• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

We're 2 weeks away from Hollow Knight's sixth anniversary btw, imagine how crazy it would be if TC drops the game on the 24th

I can tell you, no matter what, the game will be launching with lots of bugs. Am I right?

I'll see myself out.
Yeah Hollow Knight was just an incredibly buggy game, could barely go a single screen without seeing one

Not expecting Silksong to be any different, except maybe with more spiders

When the Daily Elden Ring News series ended I was genuinely sad, and so will I be when Daily Silksong News ends aswell.

kind of wild to realize that silksong was announced as a standalone game a few months before elden ring’s big reveal

if silksong shadow drops tomorrow, is that the end of daily silksong news? 😔
Yeah I will be sad if it ends. Hopefully Ara will continue to be involved in the Hollow Knight community!

I want Daily Silksong News to continue forever, just "No" everyday

I mean we'll get patches/updates and possibly content packs like the original game, so it could continue for sure!

silkgang are you ready?

ezgif.com-gif-maker10f01.gif

Seriously though, this is the last event Silksong can show up in if it's still coming in H1. It's either this or it's getting revealed on it's own.

Seriously though, this is the last event Silksong can show up in if it's still coming in H1. It's either this or it's getting revealed on it's own.
Even if it doesn't show up, I'll be glad to finally know not to expect it at some big video game event, but on a random Tuesday Team Cherry style!

It was a good nintendo direct at least, I'm a bit sad that ss wasn't there but we got a lot of good shit. I'm still hoping for TC to say something soon but if they need their time, it's for our best.

I'm not gonna lie, the Metroid Prime shadowdrop has made having no SS a lot easier to deal with

Nice to get that message. Sounds like they're in the polishing & bug-fixing stage? I have no idea how long that would take for a game like this, but since they're launching on all platforms this time, I guess that would add a fair bit of extra testing? And once that's completed there's the logistics of arranging the launch & marketing & such. So yeah I'm gonna guess not Feb or March at the very least. Possibly pushed out past the infamous xbox 12 month window? Who knows, I'm just trying to keep my expectations low to avoid the hype/disappointment cycle haha.

Hey, any of you guys have a backloggd? I would love to see other Hollow Knight fans’ game collections/reviews. Feel free to add me on there or link your profile on here so I can add you 😀

hmmmm how bout valentine’s day again
I think so too. When they showed it at that day it was right after a Direct as well

February would be a perfect month for release really. March would be fine too but it would be too close to Have a Nice Death, which has some superficial similarities and could possibly be this year’s surprise roguelike hit so it would be ideal for both to not get overshadowed. The rest are just too close to TOTK, even if it releases in April if it’s as long as HK most people won’t be able to finish it before Zelda releases

This makes me think we're not getting it before summer 😞
In a way it's good, because Tears of the Kingdom it's coming out in May and it's going to consume all my play time for the next couple months.
At this point, i prefer they release it in september or such, so that i can focus on it after i'm done with Zelda.

In a way it's good, because Tears of the Kingdom it's coming out in May and it's going to consume all my play time for the next couple months.
At this point, i prefer they release it in september or such, so that i can focus on it after i'm done with Zelda.
I’m sure I’m in the extreme minority, but I’m wayyyyy more excited for Silksong than Zelda. I am excited for Zelda and will buy it day 1, but I would take a three year delay of Zelda if it meant I could play Silksong now in a heartbeat.

I'd love for it come out in (later) March or April since those are a bit slower months for me. May and June are slammed already. But really I'll take it anytime, of course.

As much as I love Hollow Knight and am super hyped for Silksong, I do have one major reservation (that will likely be unpopular): the difficulty. I found it satisfying and the right level of hard through the majority of the game but towards the end it really pushed the limits of what I am capable of achieving and a lot of the later DLC just came off as masochistic to me. My worry is Team Cherry doubles down on this for the Silksong as it's extreme difficulty seems to be a large part of it's appeal and popularity with a large portion of the fanbase.

As much as I love Hollow Knight and am super hyped for Silksong, I do have one major reservation (that will likely be unpopular): the difficulty. I found it satisfying and the right level of hard through the majority of the game but towards the end it really pushed the limits of what I am capable of achieving and a lot of the later DLC just came off as masochistic to me. My worry is Team Cherry doubles down on this for the Silksong as it's extreme difficulty seems to be a large part of it's appeal and popularity with a large portion of the fanbase.
I agree i hope the difficulty is not Grimm /God area difficult that was just masochistic. Even as a souls veteran who has beaten all of them it was just to much for me

Back
Top Bottom