• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Will Mainline Persona Ever Come To Switch? Update: Yes! It’s Time To Make History!

Will Mainline Persona Come To Switch?

• Yes

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P4G and P5R deserve portability, but Atlus seem to suffer from voluntary Stockholm Syndrome.

At least people can just watch the anime versions, which are pretty enjoyable.

Probably, but it might be towards the end of the 25th anniversary reveals. They won’t blow their load early.

Also, I want the rhythm games on Switch. I don’t like playing those kinds of games on a TV.

Maybe something like “not live website update points towards Switch / PS4 ports of Golden”

Reading the tweet replies suggests it wasn’t there when the website first went live.
Okay, we go with this for now.

Now keep in mind that this release is digital only and try to imagine that you can only buy P4G in a package with Arena. The ultimate Atlus move.

This is definitely an interesting development for speculation. I feel like it would be easier to have no options to tab between for Switch/PS4 on the website if there is only one edition, so creating the multiple tabs might mean it’s happening.

The Golden port on PC was a shadow drop iirc and very successful, so they might not want a big lead time before an announcement. I think they’ll be separate games you can bundle together for a discount. I don’t think Golden will be locked to Arena.

Look, as much as I want P5R on Switch, P4G is my favorite game in the series and I’d be perfectly satisfied with it if that was the one game we got.

At some point it will. Unless Sony decides to money hat all persona titles forever. Game development isn’t getting any cheaper and porting older titles to PC/Switch is really tempting for “free” money while tapping into a new audience. PC already got a port of 4 too so it’s not like Atlus is dead set against the idea. It’ll just take time to happen for more platforms.

Now the real question is will it ever come to Xbox without game pass money.

Persona 4 Golden on Switch would mean 2017 Me finally gets what they want.

But seriously it'd be great to get that game more widely available on even more platforms let's goooo

If P4G comes to Switch I vow to give the game another shot. Dropped it about halfway through on Vita, despite enjoying it. Guess I burnt out on it back then.

They can keep P5(R) for all I care, not touching that one again.

Why does "Midnight Channel Collection" implies it's P4G coming? Couldn't it be the fighting game + one of the dancing games?

Why does "Midnight Channel Collection" implies it's P4G coming? Couldn't it be the fighting game + one of the dancing games?
It's the name for P4AU+P4G Bundle on Steam.

Edit: Removed the link because it kept redirecting to the main page.

It's the name for P4AU+P4G Bundle on Steam.

Edit: Removed the link because it kept redirecting to the main page.

Oh got it! Hopefully we will be able to buy it separately, although I think most people would easily shell 60 dollars for P4 alone.

If we get a 4 collection and not 3...notorious homophobe bin man Yosuke and annoying bear lech Teddie can't keep getting away with this!

Everybody join hands and form a prayer circle for an Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment double pack using the PSP versions, with bonus Persona 2 Dancing Crystal Skull Night.

Probably, but it might be towards the end of the 25th anniversary reveals. They won’t blow their load early.

Also, I want the rhythm games on Switch. I don’t like playing those kinds of games on a TV.

I find P3D and P5D more comfortable to be honest, largely because I can play them on a TV. I've been playing P4D on Vita the past week and have been getting eye strain/blurriness - it's not doing my brow wrinkles any good. The dancing games docked would be annoying though since you can't plug headphones into a controller like on PS4.

I'd be tempted if they included all the DLC tracks and characters though, I never bothered picking those up. Will be fun breaking joycons trying to clear the harder modes!

There's seem to be a lot smoke/rumors about P3. Apparently P3 is getting a remaster that mixes both Portable and FES.

I guess we won't have to wait tooooo long. I just don't want to excited because if it dosen't come to Switch, I will be devastated lol.

I hope so! But dont they have some sort of contract with sony regarding mainline persona games?
I bet it’s like the original FF7 situation where for 20 years it was only on PlayStation and PC. Everyone just assumed that Sony owned the right and it’s never go anywhere else. And then it, out of nowhere, came to every other system and the only hold us was Square being completely incompetent, not a secret Sony deal.

It’s most likely the same scenario here. There’s no secret Sony deal conspiracy, it’s just Atlus being completely tone def and inept.

Edit: also, who is that “insider” or whatever up above. They are speaking pretty definitely. Is it just more “insider” smoke up our butts?

I bet it’s like the original FF7 situation where for 20 years it was only on PlayStation and PC. Everyone just assumed that Sony owned the right and it’s never go anywhere else. And then it, out of nowhere, came to every other system and the only hold us was Square being completely incompetent, not a secret Sony deal.

It’s most likely the same scenario here. There’s no secret Sony deal conspiracy, it’s just Atlus being completely tone def and inept.

Edit: also, who is that “insider” or whatever up above. They are speaking pretty definitely. Is it just more “insider” smoke up our butts?
If I recall correctly, they datamine lots of things and were the one to find the PS4 files in SMTV. They also said they got sources/heard that a P3 game of some sort is happening. Could be nothing.

I find P3D and P5D more comfortable to be honest, largely because I can play them on a TV. I've been playing P4D on Vita the past week and have been getting eye strain/blurriness - it's not doing my brow wrinkles any good. The dancing games docked would be annoying though since you can't plug headphones into a controller like on PS4.

I'd be tempted if they included all the DLC tracks and characters though, I never bothered picking those up. Will be fun breaking joycons trying to clear the harder modes!
I can respect that. My love of rhythm games on portables probably ties back to all the Project Diva I played on PSP and Vita.

I’ve been thinking about rebuying a Vita and may just grab the games on there.

There's seem to be a lot smoke/rumors about P3. Apparently P3 is getting a remaster that mixes both Portable and FES.

I guess we won't have to wait tooooo long. I just don't want to excited because if it dosen't come to Switch, I will be devastated lol.

Always funny to see leakers with that "ugh fine i hate the attention but I'm giving you peasants what you just to make you happy"

If this means I can finally play P4, I'm golden.

But why not announce this with the original announcement?
If there’s one thing Atlus loves more than trolling, it’s making announcements. Why announce P4AU + P4G for Switch and make a huge PR splash when you can announce P4AU by itself and make some people excited and other annoyed and then later announce P4G for maximum hype.

Atlus is the master of bait and switch announcements.

What was this?

Someone claiming P3 is getting a port mixing FES and the Portable content. I don't know who they are, but they didn't make a great impression.
Most likely deleted it because it gained traction and they know they’re full of crap.

The P3 port rumors have been around since P4G was rumored and then released. Even Jason Schreier has talked about an eventual Persona 3 port. So it’s probably coming at some point.

At this point it feels more like private deals than incompetence.

Sony is trying pretty hard to ensure PlayStation is synonymous with main Final Fantasy productions. It’d be unsurprising, especially after the success of P5, if they’re trying to do the same here.
There's nothing that indicates this to be the case. If Persona 4 Golden released on PS4 and no other platform then I'd agree with you. But Sony having lifetime exclusivity on a series they don't own, aren't in the credits for and don't even publish, would be unprecedented in this industry.

Sony is trying pretty hard to ensure PlayStation is synonymous with main Final Fantasy productions. It’d be unsurprising, especially after the success of P5, if they’re trying to do the same here.
I don't really think so, because timed exclusivity doesn't stay for like 5 years, and full exclusivity that allows a sequel to be released literally everywhere, and a predecessor that didn't even got released on your own current consoles be released on PC...

It's probable that there was some money on the table for the launch window, but it surely has vanished. And while P5 was an amazing success for what it is, it's neither the sales juggernaut nor the type of game that Sony puts huge money on.

I remember something akin to 'it wouldn't be fair to PS4 users if we released Nier on PC' when Square got enquired about a port, so...

I’ve never had the sense that Persona was locked down because of a deal or anything. As Zalman said above, there’s nothing to suggest that in the credits and no one has ever been able to point to any interview or announcement that suggests it.

I can see why people want to believe that in the absence of the games appearing elsewhere, but you’d think if Sony helped fund these games they’d try to get them on more Sony platforms at least and make a big deal about promoting them.

Nah, we know when Sony has a deal in place.

Sony can't shut up about Final Fantasy and Genshin Impact is still MIA on Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom