play it till after TotK.

That just means I'll get to play 2 spectacular games back to back 😁

Every time this thread pops up I'm reminded that I never finished Hollow Knight. It's been a long time but I think I just got bored with it halfway through. Maybe I should give it a second chance.

Every time this thread pops up I'm reminded that I never finished Hollow Knight. It's been a long time but I think I just got bored with it halfway through. Maybe I should give it a second chance.
There is a common theme with a lot of Hollow Knight players in that they appreciated it a lot more upon trying it a second time. Might be worth a shot? There is a reason that many people (including myself) base their entire existence on when Silksong will come out!

Folks, it’s Thursday. Don’t ask, it’s a gut feeling. Had it in my dream last night. It was a pretty hollow day with a pretty hollow night, silk songs by the birds outside, a friendly football match played by a football team, cherry trees blooming, and there were so many of these trees, twenty? Twenty four? Can’t count… that kind of stuff. February. Twenty five trees, actually, now I remember.

What's this "silksong" you're always talking about ? I swear I heard that name long ago but can't remember...

premonitions only gang rise up

Last edited:
Do you think they would talk about silksong on a indie world? I think the game is big enough to have a spot on a regular direct. But on the other hand, it can have all the attention on a indie world, and it doesn't seems to be a direct near, so, who knows.

Just seems very weird to ascribe some kind of snobby attitude of being "not indie" to a team of 3 people who barely do any press at any event. And the few updates they have given are usually along the lines of "we're too small to waste resources on trailers right now"

there is no way Silksong is appearing in this Indie Direct, I'm sorry. The creators think its too big to be called an indie (rightly or wrongly).
Oh, I'm not actually expecting it - I just thought it was a funny coincidence that @Suswave said they were feeling this Wednesday and now we have an Indie World for that day.

Eh, sure, Abyss-based Premonitions are about as reliable an indicator of Silksong as any we've gotten

(On a semi-serious note, Sus is in tune enough with Silksong speculation from their previous posts here that maybe their premonitions were actually based on something)

We don't have enough shit coming out before Tears of the Kingdom. Silksong shadowdrop today. Just make everyone's backlogs complete misery.

527yb1rgzbp71.jpg

Alright turns out Abyss Premonitions may not have in fact been a reliable predictor of Silksong

Well there's always next time

the day technically isn’t over, but I’m emotionally prepared to be sacrificed

Back
Top Bottom