• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Will Mainline Persona Ever Come To Switch? Update: Yes! It’s Time To Make History!

Will Mainline Persona Come To Switch?

• Yes

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hashino is out who has been the primary problem with all the Queerphobic shit in it and we now have a new series producer/director, so here's hoping.
I don’t know, seems just as endemic to the usual list of shittier anime/JRPG tropes that Persona mines from. I’m not holding out any great hope of Persona not treating such topics like a joke, which is ridiculous giving the regular themes of teenagers discovering their true selves, standing up against the expectations of others and bigotry etc.

I mean, this is the same series where they have a male teacher perving on a female student, then think it’s ok to have her dressed up in fetish gear with her ass in the air when she’s KO’d, and then have an option for a female teacher to date a student, in a weird combo of narrative hypocrisy and treating a professional woman with a responsibility over her students the same as schoolgirls. There’s so many issues all jumbled up together that the whole ‘youth empowerment/rebellion/find yourself’ thing is so confused when it’s filtered through all the generic tropey ~phobia and misogyny.

Last edited:
Still skipping Switch LMAO. Unbelievable. This whole announcement has been a confusing mess. I expect nothing less from Atlus. At least I can do P5 on Steam Deck finally.

No mention of it on the P25 site, but Eurogamer confirmed the press release, so looks like PS5 and Steam will get Persona 3, 4, and 5 too.

Looks like we are still waiting for the Nintendo Direct then for Switch…

I have already said it on the announcement thread, but things for Atlus (and other JP devs) will only change if Nintendo pays or skipping Nintendo hardware starts hurting their finances, mainline Persona can come to Switch/Nintendo hardware but Atlus will never put real effort on the platform if there is no Nintendo money, they are forced to not lose money or pushed by SEGA (like it has happened with Xbox, but SEGA and Nintendo are not as close as Xbox and SEGA). Late ports of late ports doesn't mean nothing for Atlus strategy in the future

I have already said it on the announcement thread, but things for Atlus (and other JP devs) will only change if Nintendo pays or skipping Nintendo hardware starts hurting their finances, mainline Persona can come to Switch/Nintendo hardware but Atlus will never put real effort on the platform if there is no Nintendo money, they are forced to not lose money or pushed by SEGA (like it has happened with Xbox, but SEGA and Nintendo are not as close as Xbox and SEGA). Late ports of late ports doesn't mean nothing for Atlus strategy in the future
I mean most mid tier Jp devs have already started making the jump, Falcom being the last big hold out that jumped over recently. If you want to succeed in japan its basically mandatory. The big ones have the luxury of western success, but still tend to give the switch something

I mean most mid tier Jp devs have already started making the jump, Falcom being the last big hold out that jumped over recently. If you want to succeed in japan its basically mandatory. The big ones have the luxury of western success, but still tend to give the switch something
Falcom just proves my point that the ones that are still suck on PS2 era will only change once finances hurt (Kuro was a huge flop for them). Also ignoring Japan will bite back at one point for developers that Atlus that over 50% of their sales come from Asia/Japan, Nintendo is also the market leader by quite a lot in Taiwan/South Korea and China when it comes to consoles.

Seems like the switch versions could be announce in the direct, as Nate mentioned on twitter
I was hoping that but now the Direct is in the end of the month, there's no point in saving the announcement for 2 weeks. But I do expect Atlus to have reveals in the Direct, could be a VanillaWare game or more SMT remasters...

I was hoping that but now the Direct is in the end of the month, there's no point in saving the announcement for 2 weeks. But I do expect Atlus to have reveals in the Direct, could be a VanillaWare game or more SMT remasters...
Nintendo save the announcement of the Life is Strange games more time than two weeks

And it is not the first time it happens

Last edited:
If 6 still has that shit even without Hashino, I will just assume bigotry is part of the series' defining traits like school sim and turn based battles, and will move on from it completely.
I don't think just one person even if it's the most influential for the development of the game is the only one deciding to have transphobic/homophobic content on the games, if that was the case other people would suggest not doing so. If Persona 6 doesn't have this type of content it will not be because of the lack of Hashino imo

Quoted by: Leo
No not that, if they're saving this, could be more than 2 weeks. There's no stopping them to have Persona games in the September Direct, you know...
The point is that all the reliable sources are saying that these games exist for Switch, so it would not be surprising if it was like in other occasions (Nintendo save the announcement for their events).

I think it will be in this month's direct, but as you say, it could be in another.

I don't think just one person even if it's the most influential for the development of the game is the only one deciding to have transphobic/homophobic content on the games, if that was the case other people would suggest not doing so. If Persona 6 doesn't have this type of content it will not be because of the lack of Hashino imo

It's not like Hashino would have to push for it, Atlus is no stranger to that kind of content in their games so if the director wants to do it, people wouldn't fight against it, it's natural for them. It just seems like it's imprinted in all Hashino games and I don't think that's a coincidence when mainline SMT is much better in that regard. In the same way, if SMTVI is directed by someone who thinks it's funny to have a trans character as a joke in the game, I think they would do it, unfortunately.

Well... the direct is our only and last hope now.
kGpRV5p.jpg

I hope they release this eventually, like Catherine or something.

I already played P3P, P4G and base P5 so even if ATLUS releases the game day one on switch I probably wouldn't play them for a long time.

I find it hilarious how many people want to doubt Nate.

Remember when Final Fantasy 7,8,9,10,12 were playstation console exclusive and would never come to switch because of loyalty/contracts etc?

That happened.

Remember when the Naughty Dog Crash Games would never come for the same reason?

Danganronpa?

This is like that scene from The Matrix Reloaded where the architect explains this is the sixth cycle and that they had become increasingly efficient at maintaining it.

Well we have our own cycle of despair like this that keeps repeating. Also all of the above were announced for Switch in a direct.

I find it hilarious how many people want to doubt Nate.

Remember when Final Fantasy 7,8,9,10,12 were playstation console exclusive and would never come to switch because of loyalty/contracts etc?

That happened.

Remember when the Naughty Dog Crash Games would never come for the same reason?

Danganronpa?

This is like that scene from The Matrix Reloaded where the architect explains this is the sixth cycle and that they had become increasingly efficient at maintaining it.

Well we have our own cycle of despair like this that keeps repeating. Also all of the above were announced for Switch in a direct.
The DanganRonpa one was weird. I was told by some people that it was because Sony published the games in Japan or something, but that never explained the ancient mobile versions. We have Switch versions now though, so that can’t have been the case.

The DanganRonpa one was weird. I was told by some people that it was because Sony published the games in Japan or something, but that never explained the ancient mobile versions. We have Switch versions now though, so that can’t have been the case.
The developers literally didnt want to port it to Nintendo hardware that’s what happened until they folded according to old rumors

Hopefully! Personally, I'd really like to play Innocent Sin as that's the only Persona game I haven't beaten. I started playing the PSP version but ended up quitting for whatever reason. That said, for most people the newer games are (rightfully) more in demand. The series has definitely grown and improved a lot. Overall, it's definitely my fav JRPG series.

Well... the direct is our only and last hope now.
I think we’ll see them by the end of June, but this thread has always been before the Switch fully retires. There’s a possible chance Switch skips Persona 5 Royal at which point we don’t hear about P3P and P4G until months or a year later.

I think we’ll see them by the end of June, but this thread has always been before the Switch fully retires. There’s a possible chance Switch skips Persona 5 Royal at which point we don’t hear about P3P and P4G until months or a year later.
That's right, if P5R is indeed skipping Switch then it'll be very long time until we hear about the Switch status of P4G and P3P.

There is no reason for P5R to skip the Switch but not P3P/P4G. They already made the engine compatible for the Switch for Catherine:Full Body, if they choose to not make the port is not for tech reasons so no reason for the other 2 to also come

There is no reason for P5R to skip the Switch but not P3P/P4G. They already made the engine compatible for the Switch for Catherine:Full Body, if they choose to not make the port is not for tech reasons so no reason for the other 2 to also come
I’m not terribly worried on the technical end in the could it run it sense (definitely could), but more because it is more work scaling parts down they’d skip it. Hopefully an unfounded fear. I want all three games (and Persona and the P2s).

Edit: May as well use this space since I already commented here.

How do we imprison everyone who keeps saying P5R can’t run or wouldn’t run well on Switch? We got the Witcher 3 at a solid 30fps, I think it can handle a turn based PS3 game with new content.

Last edited:
Where did you get the info that p5r is skipping switch?
Hypothetical situation. Nate said that could be the deal, Switch getting 4 and 3 but not 5, but nothing's set in stone, we have to wait and find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom