• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

there may be a “review period” on each storefront, but they may be working with each storefront’s team closely enough to shorten it

my best bet is that the time from now to launch is mostly determined by marketing plans — so I’m still thinking Feb-March cadence

however, if a tough enough bug is found in final review, they could pause plans — though I think they’ve been working very hard to avoid that
Good to hear!!

Oh really? I didn't know anything about IARC, just read a little about it. But if those aren't usually until storefront submission... That's huge!!! That could mean it's only weeks or even days away, right?

Edit: Hol' up. Suswave, how do you know it's usually processed after storefront submission? From previous experience? Or do they state that somewhere?
looked into it for my own game

behold:

NbsPjlG.jpg

and also:

BZmcABb.jpg

so that’s uh…

pretty definitive!

and the rating itself says it’s IARC, meaning…

SILKSOON

this is what I get for not reading the entire application, disregard me, I got silked

obviously don't download the scam game from the rating, but there's a page for it here, and this is the description

Hollow Knight Silksong is an action-adventure game.

Hollow Knight Silksong is an action-adventure game developed and published by Gear0Five. and is a sequel to the original Hollow Knight game. The game revolves around Hornet, The Princess Protector of Hallownest, who embarks on an epic journey to an unknown kingdom. Players explore, fight and discover secrets in a vibrant world of forgotten cities and hidden temples. As they traverse the kingdom, They have to defeat fierce enemies and giant bosses, while mastering the art of mobility and fighting. The game can be played on multiple platforms, including mobile devices, and provides a unique experience for both new and existing fans. It is also an offline game, allowing players to enjoy the game without an internet connection. With its engaging, Story-driven gameplay and vivid art style, Hollow Knight Silksong is a must-play for fans of action adventure.

lol

Yeah, looking now, even the fact '2023' was seemingly part of the game title should've been a red flag. My hype clouded my judgement!

I'm just going to wait on a 100% official announcement, no more looking for clues, there's too many red herrings, particularly from bad actors taking advantage of the hype for it :/

obviously don't download the scam game from the rating, but there's a page for it here, and this is the description

lol
lmao

how the fuck did that pass inspection??

oh wait it’s a loose APK, yeah that tracks — I wonder what “storefront” they used for IARC?

I maintain the following:
  • if you see a genuine IARC rating pop up, everything I said would be true again
  • I still think something rounded a corner last week
back on the spool we go…

Oh man, that was a rollercoaster of emotions. I think we are entering into dangerous levels of comedy here with how many times our hopes have been dashed 🥲

I've thought it's coming in February for months for no reason other than... it feels right, and hey, I'm sticking to it! It'll come when it comes, though, and it'll be awesome. I'm okay waiting.

Want to hear something sad? I woke up today and realized I have spent at least a little bit of every. single. day. for the last four years thinking about Silksong. I am 40 years old. That is 10% of my life thinking about something that doesn’t even really exist yet.

The worst part is that there is virtually no chance that the game will live up to my expectations. I am trying to prepare myself for that, but Hollow Knight is my favorite game of all time so it’s hard not to. And also, what the hell am I going to do after I finish the game? There is a large chunk of my brain that is devoted solely thinking about SS. There will inevitability be a huge void to fill after I’m done.

I‘m sure some of you will suggest I get a life/touch grass/etc. But Hollow Knight makes me so happy that I don’t really want to. (EDIT: I should also mention that I have a wife and three kids who are perfectly fine with my obsession. If anything, they share it and encourage it)

Okay that is enough of my sob story for now. Has anyone else ever had this experience before with any game franchises? How did you deal with it?

Want to hear something sad? I woke up today and realized I have spent at least a little bit of every. single. day. for the last four years thinking about Silksong. I am 40 years old. That is 10% of my life thinking about something that doesn’t even really exist yet.

The worst part is that there is virtually no chance that the game will live up to my expectations. I am trying to prepare myself for that, but Hollow Knight is my favorite game of all time so it’s hard not to. And also, what the hell am I going to do after I finish the game? There is a large chunk of my brain that is devoted solely thinking about SS. There will inevitability be a huge void to fill after I’m done.

I‘m sure some of you will suggest I get a life/touch grass/etc. But Hollow Knight makes me so happy that I don’t really want to. (EDIT: I should also mention that I have a wife and three kids who are perfectly fine with my obsession. If anything, they share it and encourage it)

Okay that is enough of my sob story for now. Has anyone else ever had this experience before with any game franchises? How did you deal with it?
honestly, that's perfectly fine. you're just passionate about something and there's nothing wrong with waiting and thinking about something for 4 years. as long as it's not affecting your life in a negative way, who cares?

I've thought it's coming in February for months for no reason other than... it feels right, and hey, I'm sticking to it! It'll come when it comes, though, and it'll be awesome. I'm okay waiting.
post #666, confirmed

edit: apparently this is old news?

So I checked to see if there was anything new on Silksong and it looks like the game has an nsuid and is said to be "IN STOCK".

Here's the full contents of the response:

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

So I checked to see if there was anything new on Silksong and it looks like the game now has an nsuid and is said to be "IN STOCK".

Here's the full contents of the response:

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
EVERYONE GET IN HERE

I feel like we go through this same thing once every two weeks and it's EXHAUSTING

This bot will automatically post in this thread when Silksong's metadata is updated on the US eShop.
To start, here is the current data straight from Nintendo's servers:

{
"title": "Hollow Knight: Silksong",
"demoNsuid": null,
"editions": [ "Digital" ],
"esrbDescriptors": [ "Visit www.esrb.org for rating information." ],
"esrbRating": "RP",
"genres": [ "Action", "Adventure", "Indie", "Platformer" ],
"nsoFeatures": null,
"softwareDeveloper": "Team Cherry",
"softwarePublisher": "Team Cherry",
"storeId": "MTE4MTIx",
"availability": [],
"createdAt": "2022-01-24T19:10:20.000Z",
"categoryIds": [ "ODUx", "ODU0" ],
"collectionPriceRange": null,
"corePlatforms": [ "Nintendo Switch" ],
"description": "Hollow Knight: Silksong ",
"eshopDetails": null,
"exclusive": false,
"featuredProduct": false,
"nsuid": "70010000020840",
"platinumPoints": null,
"platform": "Nintendo Switch",
"platformCode": "NINTENDO_SWITCH",
"playModes": [ "Handheld mode", "Tabletop mode", "TV mode" ],
"playerCount": "Single Player",
"price": null,
"priceRange": null,
"productImage": "ncom/en_US/games/switch/h/hollow-knight-silksong-switch/hero",
"franchises": [],
"releaseDate": "2022-12-31T00:00:00.000Z",
"releaseDateDisplay": "TBD",
"sku": "7100020840",
"stockStatus": "IN_STOCK",
"updatedAt": "2022-05-27T22:16:40.000Z",
"url": "/store/products/hollow-knight-silksong-switch/",
"urlKey": "hollow-knight-silksong-switch",
"visibleInSearch": true,
"topLevelCategory": "Games",
"topLevelCategoryCode": "GAMES",
"topLevelFilters": [],
"dlcType": null,
"contentRatingCode": "RP",
"hasDlc": false,
"objectID": "7100020840"
}

When an update happens, the updated data will be posted in this thread within 10 minutes.

Silksong's metadata has been updated on the US eShop.
Here is the updated data:

[["Coming soon"], "/games/detail/hollow-knight-silksong-switch/", "Play as Hornet, princess-protector of Hallownest, and adventure through a whole new kingdom ruled by silk and song! Captured and brought to this unfamiliar world, Hornet must battle foes and solve mysteries as she ascends on a deadly pilgrimage to the kingdom\u2019s peak. Hollow Knight: Silksong is the epic sequel to Hollow Knight, the award winning action-adventure. As the lethal hunter Hornet, journey to all-new lands, discover new powers, battle vast hordes of bugs and beasts and uncover ancient secrets tied to your nature and your past.", ["Action", "Adventure", "Platformer", "Indie"], "62a394b6-ce76-4c13-81d9-991039f16c98", "Rating Pending"]

This update happened within the last 10 minutes.

Huh, I wonder what was changed
All the data in the post is new.

The description was updated to read:

Play as Hornet, princess-protector of Hallownest, and adventure through a whole new kingdom ruled by silk and song! Captured and brought to this unfamiliar world, Hornet must battle foes and solve mysteries as she ascends on a deadly pilgrimage to the kingdom\u2019s peak. Hollow Knight: Silksong is the epic sequel to Hollow Knight, the award winning action-adventure. As the lethal hunter Hornet, journey to all-new lands, discover new powers, battle vast hordes of bugs and beasts and uncover ancient secrets tied to your nature and your past.

It was also just added to the Coming Soon page!

Silksong's metadata has been updated on the US eShop.
Here is the updated data:

["Hollow Knight: Silksong ", "RP", [], "7100020840", "/store/products/hollow-knight-silksong-switch/", ["Action", "Adventure", "Indie", "Platformer"]]

This update happened within the last 10 minutes.

Oh wow. This is some neat stuff

I wonder, would the bot be able to detect changes to the metadata of a DLC page that already exists? For instance, wave 4 of the MK8 DLC
Yep I'd just have to plug it in, but I'm hours past due sleep right now

To me that indicates a valentines day shadow drop and anouncement during the direct this or next week.

the description hasn't changed, it's been the same since 2019 on both steam and eshop, but other changes to the metadata are exciting, hopefully we'll see a shadow drop or a release date trailer in the direct.

So with all these updates on other games such as Advance Wars and Zelda as well as Silk Song and being February already, a Direct is definitely soon.

Imagine if they shadow drop this? Just weeks before Octopath 2.

So with all these updates on other games such as Advance Wars and Zelda as well as Silk Song and being February already, a Direct is definitely soon.

Imagine if they shadow drop this? Just weeks before Octopath 2.
a shadow drop would be great, but i wonder with the game coming to other platforms how would that work. could it get leaked on the ps/xbox stores before the direct?

a shadow drop would be great, but i wonder with the game coming to other platforms how would that work. could it get leaked on the ps/xbox stores before the direct?
I genuinely forgot that its also coming to other consoles. I guess a shadow drop is most unlikely unless it comes to PC/Switch first and then Xbox/PS5?

Back
Top Bottom