• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Will Mainline Persona Ever Come To Switch? Update: Yes! It’s Time To Make History!

Will Mainline Persona Come To Switch?

• Yes

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo to Atlus now

113f7274f1b821b4dc9215de050598a2.gif

Normally I would though that they would want to announce the switch versions in a direct, bit the lack of PS in the announcement makes me doubt.

I simply can't dismiss the fact that Nate bluntly stated it's coming to all ecosystems. I absolutely understand and acknowledge all the "Atlus is THAT stupid" arguments, really, but I would be really surprised if he got that wrong so badly.

Time will tell, ay!

Even with the trustworthy insiders claiming, the only thing that is keeping me hopeful is the non-ps in the announcement. But I would bet on Kirby in the xbox presents before beting on persona on switch right now.

I simply can't dismiss the fact that Nate bluntly stated it's coming to all ecosystems. I absolutely understand and acknowledge all the "Atlus is THAT stupid arguments", really, but I would be really surprised if he got that wrong so badly.

Time will tell, ay!
And all leakers basically talked about it being on all platforms

I hope they have actual evidence these games are coming to all consoles and not just an assumption like “no way it’ll be Xbox exclusive, it has to be on all consoles.”

My fear is that it’s an assumption and they underestimated Microsoft and Atlus.

I’ll play them in my XSX, but I’d greatly prefer them on Switch.

Well at least it's on something I can play! Even if it is just through XCloud, which works well enough for turn-based stuff I suppose

No apparent Steam port even is super weird, since XBox games themselves typically release there

Persona JP has yet to announce the games, for what it is worth.

Before the Switch panicking begins, calm down everyone. The current announcement isn't even for PS4/PS5 and Steam, looks like this announcement is very specifically for Xbox and Windows versions.

Do you want to make me cry?
Well tbf the leakers who leaked this prior seem sure the games are also coming to Steam and Switch, so hopefully it's just the announcement being weird and not ATLUS completely taking leave of whatever senses they have

Please announce them for Switch on the direct :(

I think it's still likely because P3P looks like a heavily reworked remaster so I doubt they'd release it as Xbox exclusive.

Well tbf the leakers who leaked this prior seem sure the games are also coming to Steam and Switch, so hopefully it's just the announcement being weird and not ATLUS completely taking leave of whatever senses they have
I swear to God, if they pull this stunt and only make it available via MS platforms, i.e. Windows Store on PCs + Xbox consoles...
Do they want to make me lose interest in the franchise that badly? I don't think so, so here's hoping.

Otherwise, well... Guess I've had a good run with P3 and P4, lmao

I swear to God, if they pull this stunt and only make it available via MS platforms, i.e. Windows Store on PCs + Xbox consoles...
Do they want to make me lose interest in the franchise that badly? I don't think so, so here's hoping.

Otherwise, well... Guess I've had a good run with P3 and P4, lmao

It’s a big probability that MS paid money for Atlus to port the 3 games to Xbox and PC. I’m guessing they want Nintendo to post for the ports too

That would be really weird. Doesn't Microsoft even release their own games on Steam Day 1 now? I'd be extremely surprised if it was a Windows Store exclusive lol.
Tbf, Atlus are the reigning experts in completely "WTF" decision making, so they're about the only company I'd actually expect to pull something like that

But I'm still leaning towards it being the case of a weird announcement, and hopefully something comes around to clear that up officially sometime soon

Atlus JP not having posted the announcement (okay granted it's like, what, 4 in the morning over there?), no Steam and Playstation versions being announced and MOST leakers saying it's coming to all them platforms. I wouldn't say I'm keeping my hopes up considering they perished a good 3 years ago, but all of those combined seem SOMEWHAT suspicious to me.

Or, as most of us have disdainfully started to revert to, it's yet another certified Atlus moment to add to the collection. No one to save us either.

EDIT: Fuck it, I trust Nate and he's gonna spare me from witnessing a terrible night. (no, not because of a goddamn game, but I got ill yet fucking again, mind you.)

With PC Gaming Show happening soon I guess we’ll soon see whether or not those leaks come true. Unless Atlus is waiting for a Direct which would be so them & lol worthy

I doubt Nintendo paid any dime for 13 Sentinels port. I mean, if they had to pay for a port it's obvious what it would be.

That happened because Vanillaware is re-releasing their back catalogue on modern platforms this year, 13 Sentinels with ATLUS and now GrimGrimoire with NIS (PS4/NSW).

It’s not a game developed by ATLUS’ internal studios.

I wouldn’t discount the idea that they could be coming to the next iteration of the Switch, for what it’s worth. Maybe the persona series will be lumped in with the ”Now on Switch 2” group like Skyrim was back in the announcement trailer.

I wouldn’t discount the idea that they could be coming to the next iteration of the Switch, for what it’s worth. Maybe the persona series will be lumped in with the ”Now on Switch 2” group like Skyrim was back in the announcement trailer.
P3/P4 are PSP and PS Vita games, Switch should have no issues running them, there is no reason to Wait for a Switch 2, even for P5 that in the end it is a PS3 game.

Ah so it would be joining the KH collection then for Switch 2 for essentially no reason.

That happened because Vanillaware is re-releasing their back catalogue on modern platforms this year, 13 Sentinels with ATLUS and now GrimGrimoire with NIS (PS4/NSW).

It’s not a game developed by ATLUS’ internal studios.
It may not be an internally developed title, but Atlus still needs to give the go-ahead before Vanillaware could even begin porting 13 Sentinels to the Switch and the same thing is true for NIS and GrimGrimoire.

It may not be an internally developed title, but Atlus still needs to give the go-ahead before Vanillaware could even begin porting 13 Sentinels to the Switch and the same thing is true for NIS and GrimGrimoire.

My point is that ATLUS internal studio on Switch will always provide either late ports (literally everything they released on the system...) or games Nintendo had to pay for development (... SMT V).

My point is that ATLUS internal studio on Switch will always provide either late ports (literally everything they released on the system...) or games Nintendo had to pay for development (... SMT V).
Your point was very poorly communicated than and of course Atlus' output on the Switch has been mainly ports, their development cycle has slowed considerably since the retirement of the 3DS and Vita. SMTV and SH2 are the only new games they have internally developed in the past five years.

I've got little interest in revisiting Persona 4, and I'd much rather return to FES over P3P. I've personally never been stoked about replaying Persona 5 either since I feel that game is too long for its own good; that being said I've always been somewhat interested in Royal's new content, and having it portable is about the only way I could see myself put 100+ hours back into the game over the long term. While I don't have much skin in this particular rumor, I'm hoping P5R is part of the equation if the series is truly making it over to the Switch.

While we haven’t had the Teddie and Morgana video yet to fully close the book, the 25th anniversary website has filled in Announcement 5 for now as “Persona comes to current game consoles” and just lists the Xbox and PC ports.

Announcement 6 is interestingly listed as coming soon rather than a specific month or window.

I’m hopeful the Announcement 5 page will fill in with Switch and PlayStation ports by the end of the month following the Nintendo Direct. While this thread has always been about Switch specifically, no console should miss out.

I’m sorry, I had a dream that this would be happening last night, so I may have jinxed it

instead we’ll be getting a game based on the classic film by Ingmar Bergman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom