• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |ST| Linkin' Parts (Please Tag All Spoilers)

Probably won’t get to play this until the weekend due to previously scheduled events, but this is a game to savor considering the next Zelda won’t come for a half decade at least. Hard to believe we’ve come to the point where there can be an actual ST for the game.

Holy shit, we are here. This is unreal!!! Good job on the ST.

But kinda expected that Ganon line from the final trailer ngl😭

Now that it's almost there, I'm kinda scared of playing it. Either because I would be disappointed that this game is "not enough" or that it's so good that I would be like "So what now ?" once it's over. That game will just be a few weeks of relief before the next years of long agony leading to the hype train for the fluid simulation water based next Zelda on Switch XL Advanced pro.

Four long years of waiting are about to be worth it. Fantastic ST, @WestEgg!

My partner's favorite game franchise is Zelda, and Breath of the Wild is their current favorite game. They are stoked for this game like you wouldn't believe. And on my end I'm about to get some much-needed time off. Can't wait to get home from work, order a pizza, and dive back into Hyrule just like we did back in 2017.

So glad to be moving into our new home! That was a hell of amazing last thread, let’s see if we can break 20k by Friday.

Just realized this, but reading the ST with the TOTK theme is amazing. It honestly reads and feels like a press site by Nintendo themselves (except without little koroks hiding to give 100 My Nintendo points).

It has just turned midnight on the 10th for me.

TOTK unlocks at 11PM on the 11th for me.

I will be playing TOTK tomorrow.

So the game comes out on Friday, but I leave for a two week vacation on Saturday. I probably won't be playing it much on vacation, maybe like an hour a night at most, but on the plus side I'll have something to keep me occupied on the 8+ hour flight there and back. And I did take Friday the 12th off

The worse part though is that I ordered the game to my parents' house, since I was gonna go there a couple days early and head to the airport together. Except last minute we planned a mother's day brunch on Saturday, near where I live. So it would be a waste going to my parents' place early just to come back

But now I have Friday off and no game to play until Saturday 🥲

Great ST!

The fact that I'm even saying "Great ST" to a freaking Tears of the Kingdom ST makes me smile from ear to ear.

What a painful two days this will be. Absolutely painful.

spongebob-waiting.jpg

Very nice ST!

I took a week off work.
With just minor obligations in between, I will be able to deep dive into this game for nearly 10 days straight. I am sure it's worth it.
I can't believe it is almost here!

Very nice ST!

I took a week off work.
With just minor obligations in between, I will be able to deep dive into this game for nearly 10 days straight. I am sure it's worth it.
Me too, got the whole week starting Thursday. The last time I had more than 3 days off was March 3rd, 2017- March 11th. One doesn’t even need to know when the next Zelda is coming out, they just need to ask me when my next vacation is.

Me too, got the whole week starting Thursday. The last time I had more than 3 days off was March 3rd, 2017- March 11th. One doesn’t even need to know when the next Zelda is coming out, they just need to ask me when my next vacation is.

That's dedication, haha.

Did it for BotW as well.
I have a good amount of surplus of paid vacation days because of Covid, so it wasn't a hard decision to take time off.

It really has been a journey. Nearly four long years!

Still doesn't feel real in two days the game will be out.

I am in the club for time off work. Been saving money this year and had loads of leave to take. My non gaming friends think I am mental for taking 1.5 weeks off work to “just play a game”. I cannot think of a better reason to take time off work than for an event which only happens every 5 or 6 years - and heck its like a vacation anyway. I may not be physically in Hyrule but I sure as hell will be there mentally.

Today is my last working day until 22nd May. Game unlocks for me at 4pm tomorrow. Getting together with a friend - I was there with him for his first BoTW experience, so its only right we make this a tradition and do the same for this game. So many glorious days off to play.

We have all waited so long for this. Hope each and everyone of you have the experience you have all been yearning for. I just feel it in my bones that we are about to experience Nintendo at its very best. I for one cannot wait to see what is in store for us - having only watched the trailers and nothing more. See you all on the other side.

Very nice ST!

I took a week off work.

I am in the club for time off work. Been saving money this year and had loads of leave to take. My non gaming friends think I am mental for taking 1.5 weeks off work to “just play a game”. I cannot think of a better reason to take time off work than for an event which only happens every 5 or 6 years - and heck its like a vacation anyway. I may not be physically in Hyrule but I sure as hell will be there mentally.

Today is my last working day until 22nd May. Game unlocks for me at 4pm tomorrow. Getting together with a friend - I was there with him for his first BoTW experience, so its only right we make this a tradition and do the same for this game. So many glorious days off to play.

We have all waited so long for this. Hope each and everyone of you have the experience you have all been yearning for. I just feel it in my bones that we are about to experience Nintendo at its very best. I for one cannot wait to see what is in store for us - having only watched the trailers and nothing more. See you all on the other side.

Same! Glad to see I'm not alone here. There are actually a couple of other people at my job taking off for the same reasons, but everyone else thinks we're crazy 😭

I will have nothing less than the FULL FAT DOCKED PRO experience, thank you 😁
Yeah, me most of the time too. But am also fond of the idea playing handheld later at night. But most importantly with headphones most of the time, according to AskTheDev they somehow improved the sound design that was already amazing in BOTW.

Incredible to think of how much time has passed since the release of Breath of the Wild, and how different our world is today. Also, Zelda releases have always been the kind of event for me that structure my life in hindsight. How old was I when this game launched? What did I do with my life then? TotK will be another one of these events, and I cannot wait.

Yeah, me most of the time too. But am also fond of the idea playing handheld later at night. But most importantly with headphones most of the time, according to AskTheDev they somehow improved the sound design that was already amazing in BOTW.

Yeah, that sounds awesome too. Since I'm getting a SWOLED TOTK edition, I'll probably try it portably on my second playthrough.

I'm interested to see how they've improved the sound design as it was already pretty good in BOTW; sound effects attenuated with distance and occluded when emitted from outside interiors while the camera was inside interiors.

They seem to be suggesting that they improved the accuracy of acoustic simulation, but it'll be interesting to see how noticeable the improvements will be. We'll probably need to wear headphones to really pick up all the nuances.

Are you playing docked on a TV or handheld? Joy-Cons or Pro Controller? Tell me.

Yes!

But really I will probably play docked a lot because I do like to record/stream just in case something really cool happens. I will still get some time in while handheld as well, mostly to compare BOTW vs TOTK on the OLED screen.

edit: 8bitdo ultimate controller while docked.

38 hours to go here. Just got my text from EB Games that the CE will be ready to pickup at 8AM Friday. :’]

Back
Top Bottom