• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Microsoft must have been feeling pretty optimistic last year when they said “first half of 2023” lol
Seriously, what's going on with this game?! Like it's probably been stealth delayed at this point. I don't understand the complete radio silence from Team Cherry, it honestly makes me worried about the state of the game.

“this wednesday or next wednesday”

I still believe
lmao, we can hope eternal, as silksongers are wont to do

there’s a third secret hail mary in the reeds, too, but it’s all literally nonsense

Seriously, what's going on with this game?! Like it's probably been stealth delayed at this point. I don't understand the complete radio silence from Team Cherry, it honestly makes me worried about the state of the game.
They are a very small team, im certainly more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt than i would be a bethesda who announced another stealth starfield delay last month.

this isn’t a hallucination but a true fact: Silksong has never been delayed

They are a very small team, im certainly more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt than i would be a bethesda who announced another stealth starfield delay last month.
Still. Just a blog post or a tweet every once in a while would be nice. They don't communicate at all. It's frustrating at best, extremely worrying at worst.

Still. Just a blog post or a tweet every once in a while would be nice. They don't communicate at all. It's frustrating at best, extremely worrying at worst.
It's not worrying. The game will come out when it's ready and it will be great. That's all there is to it.

They submitted it to the ESRB last summer. There's no chance of cancellation. They just originally announced it for only Switch and PC, and have since confirmed they're porting it to Xbox (day one confirmed) and PlayStation.

There's not going to be much new to update on content-wise since the trailer last year, because they've spent most of that time just porting the game to other platforms. We won't likely see more til the launch/announcement trailer.

They submitted it to the ESRB last summer. There's no chance of cancellation. They just originally announced it for only Switch and PC, and have since confirmed they're porting it to Xbox (day one confirmed) and PlayStation.

There's not going to be much new to update on content-wise since the trailer last year, because they've spent most of that time just porting the game to other platforms. We won't likely see more til the launch/announcement trailer.
I'm not worried about a cancellation, I'm more worried about the quality of the game. What happened to Sports Story has me worried about Silksong.

I'm not worried about a cancellation, I'm more worried about the quality of the game. What happened to Sports Story has me worried about Silksong.
You think they're ashamed to show their game off? As opposed to the answer they've actually given, which is that they're a small team with a limited budget and don't have the time and resources to make trailers? Come on now.

I've played the game at E3. It was great.

You think they're ashamed to show their game off? As opposed to the answer they've actually given, which is that they're a small team with a limited budget and don't have the time and resources to make trailers? Come on now.

I've played the game at E3. It was great.
I never said trailers? I just want open communication. It takes ten minutes to write a blog post, and you don't have to do it every month. Six months would be decent.

They have showed quite a lot of the game and gameplay in the trailers we've seen so my sense is that there isn't any point in showing more of the game, especially as it takes a lot of time and effort to make trailers. I mean it's not like the situation with Tears of the Kingdom where we didn't know much at all about the game at all up until a couple of weeks ago. They showed multiple locations, bosses and varied gameplay, personally I don't need to see more before I play.

The lack of a release date is a bit strange but I guess they either want to avoid committing to a specific date until they are certain that they can finish in time or that they have a marketing deal with Microsoft or Nintendo to shadow drop it.

@Suswave
yelling-yelling-at-cat.gif

Not worried, they'll talk about it when they're ready. It's a huge game being made by a tiny team, it was always going to take a long ass time.

This has got to be the best Daily Silksong News video yet. Truly a masterpiece in video production. I really admire the way he conveys how we’re all feeling so eloquently and succintly. I hope and pray this will be the new standard in relaying the vital information that needs to be heard by the Hollow Knight community.

@Araraura is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both.

I never said trailers? I just want open communication. It takes ten minutes to write a blog post, and you don't have to do it every month. Six months would be decent.
everything else aside, fair or not, if you think a blog post takes ten minutes I’d love to outsource my marketing work to you

it wasn't just that, they confirmed MS's release window on the official hollow knight discord.
true

but at the end of the day, Graig confirmed it…

I still think it’s accurate though, and I have no doubt it will come out this year

Last edited:
Ah well, one day. I still wonder if it'll happen during the XBOX show in June, even if that's technically one day longer than one year

true

but at the end of the day, Graig confirmed it…

I still think it’s accurate though, and I have no doubt it will come out this year
It was actually Simo (playtester and admin of the HK Discord Server) that initially confirmed what Xbox said as "genuine and accurate"; later Graig indirectly confirmed it as well in a comment regarding fans complaining about the lack of news, even after a release window was revealed.

It was actually Simo (playtester and admin of the HK Discord Server) that initially confirmed what Xbox said as "genuine and accurate"; later Graig indirectly confirmed it as well in a comment regarding fans complaining about the lack of news, even after a release window was revealed.
ah, thanks for clarification

i thought it was less funny if I clarified but I’ve apparently lost the touch for tone

ℑ 𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔟𝔲𝔯𝔫 𝔦𝔫 𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔫𝔰𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔣𝔩𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔟𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔴𝔢 𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔦𝔯𝔢

Guys, this isn't good...

Graig (TC playtester) said on Reddit that Team Cherry "never said the game is coming soon"

Feels like the game won't be coming out by June 12th to me. 😞

uhhhh isn’t “it’s releasing soon” on Microsoft…?

Also overdramatic redditors aside, it would quell a lot of people if they just said “hey the game is being worked on, release date still TBD”. It’s not a few obsessives getting impatient, it’s the whole community.

Maybe their hands are tied bc of Microsoft or Nintendo or something. Ultimately they can do what they want and it’s not like people won’t flock to the game whenever it releases, but a bone would be nice.

Also overdramatic redditors aside, it would quell a lot of people if they just said “hey the game is being worked on, release date still TBD”. It’s not a few obsessives getting impatient, it’s the whole community.
They've done this multiple times in the past (blog posts revealing new enemy types, etc) and the response is generally "Wow THAT'S all they're showing, why even bother??"

Sïlksöng is like Prime 4.

I prefer to believe it does not exist, until I hold it in my cold, dead hands.

lol ok, I stand corrected. I only really frequent here so I miss out on a lot of Gamer Fuckery
Yeah, and I mean it's certainly not all one way or the other. You get people who appreciate it too. But for a while there they were doing a series of riddles with enemy reveals after the community solved them. I was writing at a gaming news site at the time and covered some of them, and the responses were pretty toxic.

Guys, this isn't good...

Graig (TC playtester) said on Reddit that Team Cherry "never said the game is coming soon"

Yikes at this response. When Xbox says that it's coming within 12 months at their June 2022 showcase, that is the very definition of saying it's coming soon.

JKkTykf.png

(ghost voice) ʏʏʏʏʏʏɿɿɘʜɔ mɒɘƚ ƚ’ᴎꙅi ƚᎸoꙅoɿɔim

Yikes at this response. When Xbox says that it's coming within 12 months at their June 2022 showcase, that is the very definition of saying it's coming soon.

To be fair, a few games from that showcase, including the biggest one, Starfield, aint going to release in that 12 month window. Bad messaging on Microsoft's part and I'm sure they will think again before making such a definitive statement about a whole showcase of games ever again.

To be fair, a few games from that showcase, including the biggest one, Starfield, aint going to release in that 12 month window. Bad messaging on Microsoft's part and I'm sure they will think again before making such a definitive statement about a whole showcase of games ever again.
They did announce the delay of Starfield though.

They did announce the delay of Starfield though.

Yeah because it was nearing the 12 month deadline and it was obvious that the game wasn't going to be released. I don't think the Silksong devs or any other third party company are beholden to Microsoft's messaging.

There's no winning for team cherry, if the games taking longer to make than they hoped, it's taking longer to make. If they wasted a bunch of time and/or money trying to placate a bunch of people who by their nature probably can't be placated with anything short of routine trailers, it'd be even later, and all of those people are going to buy it anyway.

Then TC should come out and announce a delay. Saying that "you're not entitled to communication simply because you want it" is honestly kinda horseshit. I'd get it if they communicated with the fanbase even somewhat regularly, but they don't at all. That statement comes across as hostile and rude.

Guys, this isn't good...

This post is specifically about how Nintendo put Silksong as Coming Soon in their E3 2019 Direct, they're not talking about the Xbox showcase

Guys, this isn't good...

Nah this is total bullshit. They said the game was “coming soon” back in 2019. Nothing since. We had an update in the Xbox showcase, we learn that the game was coming to Xbox at launch date. We don’t have a launch window, but Xbox says that it will be out within the next 12 months, as with the other games of that presentation. The ones that did got delayed actually had announcements, same thing with the ones that were releasing. For Silksong, nothing. And now this dude has the gall to say that the crowdfunded game doesn’t owe the people that funded the game some basic communication. People often twist the meaning of the word “entitlement” on the Internet but this is a new low

Back
Top Bottom