• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Assuming the big guy does 2 damage and the little ones do 1 damage, I think I would rather fight the big guy. Feels like I’d be taking a lot of hits from the little ones, despite being easier to kill.

A better question would be: how the hell did I get to a world where there are bees bigger than humans???

In the replies, someone said that “posts like those are just going to get us hyped for Silksong” (paraphrase)

Xbox then replied, “That’s the point.” 👀

I’m still not entirely convinced the game will come out before June 12th. However, I do think Team Cherry HAS TO say something before then, be it a delay or a release date, because otherwise Xbox will have to answer for them, and I doubt TC wants to piss off Xbox. So the 100 day countdown has me excited for information nonetheless!

im-a-little-bit-scared-ttthefineprinttt.gif

The game always could've been delayed. I think the important thing is if it was they would have to let us know, just like they did for Starfield here.

don’t worry y’all, it’s coming out in February 2024

The pressure must be immense to get this right, I don't envy their position.

I'm thinking it'll release early 2024. Would love to be wrong of course!

Not only did Starfield get delayed but Xbox confirmed their Summer Games Showcase for June 11th, so I'm wondering if TC will make an announcement before june, be it a delay announcement or (hopefully) a release date.

yep, according to people on reddit they just haven't renewed the domain

edit: team cherry's site has been updated and it now refers to this page

Not gonna lie, there was this tiny little spot in my brain that was concerned that they actually cancelled the game, so it’s nice to get some assurance that it’s not the case. 🙃

Does this count as news, @Araraura ? Lol

Not gonna lie, there was this tiny little spot in my brain that was concerned that they actually cancelled the game, so it’s nice to get some assurance that it’s not the case. 🙃

Does this count as news, @Araraura ? Lol
They already submitted it to the ESRB months ago, so I think we're past the possible cancelation stage. I really think it's just the multi-plat launch holding it up at this point. Team Cherry announced it as Switch/PC only at launch, stating they only had the resources for two platforms. Then they confirmed Xbox day one. Then they announced a PlayStation port.

They already submitted it to the ESRB months ago, so I think we're past the possible cancelation stage. I really think it's just the multi-plat launch holding it up at this point. Team Cherry announced it as Switch/PC only at launch, stating they only had the resources for two platforms. Then they confirmed Xbox day one. Then they announced a PlayStation port.
Yeah I know it wasn’t rational, but the wait for this game has pushed me past the point of insanity.

This isn’t really news, but I thought it was worth sharing. I saw it on Reddit. Looks like Silksong is featured in the most recent Game Informer magazine, and the release date is listed as ”2023”. Game Informer is an extremely reputable magazine, so it’s possible they got that release date from TC themselves. Either way, it’s always good to see it listed as 2023 instead of TBA.

My wife got the basic ending to Hollow Knight about a week ago, was so glad she persevered and did it! Watcher Knights held her up for a while (as they did for me in my first playthrough) but once she put on Sharp Shadow she made quick work of them. She's now continuing to play, just beat Traitor Lord and gathering essence to get the Radiance ending. Hasn't done White Palace yet though, very interested to see how she goes haha

@mazi yer killin me with these updates, I keep thinking we’ve heard something

please never stop

screenshot2023-04-04a21dro.png

the silksong announcement trailer has passed 6 million on nintendo's youtube channel

@mazi yer killin me with these updates, I keep thinking we’ve heard something

please never stop
Heh yeah it’s the only thing I get notifications on so when that little red 1 pops up I start freaking out. One day it’s gonna be something exciting and I can’t wait! I appreciate you so much, @mazi !

At this point I am leaning towards a June release, because in my mind there is no way they are going to put this out on the same month Tears of the Kingdom comes out.

it would be hilarious if it was April if only because of the mossbag video from years ago where he said “I’m thinking… April”

I also never assume shit but like…

if we get an April or May Indie World…

Actually I think it was never meant to be released before June 10th, it always seemed to be a messy damage control by Xbox's community management department. Gotta be the second half of the year, or, dare I say, 2024.

Please for the love of all that is good TC do not release Silksong in May. I will not be able to decide which game to play first, TotK or SS 😅

i don't want to be negative but i just don't see how this is gonna get released by june 13th
i just wish they would say that now instead of leth tweeting about it after it doesn't happen

i don't want to be negative but i just don't see how this is gonna get released by june 13th
i just wish they would say that now instead of leth tweeting about it after it doesn't happen
Honestly at this point I'm kind of okay with that, because unless it releases in like the next 3-4 weeks then I'm not likely to have time to play it anytime soon with everything else that's coming out. I mean, I'm sure I would MAKE time, but I'm totally okay with it coming out sometime quieter like Julyish.

I don’t even care about this game and every time I see this thread surface I click and think “Is it out yet?!” So I can’t imagine how you all must feel 😭

Back
Top Bottom